Can we please get the option to mute pings?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revalotta

04-23-2013

PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

So youíve had a great game as a AD or AP carry. Youíve grown to the point where you can effectively poke at the enemy team and harass them at will without any real ability for them to fight back without dying. Youíre a skilled player that can land your abilities with ease. Meanwhile, the enemy is left to shiver in your wake.

But just when you approach a low enemy team, when every movement counts, you hear the noise that screws up everything.

It is your clueless ally, homedawgjoe, the 0-7 Nunu blasting you with the annoying retreat ping. You look to your minimap to see if there is any threat oncoming, the annoying sound and yellow glare like a family member sneaking behind you and throwing their hands over your eyes. It completely throws off your focus. At a time in the game when a pentakilled is in sight and your skills are the most tested, this annoying ping screws up everything. You miss your skillshot, the entire team jumps upon you, and you die because one of your teammates slammed you with repeated blasts of the most annoying sound in League of Legends.

Why on Earth is there not any way to mute this? Iím constantly paired up with other players who throw games and make things rough on me because they want to play armchair strategist with the team and yell and ping at everyone whom arenít doing what they want. Usually I can just mute these annoying folks and get their Ďopinioní out of my chat channel. However, I canít do a thing about their pings. And it is the most annoying thing in the world when theyíre the first to die in a TF and instantly my team assaulted by their retreat pings over and over again, throwing off the entire fluidity of a teamfight and making life rough. I canít shut it off. Iím forced to listen to this annoying sham sound off over and over again when Iím trying to listen to what spells are going off and what their team is doing. And then I die, the team loses the game, and there is nothing I can do about it.

In short, is there a way to shut this thing up? If not, is there a way to shut off ALL pings during a game? Thereís no reason why you shouldnít be able to mute specific peopleís pings as well as their chat.

Signed,
Revshawn

PS: It made me miss my game-winning skillshots as Ahri. I had gone 17-5 and ended up missing a triple kill and dying.

Mars Adept

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Riot Pls x a billion

Night Mayor

04-29-2013

I've never been able to mute an ally's chat. Help

Revalotta

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Mayor View Post
I've never been able to mute an ally's chat. Help
Muting a chat is easy. Just hold tab, click on their sound icons, and then they are muted.

Arth Vex

05-27-2013

Muting a player does not mute his/her pings any more. Strange decision Riot made when they released their "spam ping block code" patch.

FinalForce

06-23-2013

Seriously Riot, i judge you for taking that out of the game, i lost 300 rankeds on euw, and at least 40 of them due to so called "*******" pinging like that, please, i beg you sincerally from my heart, I BEG YOU to get us back the option to mute pings, it DESTROYS LIVES AND GAMES D: PLEAAAAAAASE!

The Devil God

06-29-2013

agreed, players should be able to selectively mute other player's pings.
Reasons:
-One you already show the ping on the mini map and on screen
-People abuse the ping and it is super annoying.
-Disable pinging of the little pow w/e they are called things in aram, or at least show who is doing it so we can report them

Momenslythe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2013

Please no. Just ask people only to ping when needed. Perhaps you could decrease the volume of concurrent pings. If you can mute pings, people will miss all sorts of mias and such and make it much harder to communicate in ranked.

Camphene

07-09-2013

There's no way to turn down the volume of pings without negatively impacting other important aspects of the game. This feature is necessary.

Fargo79

07-30-2013

ya this is retarded.. I mute a player cause he is pinging all over the map... and it didn't do anything... I reported him for spamming but in the chat log it only shows us telling him to stop... no actual proof of him spamming... I hope they fix this ****..