New Key Binding: Player Move Only Click

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fxyjrntsom

02-06-2013

Currently, there is a key binding named "Player Move Click", assigned by default to "Mouse Button 2 (right click)". If you right click on the screen, your champion normally attempts to move to that location, but if you right click on an enemy, your champion attempts to attack that enemy.

I suggest a new key binding, "Player Move Only Click", that tells your champion to move to the location of your click, whether or not an enemy is present. This option would be very helpful, for example, during teamfights that happen near minions. This key should be unbound by default.

Bees

03-22-2013

I would use this. It would help moving among minions without accidentally stopping and attacking them instead (especially important when dodging skill shots with a ranged character).

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2013

riot pls

Two functions for one button is not intuitive, no matter how you look at it.

At the moment, there is no command to close distance to a target. You must instead:

- Pick a point beyond what you're trying to get close to
- Memorize its hit box, and your champions
- Watch carefully
- Stop when your hit boxes collide.

Right now, kiting on melee is really obnoxious, and hard for new players to get into.

Major Gunning

07-17-2013

Yah I would love this. It would reduce the amount of miss clicks, for sure.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Bamp.

More and more of us are switching to Left Click -> Attack, Right Click -> Move. It makes way more sense, since we know what action our champion is going to make independent of what's beneath our cursor. It should have been this way all along. Your actions being determined by what button is pushed, not under what (sometimes) unpredictable conditions are occurring.

Especially in a game with constant sudden disappearance of the thing you click most via brush stealth, it's quite jarring to have life / death scenario be dependent on whether you can accurate predict where the boundary of the brush is located, factored in by predicting the opponent's movements, compounded by reaction times and latency.

SO much simpler to have just move on its own input.

Conchobear

03-07-2014

Necro because we need this. Why isn't this a thing?

DeeezNutz

06-08-2014

necro again. When I used to play it a few months ago, I could just right click to move around and left click to attack. Why isn't it still the same? Much simpler than "attack move click" "move only click" "player move click" and all that BS.

Wormadam

2 Weeks Ago

The "`" hey next the the 1 key at top left/ on top of tab key does this. Hold down the "`" key and press right click and your champion won't attack and will walk there only