Best Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatMii

04-17-2012

I'll put in my thoughts for the junglers I've jungled before.

Alistar-Slow at jungling but incredible ganks. Requires a ton of mana making it hard to sustain in the jungle. Not item dependent. Overall Alistar is fun jungler but you really have to get successful ganks off to keep up.

Dr. Mundo-Fast at jungling but has terrible sustain pre-6. Might need some protection early levels because of the bad sustain. Mundo is not one of the best choice for jungling in lower level play because of his vulnerability in the jungle and poor ganks. He is more suited for passive games.

Lee Sin-Great at ganking, invading and jungles at a moderate speed. He is also extremely good at camping and babysitting a lane because of his great jungle sustain. Lee Sin falls off late game though.

Malphite-Another slow jungler but picks up pace. His ganks are pretty good with his ult but you have to wait for it to come off cooldown for another good gank. Has mana problems.

Skarner-Fast at jungling and good at invading. His ganks are pretty good with his ultimate. Overall Skarner is good at almost everything related to jungling. He doesn't have a major mana problem. Skarner is also sustained in the jungle

Trundle-Moderate jungle speed because no aoe spells. May have some mana problems because you are constantly spamming your q. His ganks are good. He is also incredibly sustained. He can invade pretty well too because of his amazing slow and movement speed buffs with his W and E.

Udyr-Fast jungler and sustained with blue buff. May have some mana problems early levels. He is also incredibly fast and easy to play. His ganks are not as good as champs like Skarner and Trundle but he makes it up by having amazing invading and jungling speed. His DPS mid game is so good that he can 1v1 almost any champion.

I would not recommend you trying junglers who have poor sustain or speed yet because you are only lv 15. Jungling is not that efficient at lv 15 anyways so I would recommend you staying away from jungling until you are at least lv 20 when you can get tier 3 runes. I know that because I use to jungle lee sin ever since I got him at lv 13 and I was never able to jungle effectively until I was almost lv 30. Just something to keep in mind.

Queen Sejuani

04-17-2012

Imo Lee sin is the ultimate jungler, but you always have to pick according to your comp and the enemy comp

Lee is a great overall pick. He can make lanes snowball really hard, can invade and duel most enemy junglers and has a decent clearing time. He also anti carries pretty well late game imo

For tanks/initiators, Maokai is pretty strong, Malphite is also really good if the enemy team is heavily AD. Malphite can also fend himself off against enemy junglers. Sejuani is also really good but gets counter jungld easily, Same goes to Amumu. Jarvan is a pretty awesome jungler aswell, that transitions into an initiator.

Udyr and Skarner are also really good picks, aswell as Nocturne.

I would say, if you would want to learn how to jungle, start with Jarvan.

Also don't play Shaco, against good teams he is trash, and if he doesn't get kills early he is a pushover late game.

VanAkuma

04-17-2012

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/jungle...st-hecarim-era
STonewall008 does extensive testing with ALL viable and non viable jungle champs and show them on a chart regarding their ganking potential, clear time, sustain, etc. VERY VERY helpful and very accurate

YourMummu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

SKARNER!

Let enemy push the lane --> Gank --> SURPRISE FLASH from the bush --> ult enemy and bring them to tower --> (optional) exhaust --> get a kill or he'll end us losing 3/4 of is hp and need to go base.

Asazen

04-18-2012

Anyone can Jungle Really if given a good enough leash and gets the right items. I have jungled with Katarina, Ezreal and Ahri and all work well. But yes the best junglers are the ones that have good base speed, udyr, shyvana, and champions that have speed up abilites/teleporting ones, Shaco, shvy, udyr, ezreal and such. But even supports can jungle and can gank faily well. But overall, I think shyv is the best, or alistar.

Xyn0s

04-18-2012

Lee Sin is in god tier according to Stonewall. And he's Lee Sin, the blind monk... Nuff said

mother bird

04-24-2012

No one has said GP?

gp's ganks are virtually non-existent 1-->6 but once you have that ult the tides change. If your lanes are even half competent you can rush through the jungle to lvl 6 in 6:45-7:30 (with proper runes), then start ganking hard or continue to farm while you help your lanes globally.

O did I mention its GP... hes a boss, tanky and crity.

(not saying hes the best just fun when he fits in your lineup)

TheHawtPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

wwaahhhh. no luv for lee sin anymore

Scary

04-24-2012

Nocturne.

Soda Muffin

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixilli View Post
Remember ganking and buff and epic monster control is the jungler's top responsibilties.
This, but in reverse order.