Questions in Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levathon

08-09-2010

I have finally gathered enough IP to buy Kennen But before i do, I have some questions about him...

Does he mark the 'mark of the storm' using his normal attack?
The guides tell me to get electrical surge first, but I don't see the point if you won't get the mark of the storm to begin with D:

I played this character once, but I did not see anything, or maybe i wasn't paying attention :P

Oh, and if you aren't level 30 yet.. is it worth getting the early game runes?
I heard that 2nd level runes aren't really important but....I don't know... :/

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Electrical Surge has a passive that lets Kennen apply a Mark of the Storm every once in a while. The skill itself can also be activated to slap a single Mark of the Storm to all targets he touches.

If you can apply three Marks of the Storm on a single target, it will become stunned for a second and lose all Marks. Enemies that have at least one Mark of the Storm will have a graphical animation above their head depicting three orbs, with a number of them lit up depending on how many Marks they have.

About the T2 runes... they're kind of expensive, and they aren't the best runes anyways, so why waste IP on them? Especially since T3 runes can break your bank. I won't stop you from buying runes, but consider the fact that T1 runes have 58% of the stat benefits of T3 runes, while T1 runes have only 8% of the cost of T3 runes.

Levathon

08-09-2010

So his basic attack would SOMETIMES put a mark of the storm on a character? o__O

Meh, then Its better to buy T1 runes? :P

Captain Taco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Mark of the Storm is applied with every 5 attacks once you get electrical surge. I've been playing an AS Kennen recently and it's really worked out in my favour.

Honestly, I don't think he's worth the IP. I bought him because I fell in love with him on free week. Now that I'm a couple levels higher, and all I see are Shaco/Heimer in every god**** game, I feel cheated.

edit: Grabbing T1 runes is something I did, and it seems to work out especially in early game.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Okay first things first, whenever Kennen deals damage with a spell he adds a "Mark of the Storm" to the afflicted.

With "Electrical Surge" it gives kennen a passive that on Kennen's 5th attack it deals some additional damage (percentage of attack damage) and applies a "Mark of the Storm" (think of the passive kinda like twisted fates stacked deck ability)

The active of electrical surge is that any enemy that has 1-2 "Mark of the Storm(s)" will get hit for damage and more based on an ability power ratio.

When any unit accumulates 3 marks of the storm they are stunned temporarily and Kennen gets 25 energy refunded.

To get the passive apply "Marks of the Storm" on every 5th auto attack you MUST have at least 1 level of electrical surge, which is why people recommend it early.

Another important note about his ult "Slicing Malestrom" that it will only apply 1 "Mark of the Storm" to each person it hits, meaning if a second bolt hits a unit a second "Mark of the Storm" will NOT be applied, this is to prevent stun-locking a person continuously in your ult.

Personally I love thundering shuriken (skill shot q ability), great poking/harass tool that can be spammed easily, but level 1 I would suggest "Electrical Surge." The reason is having that threat of auto attack for bonus damage and then following up with the active for a quick burst of damage. Also the psychological effect of "oh ****, if I get hit with another I'll be stunned, and that could kill me" is amazing even though you wont be able to chain it normally to get the stun.

Overall I love the idea of the champ, and he provides a lot of cc toward the team.

I would say save for level 3 runes and don't buy level 2 runes. I made that mistake and I still have a lot of IP to go to get good runes.

Remember to build kennen, the way you think would help your team best good luck.

Link to all ability power ratios by Motas (in case you are looking at an AP/hybrid build):
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=15812

xpsychedelico

08-09-2010

Kennen's really hard to master and play because he's squishy but his spells require him to be in the middle of the battle. Because of this reason he's very lackluster in high level play. He is VERY fun to play, though.

I always max Q first, and harass with W when I hit someone with Q. At level 5, Q does a lot of damage and has a very low cooldown, making it very spammable, somewhat like Ezreal's mystic shot. I prefer a hybrid build of AP and AS, for optimal CC.

Like others have been saying, if you can't buy T3 runes, buy T1. Although really, I played without getting runes until I could get T3s, and it worked out well. Runes help, but they're not game winners. I wouldn't worry too much about it.