How do you counter Wukong solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paul Walker Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Beefy sustain is his only true deterrent in lane.

Bossob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVert View Post
I tried that, sure you can Ripost his Q but he gets smarter and AA's first then Q
You can tell if Wukong Q's, seeing as his staff grows bigger. So, if you're fast enough, you can counter that. Of course, this is pretty **** difficult so if you can't do this, trying noticing a pattern in when he uses Q and try to predict it.

Blugyblug

04-13-2012

Nasus after you get chain vest and sheen.

You don't counter him but you can survive his burst and farm = gg

LieutenantGoogle

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVert View Post
I tried that, sure you can Ripost his Q but he gets smarter and AA's first then Q
Then just duel him out with your burst of speed, you'll generally win the 3 seconds exchange even with this nimbus strike boost.
If he stealths then you can easily catch up with your second lunge if you already used one during the exchange.

starting with cloth/5 and armor rune yellow usually already puts you at an advantage.

the mana consumption for the two is about the same so it boils down to who has the better sustain which wukong usually loses in or who can outplay the other.

the only problem is if he completely snowballs out of control in the early game were even your burst of speed won't help you win the battle during the burst of speed duration.

xVittoriox

Recruiter

04-13-2012

Well what usually counters me top when I use Wukong, is Mordekaiser....he's ridiculous to lane against.

Kirito3689

04-13-2012

An agressive Morde is anoying as a Wukong player, but the champ who annoys me the most up top is Malphite. His passive eats my crushing blow early and he can harass me all day if I dont play defensive.

Nimrook

04-13-2012

Malphite stomps him pretty well.

Anguo

04-13-2012

Beef. and Yorick is a nightmare. That or just hit harder and make him hesitate to go after you. If you show that you are passive chances are the monkey will just keep harassing you

IS1d5b61a8733e170555aa6

04-13-2012

Quote:
Armor
30% free armor reduction

PrinceVert

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzled View Post
30% free armor reduction
This monkey has everything