Am I playing Ashe good enough?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RC SkillShots

10-23-2009

Going Philosopher's Stone is going to delay your ability to get items. If you play smart, boots and 3 health pots to start off is a much better option.

Ashe has no trouble surviving in a lane and if you are soloing, last hitting should be relatively easy.

Frost arrow is not going to net you many kills early game especially if you are playing against decent opponents, which is why one point in FA is enough.

Almost every Ashe I came across gets PS while the skill combination of FS and Volley early game. All they do is spam volley. This is not the best way to play Ashe as they eventually fall behind. Ashe thrives on rushing power items. If you don't, you will be seriously gimping the team.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

o.O ashe can get pwned in a 1v1 early on against many opponents. teemo in particular can harass you enough to make you cry.

relying on health pots is going to delay your ability to get items much more than getting a regrowth pendant. philosopher's stone gives ashe some mp regen, which is useful late game, helps farm with volley, and gives extra gold.

some people use plentiful bounty just because they don't have the mana to cast volley/frost arrow anyway.

Bloodba7h

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone View Post
Going Philosopher's Stone is going to delay your ability to get items. If you play smart, boots and 3 health pots to start off is a much better option.

Ashe has no trouble surviving in a lane and if you are soloing, last hitting should be relatively easy.

Frost arrow is not going to net you many kills early game especially if you are playing against decent opponents, which is why one point in FA is enough.

Almost every Ashe I came across gets PS while the skill combination of FS and Volley early game. All they do is spam volley. This is not the best way to play Ashe as they eventually fall behind. Ashe thrives on rushing power items. If you don't, you will be seriously gimping the team.
I don't fall behind because I actively try to get last hits, deny the enemy, gank, etc. It's all in how you play and not because you spent ~1100g on a Philostone early game. 2 points in FA is good for your Volley and, yes, you WILL get kills in the early game with it (this is dependent on how well your team coordinates as well). Of course, the bonus damage (and more importantly, cooldown reduction) of an improved Volley is amazing.

Volley spam is ****ing amazing to deny last hits, put the fear into the enemy, wear the opponent down for easy ganking, and get gold. With a Philosopher's Stone your ability to stay in the lane and farm those items you want increases drastically. Also when you do get Enchanted Crystal Arrow, you'll have the mana to use it. I forget the math but the Philosopher's Stone pays for itself in something like 15 minutes. Your game will definitely last that long and the mana regen (and health regen too!) are too vital to miss out on.

I guess the good thing to know about Ashe is that she's flexible enough to carry late-game while still being relevant to the early game.

Nobody's wrong, but to say that Philo's Stone is a bad idea is a little silly since Volley is an incredibly powerful ability.

crazyrednek

10-23-2009

Imo it's better to skip regrowth pendant and get vampiric scepter instead (meki > boots > BF/scepter is my build) Plus meki into chalice takes care of all your mana issues late game and you can spam volley without much thought. I felt that with philo I'm more mana constricted.

PS. PB sucks donkey balls, I prefer more harassing ability with volley and improving slow is always good.

requiescat

10-23-2009

I think its all about playstyle. Personally i like boots and pots, because it gives me and edge in ducking behind minions to dodge skill shots, and gives me the initiative in harassing. However i am not the type to spam volley at every cd, i prefer to use it when i can get a few follow up shots in thus i dont really feel a need for lots of mana regen while laning. I usually finish up my boots and get a pick axe or bfsword before i take care of my mana needs. I've played against ashe's that love to spam volley and that would definitely justify going p. stone to sustain their favored style of play. Both routes are effective, it really depends on the player's style.

RC SkillShots

10-23-2009

I have to agree that both styles work fairly well. However, it seems like going stone would not be as beneficial middle to end game as you can get items much faster by skipping it. I still stand by having no more than 1 point in frost shot early game and that PB is a very important to grab at the beginning.

Grinningsphinx

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone View Post
I personally wouldn't go that skill or build order.

Getting plentiful bounty maxed before lvl 9 is ideal so that her farming potential is maximized.
With that being said, however you approach it matters on given conditions. Most of the time this is how i build it.

Alternate between PB and V, but always PB>V. You can take a point in FA if you are losing lane control or need a slow for some reason. Usually its not worth it early game to invest more than 1 point in FA.

If you are in a more competitive situation, it would probably be in your best interest to go:

FA, V, V, PB, PB, ULT, PB PB.

As for item builds, rushing IE and LT is a must. After those items, you can decide whether to get a defensive item or continue increasing damage output.

IE, LT, Veils, BT, PD

IE, LT, BT, PD

Hope that helps!

Hmm..to waste all those skills slots when you could be harrassing and pushing is dumb... By lvl 9 neither your attack speed or damage ability is good enough to make use of maxed Bounty. Period.

requiescat

10-23-2009

Going p. stone allows you to stay on the field for longer, when ashe is oom and without any dmg items she's pretty useless. P. stone allows you to take less trips to the fountain. as of now, with no runes, you do have to address her mana issues sooner or later because her base mana is not enough to sustain long battles with frost arrow on all the time + using volley and ECA.

I dont like pb at all, dont think it's worth the skill points. lets say you end the game with 200 creep kills, even if you had max lvl pb for all those kills its only 1000g, its not alot in late game, and for sure you wont have lvl5 pb for all those kills.

I find the extra slow on frost arrow to be really important, it means an enemy getting away with a sliver of health because you couldnt catch up or $$$ which ashe really needs. I can assure you that the champ kills you get from a higher lvl frost arrow will be more beneficial than 1k gold over the duration of a game, as you get gold AND they lose exp from being off the field.

RC SkillShots

10-23-2009

Having teleport minimizes my time off the field to almost none. I net kills fairly well without FA.

I am testing the stone build right now to see if it yields faster items. I don't have trouble staying in lane or killing people without FA so I'll test how effective it is later.

RC SkillShots

10-23-2009

With stone, i managed to get IF and boots in 26 minutes. Decent, but not great. I might opt for getting a mana regen stick for Ashe's mana issues, but stone is just not worth it.