Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Locked Camera Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-16-2013

I'd like to see a slide bar on the camera lock to adjust its position. Default is center, slide left or right to offset up or down. Reason being is when I am purple team bot lane, I would like to offset it while I lane. Clearly a hotkey in keybindings to default back to center would be needed as well. That way I could offset while laning and not have 1/4 of my screen blocked by interface and the default back to center when out of lane. I wish I were good like the streamers at 2k elo, but I'm not and I am sure there are a lot of others like me who feel cheated in bot lane especially

Eberebus

01-16-2013

Guys, I'm sure it'll never happen but try to imagine this.

You hold space and what you get is a top-down of the entire map, corner to corner.
It'd be absurdly low detail, but more like a full map zoomed to fit the screen rather than a mode in which to play the entire game. It would be good for getting the big picture all at once, rather than piece by piece or guessing from the minimap.

I'd at least play Ashe more, for sure.

Rowlii

01-17-2013

I personally like the guessing with map-wide ults, it's funny when you manage to snipe an enemy using an Ezreal ult from the other side of the map =P

Best Atheist NA

02-02-2013

*Sigh* Still no changes in sight for this long awaited issue? I refuse to play anything other than ARAMs anymore, because at least then, I can pick what side I want to be on when I join a custom lobby.

No more excuses, enough people hate the camera issue to instigate a fix.

Plato83

02-13-2013

Quote:
Rowlii:

I hate the unlocked camera, and after trying to play with it for a few games, it hasn't moved up much on my popularity list. I just play Co-op vs AI at the moment because if I end up getting put with the purple team I feel at a huge disadvantage to my team.

This.

I unlock my camera frequently even when I'm on blue team, but when I'm focusing on a lane or a teamfight, I *want* a locked camera. I can't tell you how much more I miss skillshots with unlocked during teamfights or god forbid lose track of my character because I'm not always in the *center* of the screen with 8 bodies around.

I want the option. It doesn't make better players to leave it as-is, and the majority *don't* play with it locked in pvp BECAUSE IT'S A DISADVANTAGE. It makes *frustrated* players who don't want to pvp, Riot.

Hey, you can even charge me 975 RP or 7200 IP to unlock the feature, okay? Just make it the next champion release. You know darn well you could if you wanted to since it's just flipping the top and bottom of the HUD and NO BIG PROGRAMMING CHANGES like changing the zoom ratio or some weird flipped map.

edit - seriously, I made a thread about this a few weeks back - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34605288&posted=1#post34605288

Scilana

02-14-2013

I will point out that this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm going to post anyway. Supposedly the unlocked camera solves this problem. I cannot play with the unlocked camera. I have tried every conceivable keymapping configuration. I have tried fiddling with the mouse sensitivity. I have tried sitting there and bearing the pain through multiple games in the hopes of managing to pick up this supposedly "must have" skill. It simply does not work for me.

The fact of the matter is that I cannot play unlocked, and as such being placed on the purple team forced me to limit my champion choices to melee only champs in order to play well. However, as a player who plays for fun, I do not find it enjoyable to be forced to play a character I don't necessarily want to play at the moment just for the sake of not doing miserably in game. That isn't fun. It's fun to be able to say that I did my best regardless of how the game goes, but I can't do that when playing purple on Summoner's Rift.

It makes me feel as if the game itself is limiting me for no reason other than "this is the default camera". I understand that the a lot of the suggestions might be difficult to code. I understand that I'm probably in the minority of people in playing with the locked camera.

The fact of the matter is that it's not fun to have to check what team I'm on to know whether or not I should consider my ranged characters. If I want to play Caitlyn, I should be able to play her without having to wait to be put on the blue team, because playing her on purple just leads to me being incapable of playing my best, or worse, feeding.

For a game with so much variety it just feels wrong to be denied the ability to actually have fun.

Plato83

02-15-2013

59 pages, 10 months for this thread alone.

Riot, please and seriously, when will this be addressed? Please (honestly) explain why this is such a huge fix/change and why your playerbase isn't allowed to feel comfortable playing a significant game type (PvP) to the base of their ability because of a UI issue.

edit - what I would appreciate is a mode/option/keybinding where you could hold spacebar and it would unlock the camera, then when you let go, it would lock your camera again

However, I'm guessing unless a pro complains one time in a whisper anonymously in a random corner of the internet, Riot won't make this a priority. At least, that's the impression I get from the feedback from the OP Red in this post, I am honestly sad to say. It's the lack of this feature and my ensuing frustration with PvP purple team games that makes me wonder why I've spent $400+ dollars on this game in about 6 months.

Plato83

02-19-2013

bump, because this should never leave the first page, even if people are just posting "+1"

Riot we want to be heard and acknowledged!

buneter

02-20-2013

not sure if its been brought up yet,
but wouldn't being allowed to move around the hud fix it because If I move my map up my skills and hp/mana to the side and keep my portrait where it is wouldn't that fix the visibility sure it would affect it in other areas,
but you get to choose what it blocks that way

BlackBeast41

02-22-2013

I find myself struggling with the camera when I'm on the purple team. I have some suggestions that I feel might help a little.

1. You could make the purple team camera angle the same as blue side. This may cause some problems with certain players if they weren't paying attention and don't know which lane is top or bot, but emphasizing which team they're on may help.

2. Changing the camera to be mirrored across the vertical axis from the blue side. fountain in the bottom right corner as opposed to the bottom left. This way top lane is still top lane, and bot lane is still bot lane. I would probably prefer this to suggestion 1 if I'm to be honest.

3. Allowing players to move their HUD around could be helpful with certain players. I for one would actually prefer to have my HUD on the top of my screen.

I think the most important thing in terms of these is that you could still implement a function for players to leave the camera and HUD as is, if they prefer it that way.