If you really hate ranked solo queue so much...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Then I have a very simple answer for you: don't solo queue in ranked.

I bet there have been a thousand posts by people hating solo queue because they are stuck in "low elo hell." Well, before season 1 there were these normal games that you could queue for in a team of any size(solo queue is allowed here too). These games still exist. You can still play them.

WHY are you complaining about an additional feature that Riot has implemented that you do not have to participate in. You can still enjoy yourself in normal, unranked games JUST like before season 1. If you want to be uber competitive about this game then you need to do one of a few things:

a) Get a premade. no this isn't always possible. but even professional athletes practice(this is your normal unranked or practice games) when they don't have a real game to play. You don't have to do solo ranked when you don't have 4 friends to play with.
b) Realize this game is never going to be competitive in solo ranked queue. It's for fun. There is a reason that the WCG qualifiers took people's 5v5 ranked elo and not solo queue elo. Solo ranked games are for enjoyment. Ideally they would be way more competitive, but this isn't an ideal world, and a videogame company is not capable of solving a problem based on human nature.
c) Read point b until you realize it is true.

People screaming this and that about how much solo ranked queue sucks: this would be justifiable if they took out normal games...they did not.

tl;dr: don't complain about solo ranked because you don't have to play solo ranked if you don't want to.

p.s I'm a casual player who does solo ranked for the enjoyment. Is it annoying getting a feeder or bad players? Yes, but Riot cannot fix humans, only do its best. If you have a viable alternative to the elo system, please feel free to post it on the forums, but don't just complain that their system sucks.

MehtaMezhan

08-09-2010

Cool story bro (in before downvotes)

To be fair, I have no idea why people solo queue this game.
Solo queues are just a total cesspit in my experience.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Solo queue is what it is really, people just expect it to solve world hunger.

Bleedorang3

08-09-2010

Because Solo Queue turned normal games into practice games.

Axecution

08-09-2010

Solo Queue is the core of league of legends. It's a reflection of the game as a whole.

Deathlordx

08-09-2010

People expected ranked games to solve the problems that MM already had. It didn't, but rather worsened the problem for many.

Zizzefex

08-09-2010

I don't dare play ranked games. I never could go 2 games before without raging. I already know 9/10 LoL players are complete trash and failures IRL. Still can't go 2 games in normal mode without getting real mad. Luckily 5 man practice vs bots isn't so bad at all considering you get more IP than a normal loss... and it doesn't really matter how bad the people are.

EquisScry

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlordx View Post
People expected ranked games to solve the problems that MM already had. It didn't, but rather worsened the problem for many.
Who did it worsen it for? People that queued with 3-4 total people, but wanted to be competitive? I honestly don't see how adding an optional feature worsened the problem for anyone who wants to solo queue. They still have the old option, and this new one that works as well as possible, but not perfectly because that is impossible.