Lee Sin's skill order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

04-14-2012

What is it, exactly? I've always maxed Q last and used it for mainly a gap-closer, maxing E first and W second (or E first if i'm having trouble surviving), but I hear that a lot of people max Q first then who knows what afterwards. What do?

EDIT: @ Sam, we had a big discussion about this, but I'd like to get some other people's thoughts in on it as well.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

04-14-2012

I've always maxed Q first, your AoE is more for your passive and farming more then anything, followed by the sheild due to how high the life steal on its 2nd part gets later on (as much as an extra blood thirster i belive) not to mention everything else that scales on it then the AoE.

Edit: forgot to mention why Q first, this is due to the fact its your main damage spell, it does far more then any besides your R.

Yefo

04-14-2012

If jungling, I pretty much always max q last. However, I feel each of Lee's skills are useful in the right situation and you really shouldn't have one order that you "always use no matter what"

For example, when jungling, at level 3, I have one point in w e q (in that order usually). Upon hitting level 4, my next skill really depends on a few things. If I'm low on health/pots but would like to get another jungle camp, I take w. If I'm about to gank somebody and they have lots of means of escaping, I take e. If I'm about to gank somebody and my teammate in lane has cc and the person I'm ganking has little to no escapes, I take q for extra damage.

However, I should say again I rarely level q when in the jungle. E kills jungle creeps faster and is generally better for coordinated ganking, and W keeps you at higher health. However, I usually level a combination of e and q when in lane.

In general though, I usually max e first in most situations, especially vs a highly physical team. 60% slow/AS debuff is just too strong.

Th3 Herbalist

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
If jungling, I pretty much always max q last. However, I feel each of Lee's skills are useful in the right situation and you really shouldn't have one order that you "always use no matter what"

For example, when jungling, at level 3, I have one point in w e q (in that order usually). Upon hitting level 4, my next skill really depends on a few things. If I'm low on health/pots but would like to get another jungle camp, I take w. If I'm about to gank somebody and they have lots of means of escaping, I take e. If I'm about to gank somebody and my teammate in lane has cc and the person I'm ganking has little to no escapes, I take q for extra damage.

However, I should say again I rarely level q when in the jungle. E kills jungle creeps faster and is generally better for coordinated ganking, and W keeps you at higher health. However, I usually level a combination of e and q when in lane.

In general though, I usually max e first in most situations, especially vs a highly physical team. 60% slow/AS debuff is just too strong.
Your line of thought pretty much sums up how I play him. Good to know I'm not the only one, haha. I can see why people max Q in the lane because of the ridiculous amounts of burst, but I still think the slow/debuff is worth maxing first (especially against other ADs, which is what top lane 3s is all about anyway). I guess in the lane though it's just as situational as in the jungle - just different situations.

Dig15times

04-14-2012

I always max R, Q, W, E. In that order. Q-W combo is great for harass for laning, and can save you if you can use it right. I really only use E if going for the kill and I need the slow. R is a no-brainer. I'm not a perfect Lee Sin player, but I like to think I'm in the top 30%. Hope this helps.

Note: I don't jungle with Lee.

Fun Tip for Lee Sin players: You can use Q on dragon or W to a ward over the wall (which is why I get wriggle's) to escape ganks.

ěrder 66

04-14-2012

Depends on a couple things. On 3s take lee sin top, I always start with my Q, and I play very aggressively ass Lee Sin. If for some reason I didn't get first blood already, and I am getting harassed a bit, I'll level up some W for the sustain. But always with R/Q the priority for the damage per missing health. Always try to save the Q to catch them running away, or even if you do hit them within range, try to get the two auto attacks on them. Any damage you can get will strengthen the Q. I love finishing people off with a Q > R > Q combo. Be easy, stay safe.

ěrder 66

04-14-2012

Go top as Lee Sin, farm lane, farm jungle, kill everything.
Get extra W if you need to sustain in lane from harass, otherwise I am maxing R/Q.
The extra damage on the Q from leveling it up will really scare your opponent. I always grab it first, and 8/10 times I grab FB, or kill my enemy laner. Harass the enemy at lvl 1, get the Q on him when he gets about half, attack him 1 or 2 more times then Q him to death.

edit: hmm didnt think my other post went through....