Am I playing Ashe good enough?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narken

10-24-2009

I always start with 2 x Philosopher's Stone.
Why you ask... for the quick money and mana/hp gain. Later on I can keep spamming volly without any mana problems + I can keep alive longer in fights due to the health regain. And did I say more GOLD hehe

Also I can easily solo lane against 2 heroes this way.

Then boots with AS, 1 Lifesteal item and rest damage items depending on what other team has.

While I might not be the super ganker first part of game it will surely turn once the money starts rolling in.

This build always works wonders for me.

teemh

10-24-2009

"well enough"

StormCrow

10-24-2009

anyone wanna try my suicidal build?2 infinity edges,1 trinity force,2 bloodthirsters and a warmog^^

it's like we use get some boots first and a few pots.Pump up PB asap and combine this with volley to harass and last hit.Anyways stay at the line until you get 4k+ to get your first IE,then get the BT,repeat the two items and by this time,earning is waaay easy.Then just get the TF and WM=)

Of course this build is not really tested for real gameplay though,just something i wanted to try in a 5v5 bot game.Though i still died when facing the 13k epic monster.Anyone got any idea how to kill it solo-ed?

RyuuKitten

10-24-2009

PB is a waste. Even if you magically got level 5 before killing a single creep, killing 300 creeps with level 5 of it only nets you an extra 1500 gold.. which.. gets you part of a black cleaver, or something.

But that number is grossly exaggerated and you won't ever get near that many with level 5 PB.

RC SkillShots

10-24-2009

getting that BF sword early on increases income generation exponentially.

RyuuKitten

10-24-2009

The problem is you don't get it "early on" you aren't going to kill 300 creeps "early on" so you don't really get it that much faster then if you had instead leveled volley, which will probably net you more gold AND it lets you harass while last hitting.

PB is a waste and the only reason I put points into it is because I have to after Frost Shot, Volley and the Ult are maxed.

h4rdcor3

10-24-2009

first off, getting PB is a waste. like Ryuujinx said it doesn't get enough gold to actually do anything. 200 creep kills is a lot in an 40 min game, unless you just lane and are worthless to your team. at level 5 that is 1000 gold. Take into account leveling and you are looking at ~600 gold. With volley and frost shot you can harass much easier and push them back to their tower and make them go back to heal. effectively denying both gold and exp, which is much better than a few gold early game. Yes you have to play smarter because you don't have a constant health regen, but it is better.

Getting a phil stone is risky. it takes 18 min to make back your gold if you sell it. 38 min for the stone to break even without selling. Getting 2 is just stupid. Waste of so much gold for a small bit of health and mana regen.

A miki pendant isn't a bad starting item for the mana regen that helps with your volley spam and can be made into a Chalice for some decent MR.

My first item really depends on who I am playing with and who I am playing against. I have a friend that plays soraka so mana and health aren't an issue. Then I go for my boots first and then work on damage, usually a cleaver.

I just played a gaime against a malphite, cho'gath, warwick, Tryndamere, and yi. Thats a lot of health so I rushed a bloodrazer. Because of the bloodrazer i then went for more attack speed than straight damage to take advantate of the bloodrazer unique buff. A last whisperer gave me both attack speed and a little damage plus another nice buff in the armor pen.

What I'm trying to get at is having a set build is not a good idea. You need to adapt to who you are playing with and against and make decisions based on that. Saying that, there are some very common misconceptions on what should be taken first or what is a good item to be taking first. Finally, knowing when to back out is the best skill to learn with a paticular champion. Porting back may set you back but dying hurts your team even more.

RyuuKitten

10-24-2009

When I play ashe I always get a regrowth pendant, I only use volley early on when it will either

a) Last hit a minion+ Harass them
b) Last hit 2+ Minions
c) Kill them

If I'm not having to run away or anything, I'll rush Black Cleaver, if I am I get one of three things:

a) Berseker Greaves: When you just wanna kill stuff and the other team is pretty bad.
b) Boots of Swiftness: These+frost Shot=no escape
c) mercury Treads: Rarely, only if they have a crapload of AP things or a lot of snares and such.

After boots I always get Cleaver. At that point I see "Do I need more survability", if I outlevel them all a good bit, and they aren't really focusing me, I'll work on Infinity edge. If they do I'll either work on Banshee's Veil, or Frozen mallet.

Usually the game is over by this point, I'll end up most games with Pendant/Boots/Cleaver/Ifninity Edge

If it keeps dragging on, I build the one I didn't (Edge or Veil), then if it's STILL going I dunno. Phantom dancer or something.

Meliphira

11-02-2009

I've been playing Ashe a bit lately (think I finally found my hero too! ECA on a fleeing <300 hp enemy is full of lulz) and I go with this build:

V and FA till both are maxed
PB after V is maxed
ECA when I can

I group with the same guy, so having V and a good FA helps us get kills early on. That, and like I said, I love to shoot ECA on an enemy who thinks he's gotten away :P I get all my early kills like that

My item build is:
Meki -> Chalice first off, I like the mana regen, and I fire Volley like a madman (I use clarity too, I'm a huge mana *****)
Boots -> Boots of swiftness. These boots save my life. I can run to an enemy, set him up for a gank with my friend, or I can get away from almost anybody (Save for people like Kassadin)
B.F. sword if i've got kills/Pickaxe if I don't -> infinity Edge. Crit rating, better crits, and damage, do i really need to justify that one? This thing is DELICIOUS!
recurve bow ->Last Whisper. By now i've got money flowing in, I can either afford the Recurve bow to turn into last whisper, or get LW itself

Depending on how the game goes, my last two items may vary.

Madred's Bloodrazor is my usual 5th choice, since I seem to always go up against tanks, and I love the attack speed it gives.
Wit's End if i'm fighting an all caster group.
A health item like Frozen Mallet, or something that gives me a nice health boost, since I'm squishy, and by this time, I'm getting into the fray a lot more.

My damage is pretty decent, late game is where I get most of my kills, setting up a Volley, auto-attack, Volley, ECA-when-they're-low combo that either hurts like a ***** or kills most heroes.

Granted, I usually sit with 9-0-5's or something like that, because I'm still relatively new, but I do better on this champion than any other champion. My one problem is aiming; I miss shots at point-blank range because I suck at aiming XD

Lendari

Adjudicator

11-02-2009

Buy items in this order, start with health pendant and go back for Philos + L1 boots @ 1000g and again for swiftness and BF Sword (or the mace) as soon as you possibly can.

Philosophers Stone
Boots of Swiftness
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver

In a long game, sell philosophers stone and buy guardian angel (bad team), banshees veil (mostly caster, especially ryze, kassadin and viegar) or frozen mallet (mostly melee, especially yi and jax).