Treeline's community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Is it just me or are there a lot more huge dbags in TT than there are in SR or Dom? I gave up on SR pretty quickly and have burned out on Dominion, so I figured I'd give Treeline a shot since I really like the structure of it. I've been doing relatively well, but most of my games have been pretty negative experiences so far. I always seem to have at least one teammate who rages constantly even when things are going well. Have I just had a short run of bad luck with teammates, or is this pretty much what I should expect from the majority of my solo queue experience?

Zezockary

04-13-2012

Honestly, I have noticed it too, sooooooooo many more ragers, feeders, leavers, afker's, and overall negative influences in TT than on SR and CS.

Meshly

04-13-2012

I would say every time I go on CS I get some of the most overly competitive jerks, but not TT. Sure it happens on TT, but I think it's becuase there is more pressure with only 3 people.

SillyG0000se

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

The problem with TT is people don't understand ward control and feel really safe roaming when ahead in TT causing many teamfights to become 2v3's causing one team player to be singled out. But I do not see much feeding on TT, more ragequitting or sitting in fountain and bagging on teammates. A lot of people get so ragemode just after first gank because they feel TT can snowball too easily. And many a times, these teams ahead will make stupid mistakes and cost themselves a win which is much mroe stressful than a predicted loss. I do not get why so many players don't stick to defensive play when they are ahead in kills, but because of fountain being so close to inhibitors you can drag out a game forever by the weaker team turtling which is really frustrating.

Coola

04-14-2012

Play 3s with people you want to play with that you know. It makes your teamwork and experience better in Twisted Treeline.

ImChumpJohn

04-14-2012

If you are looking for a friendly 3v3 community and people to play with, check out http://twistedtreeline.enjin.com/

Additionally, join the "3v3" chat channel in game

Knight of Wolves

04-14-2012

I dunno. I usually get very good teams, even if I'm paired with people who don't understand English nor I their native language. I find it a lot easier for teamwork.

Birthday Deluxe

04-14-2012

I was mostly talking about people's attitude, as opposed to how good or bad they are, though I've noticed that a lot of my team mates seem as if they barely understand how to play - they CS poorly and push too hard, don't ward, focus too much on harassing (or not enough, if the lane is easy to win), and chase too frequently or for too long. This happens just as often in SR, though, so I just kind of tune it out and try to focus on playing well. It does seem weird to me when I see someone with 500+ games who does all this, though. How can someone have that many games and still basically have no idea how to play? Again, pretty off topic, since this also happens in SR and Dom (a huge percentage of Dom's playerbase has no idea how they're supposed to play the mode). It's mostly just that Treeline players have, so far, seemed exceptionally negative to me and I wanted to see if this was the norm.

It does bother me that nobody seems to jungle, since it seems way better than having two people try to share a lane. Is it just that there's a lack of good instructional material, or is jungling not as good as it seems?

I guess it makes sense that people would feel more pressure and act in accordance with that.

Sterling Malory

04-14-2012

A lot of people who like to try out new champions play 3s because it's faster and to them it's much less consequential to do badly since they don't care. Many players also become frustrated in TT because they didn't do well in 5s so they started playing 3s not realizing it's a different game totally - they have a mindset of "there's less people so i don't have to care as much, it's so much easier", which is completely wrong and they rage when they figure that out.

lirm

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
I was mostly talking about people's attitude, as opposed to how good or bad they are, though I've noticed that a lot of my team mates seem as if they barely understand how to play - they CS poorly and push too hard, don't ward, focus too much on harassing (or not enough, if the lane is easy to win), and chase too frequently or for too long. This happens just as often in SR, though, so I just kind of tune it out and try to focus on playing well. It does seem weird to me when I see someone with 500+ games who does all this, though. How can someone have that many games and still basically have no idea how to play? Again, pretty off topic, since this also happens in SR and Dom (a huge percentage of Dom's playerbase has no idea how they're supposed to play the mode). It's mostly just that Treeline players have, so far, seemed exceptionally negative to me and I wanted to see if this was the norm.

It does bother me that nobody seems to jungle, since it seems way better than having two people try to share a lane. Is it just that there's a lack of good instructional material, or is jungling not as good as it seems?

I guess it makes sense that people would feel more pressure and act in accordance with that.
If you've only started noticing this over the last two days; welcome to the weekend. When all the hur dur dur's finish work and feel like relaxing over a game of lol.