Recap from Lance “Cap” Stites Reddit AMAA Hecarim Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkelheitt

04-13-2012

Thanks for answering people's questions. Hopefully it will be out this tuesday =)

Obsidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Riot Op

fapnapeatrepeat

04-13-2012

this means patch delayes more

bEdAbE

04-13-2012

Varus will come out with the patch following Hecarim. *-*

Raygriffin

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
Im glad with the insane amounts of money riot is making theyre too cheap to hire a focus group that doesnt already consist of their employees. This game feels like you have 3 people working on it, who have no idea what theyre doing, and you also have a fourth guy who announces things but forgets to tell those three people. How about achievements riot? How about some more maps? Instead of thinking in cents, think in dollars. Riot is losing so many potential costumers because they see this game and say "bro theres like two maps screw that". But no, instead you pump out the same champions over and over again so that you can get your 5 dollars of rp from the two year olds who find their moms credit card on patch day. Floating combat text? Better BOTS? Should I be excited? How about fixing the **** game. Theres almost 100 champs. About 25 or so of these are FAR superior to all the others at any given time. Nerfing/buffing 2 to 3 chars a patch wont fix anything. Sit down, number crunch your god **** meta, and fix them all at once. WHAT? COME OUT WITH A PATCH WITHOUT A CHAMP!?! THEN HOW WILL WE MAKE 30 DOLLARS ON PATCH DAY? thanks riot. I live in SD, id be happy to go down to Culver City (the ******** of LA) and fix your game in one day. Your content delivery is such a short sighted process. You guys should totally team up with Mojang, and just make games with great potential but then completely let them go to ****.

Also, suggestion: make anivias wall a vector. You spent 6 months putting the system in the game might as well use it.
Okay, you claim to be so boss at "fixing their game" then I dare you to make your own **** game. Go ahead. You seem to claim to know what you're talking about. Rather, you seem to be spouting claims about something you have no idea the amount of work it TAKES to "crunch" numbers in a game like this. If a simple update such as a UI change and some tweaks can bug up a game this badly, then you should understand the complexity the coding behind a game that requires so many stats and calculations in one game. Go whine somewhere else.

To riot: Thank you for your time and patience with making sure your game is up to quality assurance. I gotta say at first with this game I had my doubts about it but after spending some time with it has become one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I hope to keep receiving the feedback and communication you have with your fanbase that I've come to appreciate!

Multishiner

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daharon View Post
I wish they could give us more info about that =/ this really needs to happen
You could go on the PBE if you want to see it in action. It's been in the PBE client since December but they probably want to test it really thoroughly before it gets ported over to the main server. It's a drop-in spectate feature that is an expanded version of the current spectator mode available on the main LoL client. You can right-click your buddies in your friends list and if their playing a game, you can hop in to spectate, regardless of how far they are into the match. There is a 3 minute delay just as there is with the current system, so you can't directly influence the game by messaging people in the game. This spectate works with both normals and customs, an expansion from just the customs on the main client. I can't recall if it works for ranked too but that's obviously something intended.

I've seen the option to drop-in spectate while I was on the PBE but haven't tried it myself. From what other PBE-freqeuenters say, the whole system seems to be working pretty well, other than a few bugs with really long games. Definitely a very good feature to have up soon.

Knox Gran

04-13-2012

yaaay impressive post.

can't wait for you to pony up Hecarim riot.

I have to confess; I have no idea what it takes to make a game like this or any video game for that matter. I love League of Legends. the goofyness of it all. the way you have to outwit and outmatch your opponents. Its really a way for me to get my competativeness fix when i dont have anyone around to grind into paste at Soul Caliber and I love the way ideas are refined instead of created(In most cases).

That being said I would like the wonderful crew at Riot to understand something. Wether you knew it or not you wasted a lot of peoples time/sleeping hours/productivity when you sand-bagged us with the massive amount of delay letting us know that you werent going to release the patch on time as stated. I had four people over who decided to spend their night excitedly waiting for these new features. I personally was checking every hour in hopes that i could finally get my hype-induced rabies shot and passed up on the oppertunity to go to a really good show my friend was in. other people around the world that had school or work the next day passed up on sleep or spending quality time with their nakama waiting for some definiative answer. in recent days we have discovered that there was no chance the patch would come out on its promised time and yet you all kept leading us on-letting us stir in a swirling pool of non-information. The lack of proper communication on your part filled the form posts with HueHueHue and table flipping because hard-core LoLists had nothing to do, waiting chained beneath the table waiting for scraps. when all you had to do was just say "give us a week" and we would have gone and raided garbage cans somewhere else. on top of that a lot of your players probably became disenchented with Hecarim or your game in general. I kid you not I saw people begginning to organize picket lines (zelots :P).

So I beg of you this Riot; next time your up to your necks in bugs, let us know right off the bat. before you clock out and go home or whatever. We are part of your crew as well. so keep us in the loop. other wise we turn into rainy day fans.

Also I know you guys are going to make this patch awesome, and I look forward to seeing all the hard work you guys are throwing out there for us..... wouldn't mind spending a game as a cupcake though. I'm a bit of a sweetheart. I wonder how I would taste? :P

MikaEars

04-13-2012

Thanks for the repost so we know a lot more about Hecarim's status and some of the catastrophic bugs that prevented him from being released. This addressed a ton of questions people had, such as why Hecarim wasn't excised from the patch and released magically. Good job keeping players informed, even if I imagine it's been chaos over there trying to fix the issues.

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

TLDR: LoL is still the same game it was 2 years ago; exactly the same mechanics, exactly the same champion balance, exactly the same company priorities. We at Riot care about the almighty dollar bill before creative vision, or customer satisfaction. Enjoy more emptiness and mediocrity as we prepare the 25th+ champion in a row that adds essentially noting to an already beyond stale game.

*drops mic*

Abbx

04-13-2012

When he says before this weekend, does that mean a Saturday/Sunday release is also possible?