[Suggestion] Appear Offline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Unit

12-16-2012

Considering the fact that this has been here for over a year, I think it's safe to say we're not getting it...

Guarantee

12-18-2012

I don't understand how you can't take your time to implement this feature, it would be great for the players to be able to chill out without having people chat and invite you all the time. I mean sure it is also our responsibility as they are on our friends list but sometimes you just want to play the game all for yourself.

p1yrmtt

01-05-2013

+1 im surprised nothings been done yet

i don't have the issue of the OP, but sometimes i want to just be by myself without people chatting/inviting me all the time.

SH4D0WS1N

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBahamut View Post
Oh you ... this wasn't actually said anywhere
Believe it or not you yourself actually said that. Your many reasons for fixing the issues for as to why offline mode is wanted (mass invite spam) says that you believe that you know what is best for everyone because you wish to apply the optimum fix instead of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBahamut View Post
lots of client refactors (which might be a little transparent), and more.
The whole thing needs rehashed btw...

Also my apologies for the double post. idk if it sends an email or notification of some sort if I post with a quote so that's why I didn't just edit it.

Thrallsman

01-11-2013

After posting I have been redirected here. Here is my explanation of it:

I've seen this on the forums before - numerous times, actually. I think it is finally time to take a stand and show that we, as a community, really want this feature. What i am talking about is the ability to appear offline to people on your friends list. Let's look at some situations where this may come in handy:

1: You are stuck between the choice of playing solo queue, doing well, and disappointing your friend, or playing with them and not going that great due to their less than at par skill. Simply telling them "I want to play by myself 'cause you suck" is not the solution we are looking for Riot! Adding the ability to appear offline would cancel this socially challenging pursuit, and would be especially relevant when these friends are real life ones too. Currently the only way to go about this is to ignore the friend, hence removing them and resulting in more awkward discussions. I am not saying that we cannot simply tell our friends that we would rather play alone, just that sometimes it would be easier to appear offline than having to explain yourself to ten friends who spam you with invites.

2: You want to avoid being spectated and judged on your performance. Whilst this seems to be a minor detail it still holds major relevance as to the way we play. Want to play Teemo top? Yes? Well you can't, because Teemo is the most hated champion in the whole game and your friends will troll you over how terrible a person you are for playing him. Want to try a new free-week champ? No, you can't, you will be judged on your K/D/A, plays, and ability - even though it is your first time. A currently proposed solution to all of this is creating a smurf. Well, sure, but what if you want to play ranked? What if you don't want to compete with new players and rather against people at your level.

Riot, we as a community are asking that you consider implementing a feature such as this. I don't want to say it, but it can't be too hard to add such a minute detail to your already complex system. Please consider our opinion, please hear our voices.

TL;DR - We as the community would like to see a feature that allows you to 'Appear Offline' to the people on your friends list.

/signed

FirstChoice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Wtf are your friends? You can't play any games without them? I never play with only the same people every time. I play with different friends and I play by myself. Seriously, you guys don't have to be attached at the hip.

TheCaptainKorea

01-19-2013

/sign

Bootstrap Bill

01-23-2013

/sign

llAdamll

01-23-2013

/signed c: Same problem sometimes I don't wanna play with some people sometimes I just like to have my league open and I start doing things and then friends start spaming me .-.

AlextheHokage

01-24-2013

/sign