How to counter Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uwontprevail

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI Magnet View Post
Get hit by her for 1/100 of your hp bar then hit her back for 1/2 of hers because she's squishy as **** and doesn't do damage unless she's 100/0/50. She was nerfed really hard a while back and she's been weak since then.
She is not that bad dude.

Get the right runes, and get a few early kills and you will dominate the rest of the game.

TheHarmanator

04-13-2012

well, you can't really escape an akali easily so the idea is to be aggressive as soon as she goes to hit you, akalis like to do their damage and sit in shroud for a couple seconds but they might back up when their hp drops hard

LegiticusMaximus

04-13-2012

Try a team comp with a lot of AoE, preferably with a strong aoe bruiser. Lee Sin, Skarner, Shybangbang, stuff like that. I'm pretty sure Kennen outlanes her, too.

ihatebikeshorts

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyComp View Post
Hi, I'm still relatively new to the game, and I find that no matter what champ I play as, my team and I always get destroyed by the enemy Akali? What champions/items/strategies can I use to counter her?
Had this exact same problem when I first started playing. This advice can apply to most situations, but knowing your enemy is the first step to overcoming them. Use her own mechanics against her and you'll be able to beat her.

Some tips:
Her Mark will only deal huge burst damage if she manages to auto attack you when it's on you. Staying out of melee range can definitely help mitigate a lot of damage she does.

Her shroud will only make her invisible -inside- of the shroud. So if the bubble is out in the open and she's nowhere to be seen- she's in there. If you have any AoEs, she's susceptible to them at this time. Getting an Oracles will also tell you where she is regardless, but if you can't afford one, AoEs are the way to go. Also standing in the bubble slows you, which makes you vulnerable to marks/auto attacks.

Her flash-kick can only be targeted on enemy units, so it's not a reliable escape mechanic. Any CC while she's running away really hurts her.

Hopes this help OP!

Lulu Nakura

04-13-2012

lee sin is pretty amazing against her mostly due to the fact that his skills reveal her location so she cant hide in her smoke bomb. If she's troubling you in dominion, get a light bringer (I can't remember the caster equivalent) so you can pressure her down.

a tiny ant

04-13-2012

Throw a pink ward in her shroud. Makes her so mad.

Owlstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Stack HP. If she's any good, she'll realize that if she wastes all her bursts on you and if you still live; you basically disable her for 20 seconds b4 she can pop another dash.

Some champions destroy her are Lee Sin, Garen, Yorick, Fiora, and Naut

Tenmar

04-13-2012

Lane phase: Build your standard two items and just harass her whenever you can without overextending. Trade when she is trying to farm minions. On your first or second way back to the shop buy ONE pink ward and put it smack dab in the center of your lane, doesn't matter if Akali sees it or not. This will enable you to farm freely and play either aggressive or conservative depending where your own personal sweet spot is.

Pwnsidon

04-13-2012

you have a better shot if you don't run from akali, that's what she loves and that's what she's made for

LegiticusMaximus

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
Had this exact same problem when I first started playing. This advice can apply to most situations, but knowing your enemy is the first step to overcoming them. Use her own mechanics against her and you'll be able to beat her.

Some tips:
Her Mark will only deal huge burst damage if she manages to auto attack you when it's on you. Staying out of melee range can definitely help mitigate a lot of damage she does.

Her shroud will only make her invisible -inside- of the shroud. So if the bubble is out in the open and she's nowhere to be seen- she's in there. If you have any AoEs, she's susceptible to them at this time. Getting an Oracles will also tell you where she is regardless, but if you can't afford one, AoEs are the way to go. Also standing in the bubble slows you, which makes you vulnerable to marks/auto attacks.

Her flash-kick can only be targeted on enemy units, so it's not a reliable escape mechanic. Any CC while she's running away really hurts her.

Hopes this help OP!
Akali actually briefly stays stealthed after exiting the shroud. That's why akali jukes are so potent.