Please fix matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wurkt

04-13-2012

I'm so sick and tired of having games ruined by complete *******. this game is a nightmare to play most of the time because people are so unbelievably stupid it blows my mind. they die 5 times in 10 minutes, refuse to cooperate, farm when they should fight, fight when they should farm.

I want to keep spending money on this game, but i just don't know how much longer i can take this. we can send people to the moon, but you noobs at riot can't figure out how to make a matchmaking system that doesn't drag everyone down with the people who probably should never even touch a computer.

this game is a great game, but the community is utterly broken, most of the time people are so terrible its not fun. there is such a massive separation in skill level that everyone thinks they are pro, because "i had a game where i did x as champion y and rolled everyone."

FIX THIS ****!

Gezomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

what game ever has had a perfect matchmaking system? im not saying this 1 is good, just most games that do matchmaking, have the same problem

Narroth

04-14-2012

I agree with Gezomo. Just a suggestion but if you find yourself in a position like this constantly, try either Draft Pick (as people tend to take it more seriously, thus a greater majority of better players) or even Ranked if you believe yourself to be better than the average person.

Wurkt

04-14-2012

All matchmaking is bad. Elo was created to create competitive matches between chess players, it doesn't work for team games.

The matchmaking would work better if it just formed random teams and didn't try to balance the teams based on win/losses ect. when you try to start a game, it should find people within 10 rating, then if more players are needed, find them withing 20 so on and so forth. once 10 players are found, use rng to randomly put them on teams and problem solved.

or if you die 5 times in 15 minutes and your team looses, you should loose full rating while everyone else on your team only looses half. that would push the baddies lower and lower until the demons of lol are all in elo hell together while the rest of us can enjoy the game as it was meant to be played.

Wurkt

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narroth View Post
I agree with Gezomo. Just a suggestion but if you find yourself in a position like this constantly, try either Draft Pick (as people tend to take it more seriously, thus a greater majority of better players) or even Ranked if you believe yourself to be better than the average person.
i generally only play ranked, that is where the problem is.

DoctorL

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurkt View Post
All matchmaking is bad. Elo was created to create competitive matches between chess players, it doesn't work for team games.

The matchmaking would work better if it just formed random teams and didn't try to balance the teams based on win/losses ect. when you try to start a game, it should find people within 10 rating, then if more players are needed, find them withing 20 so on and so forth. once 10 players are found, use rng to randomly put them on teams and problem solved.

or if you die 5 times in 15 minutes and your team looses, you should loose full rating while everyone else on your team only looses half. that would push the baddies lower and lower until the demons of lol are all in elo hell together while the rest of us can enjoy the game as it was meant to be played.
I completely agree! That is excatly the whay it should be. At lvl 30 it should only be possible to team up with other lvl 30

Zoctar

06-02-2012

I have made countless threads about the Matchmaker, never changed it all

Matchmaker needs a review, or at elast if your team has a leaver or an afker, you can leave the game without any defeat or victory, but the enemy team gains the victory, this happens in dota2