Locked Camera Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1ng Panda

11-16-2012

Why this problem is still not resolved?

I mean when i look at the older messages it's been so many months that players talk about it.

I play with the camera locked,

i CAN'T play with it unlocked,

i tried many games playing as a bot adc and i always get to the purple team and make my team loose.

So i only play top and jungle and it makes the game so boring after a while.

For me, being able to center the camera where we want using space would be the best thing to do.

I hope season 3 will make me smile a bit because at the moment i'm loosing the feeling to play days after days.

That's what i had to say.

Thx for reading if you do.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Keep trying - it took me lots of attempts at using unlocked before I finally got comfortable with it. It will happen eventually.

That said, I'm still on your side. Riot needs to provide better support for locked camera players.

DionisioAguado

11-19-2012

Hello, I did not read the entire topic since it is too long but I believe that no one explained the camera issues like I am going to do(And I did not see a response to that).

In the early game where players are laning. Blue team has a better vision even without the HUD screen. That is because of the camera angle. For you to understand what i am saying(and since English is not my native and i am not that good with explaining myself), what I need you to do is imagine a real camera on top of the Summoner's Rift.

You see this camera is not viewing the game from a 90 degree angle(I think it is called top-down view camera). I am not sure but i think it's around 70 degrees. So even without the HUD screen players have a better view to the upper right side of the map. This camera view doesn't make much of a difference at the mid game or late game. Because everyone is everywhere on these times. But at the early game Purple Team is at the upper right side of the screen. And this gives Blue Team a better view on their enemies. This gives them advantage on farming the lane, pushing the lane, killing enemies. And even if you are playing with an unlocked camera on the Purple Team if your opponent on the Blue Team uses unlocked camera too he/she still has a better view than you.

The only solution I can come up about this problem is making an optional secondary camera. This camera should be at exact same angle with the original camera. The only difference is this camera should be on top of the map(imagine real cameras again and think original camera is at the bottom of the map). This will make laning a lot more easier for the Purple Team. And that gives us only one small problem. That problem is the lane names. Bottom lane for Blue Team will be top lane for Purple. But that's a very small problem and it doesn't even need a solution. Purple Team will go solo bot and ad carry will go top with the support.

Long story short: Give Purple Team the exact view that Blue Team has.

PS: Sorry if I used so many unneccesary words, sentences and treat you guys like you can't understand anything. But I really needed to explain myself perfectly. And like I said English is not my native language. I almost stopped playing League of Legends just because of this problem. I don't know why is this bothering me so much but it really needs to be fixed.

mcktrtl

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionisioAguado View Post
Hello, I did not read the entire topic since it is too long but I believe that no one explained the camera issues like I am going to do(And I did not see a response to that).
Next time consider reading the entire topic, or at least the riot posts. This has been brought up countless, countless times including several posts by riot as to why it is how it is and why changing the camera angle (or adding a second one) is not going to happen.

This entire thread is really depressing. Almost 70 riot posts in it and most of them are in response to incessant demands of something they've already explained won't happen along with very detailed responses why, and people continue to make new replies asking for the same thing as if it's the first idea ever.

boourns

UI Designer

11-21-2012
70 of 82 Riot Posts

^ ... I <3 you :`(

Please read at least the first post in this thread... it summarizes a lot of stuff that people often ask about. Posts that add something new to the discussion are appreciated much more!

Hawkingbird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what do you think of a "semi-locked' camera? That is, your champion is allowed to go halfway to the edge of the screen before the camera starts moving. So your champ will be locked into a central part of the screen but not directly to the center. One of the things I found most difficult about free camera (I forced myself to learn it from about level 15 and now can't go back to locked) was that the camera would move too far away from my champion, and this would help that.

Another thing you could do is have some kind of obvious indicator of where your champ is on the screen. God knows how many times I've made mistakes thinking that another character was mine.

Amariithynar

11-21-2012

Boourns, are we ever going to get back the zoom we had before the camera changes at the very least? the whole game just feels cramped and shoved into the ground, comparatively ;_; I just want to zoom out a little more so it feels more natural, not so I can see the whole map or something silly like that >.<

BisquickBroccoli

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelante View Post
Next time consider reading the entire topic, or at least the riot posts. This has been brought up countless, countless times including several posts by riot as to why it is how it is and why changing the camera angle (or adding a second one) is not going to happen.

This entire thread is really depressing. Almost 70 riot posts in it and most of them are in response to incessant demands of something they've already explained won't happen along with very detailed responses why, and people continue to make new replies asking for the same thing as if it's the first idea ever.

Yes we have heard all the ideas now its about time for the solution. Soon (TM).

boourns

UI Designer

11-23-2012
71 of 82 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
Boourns, are we ever going to get back the zoom we had before the camera changes at the very least? the whole game just feels cramped and shoved into the ground, comparatively ;_; I just want to zoom out a little more so it feels more natural, not so I can see the whole map or something silly like that >.<
The zoom has not changed... and zileas has posted in the past on why the zoom level is set at the level it is. There's a link in one of my posts here I believe.

boourns

UI Designer

11-23-2012
72 of 82 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what do you think of a "semi-locked' camera? That is, your champion is allowed to go halfway to the edge of the screen before the camera starts moving. So your champ will be locked into a central part of the screen but not directly to the center. One of the things I found most difficult about free camera (I forced myself to learn it from about level 15 and now can't go back to locked) was that the camera would move too far away from my champion, and this would help that.

Another thing you could do is have some kind of obvious indicator of where your champ is on the screen. God knows how many times I've made mistakes thinking that another character was mine.
... please see the post immediately above yours??? If you look at the OP you will see that it's been discussed extensively.