Hecarim and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

04-18-2012

Has anyone had any kind of success with Hec, and if so what kind of builds are you using and how are you playing him?

It seems like he can get shut down really easily, his long CDs are hard to manage, his damage seems low mid game, and he struggles to get ganks. I find myself constantly getting assists because Im always waiting for that Q to go off and everything else is on CD.

His charge is good for initiating but the CD prevents you from grabbing that steroid again

His aura gives him some sustain but with lowered healing on Dom, doesnt seem to offer enough healing or damage.

And his Q, while spammable doesnt seem to have the damage potential to really finish people. Especially if they build some armor/mr he seems to just fall off, even with armor pen.

Not sure how I feel about him. I think he'll find success on SR, but in Dominion he doesnt seem to really offer enough. Offer me up your early opinions, any builds youve tried that have worked, etc. Im curious about Hybrid/ AP/ and a Trinity/Tank build. I seem to have a hard time ramping up though since its very easy for other champions to pick off targets in between your Q procs, giving you a truck load of assists but not a lot of gold...

Opinions?

KevinDelMarr

04-18-2012

Just played one, carried the team (but that's irrelevant)

I just put a point in every skill to start (everything works well from getting to mid first, and aoe + life steal for the top battle). Head for mid (u should have the highest speed)

I'd suggest maxing his charge first. His Q isn't too strong straight up against champs, only used for the aoe damage around you. W can work well, but not as important as in SR. With E CD lessened you can do more damage with it and use it more, helps with picking off stragglers and for movement.

Plain boots + Prosp blade gives u good speed and damage to start. Focus on getting Merc (Ninja if really needed), followed by sheen, gives you good movement, resistance, and increased damage. Then work on building him like u normally would, ideally with tanky to maximize initiating potential. Don't forget FoN for speed w/ high MR, and preferably an armor with CDR

Needs More testing, but he does get a very strong early game and his Ult's can really mess enemies up, seeing as most of them bunch up in Dominion

JZisPro

04-19-2012

The most success I had seen one do in Dom was one that stayed in the jungle most of the time waiting for his team to initiate a fight, then with the speed shrine + his run speed buff crash into the squishies in the back and obliterate them. Only with his ultimate have I seen him initiate with a teamfight and do well.

I was playing twitch against this Hec and I was completely decimated by his speed and burst.The playstyle was almost similar to that of an assassin.

Trevorcop

04-19-2012

I haven't had a chance to play with him today, but I've made him mobile and worked throughout the jungle near the speed shrines. He excels working around being quick (especially late game).

Build idea (only played him about 10 times):

Boots of mobility
Trinity force (zeal speed boost)
Brutalizer (into a ghostblade makes more speed boost)
Force of Nature (crazy MR/health regen and speed).

Putting these together, using my e, and hitting a speed shrine gave me > 100 AD boost to initiate a 1v1 or 2v2 fight in the jungle. That's pretty nice damage.... Not to mention the boots of mobility give you insane ganking abilities for the bottom lane and nice back capping if necessary.

Ikruti

04-19-2012

I did fairly well with him in at least one of the games I played. I treated him as any other tanky DPS.

I setup ArP / HPlvl / MRlvl / MS runes, and 9-21-0 masteries, picking up the ArP, move speed and CDR.

I started with Prospector's Blade and boots. But I could see opening with Ruby, Sword and Boots. Anyhow, I sort went for the Boots + TF to start, with Zeal first. After that, I went for Brutalizer. Then it was all tanky items and CDR.

I did try a 0-21-9 setup, to get both move speeds, and the buff to the speed shrine, but it felt like he lost a lot of punch doing that and while you could move fast, the damage output was low enough that they didn't seem to really care that you could keep up with them.

KaptKirk51

04-19-2012

I have been doing extremely well with him in Dominion these past two days. Like an above poster said the jungle is your best friend. Wait till your team initiates then charge in and focus down the squishys like there is no tomorrow. I would not initiate with you ult, personally I save it till they are trying to push into my team or start to run away, either way it secures kills or changes the team fight in you favor.

I run standard 21/0/9 AD carry masteries, flat armor pen marks, health/level seals, flat CD glyphs, and flat health quints. (this is just my standard AD setup, but still works very well with him)

Prospectors blade and boots to start
boots of swiftness and sheen* next
then zeal -> trinity force*
*once you get sheen you need to max your damage by Q right after an autoattack then you will autoattack right again with a sheen/TF proc because it resets the timer....by the time ur Q is up again rinse and repeat

another zeal comes next
then brutalizer ->ghostblade
finally finish zeal into a phantom dancer and you will be dominating

If the game is still going at this point I usually build a item to counter whoever is giving me the most trouble (i.e. force of nature - magic, thornmail or sunfire cape- AD auto attack/AD caster)

This is "somewhat" of a glass cannon build why it works best if you hang out in jungle, and if you have a true tank on your team.

I put one point in each skill, then level Q>W>E with a point in his ult whenever I can. My reasoning behind this is mainly because of E's long CD it is really only useful as an escape or initiating spell. I do more damage and survive longer by leveing up Q for damage and W for extra sustain.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

he seems actually kind of OP with any trinity-tanky or trinity-movespeed build

i lost a straight up 1v1 fight as trinity/lifesteal poppy vs a trinity/dps hecarim