Recap from Lance “Cap” Stites Reddit AMAA Hecarim Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knox Gran

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
I understod about half of that. But at least I'm assured that there is indeed new tech.
yeah, i didnt understand all of it either. was listening to my programmer brother while typing, he likes to go on the public beta and find bugs and gets this stuff. im more of a people programmer than a computer programmer but theres the gist.

Toweliee123

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler9996 View Post
Yeah, it's outrageous that we don't get daily updates telling us that it's not ready but they're working hard on it and we should see it soon.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
LOL taric joke i think

Struggler9996

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toweliee123 View Post
LOL taric joke i think
Google "Jem," brah.

KiIIitch

04-15-2012

No need for daily updates at all. However an E.T.A. on when the patch will come out would be nice. After all, the longer the delay, the more people forget and move away from being interested in purchasing Hecarim where time is money from a business point. No need for daily updates at all. But the designers need to bear in mind this as a learning lesson, test, test, test before announcing an ETA to begin with. This way people won't be so starved after a delay. In the future, don't even announce if it's not ready for release. That's like telling the world...Here's the IPAD 3....NO um,....****...**** no it's just a new ipad patch with a new screen. DOH!

Knox Gran

04-16-2012

props killitch.

to be honest everyone we just need to stop coming to these forum threads. soon the riot offices will be open and Rara will put up a new thread. this one is dead and even if or when we get new information it wont be on here. good night sweet summoners. let tomorrow bring better things and smarter posters.

WickedDrummer

04-16-2012

Ok, it was delayed, we dont care, we just wanna know when its gunna come out xD

Dardstar

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Gran View Post
layered hitboxes with staggered moving on hit effects that move independantly on the same "track", from his ult. his aoe has to account for constant recalculation as he moves using percentage return. his passive was causing issues with creep and ability aggro wich caused him to become untargetable while using an ability or moving through creeps due to using part of the summoner ghost spell program instead of making a program that manages his hitboxes and recycles them as his passive activates. He is also particularly large wich was an issue with volibear. if you remember they shrunk him. they fixed the bipedial issue with naut who was also supposed to be larger but is still huge. but hecarim has a rectangular sprite that is bigger than sejuani and that causes more problems with his passive as well as making it so hes not such a easy target. remember the bug where if chogath got too big you couldnt hit anyone around him? similar deal. also because of his shape there would be no smooth transition as he moves in and out of the bush. thats the new tech and issues they have. dont know wich ones they caught before they were going to origionally release him but its certainly some new machinerey going into seabiscut here.

While you (or in this case your brother) raises some good points, a lot of these have already been addressed as you kind of state, largeness -> chogath,naut, moving aoe, sej,shy, Im not sure on the rectangle hitbox issue, but i have a feeling that the shape of the champion wouldnt really factor into it as much as it seems,seeing as shyvanas ult is a smilliar shape and dosnt have the issues but just specularion, might be what you said

Eyekon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2012

Great answers from Lance, and answered a lot of questions I'm sure a lot of people had , The community just need to relax on the raging it will come out and when it does you will all forget about your rage because theirs so many kick ass features in this new patch, everyone who wanted Hecarim will still buy him unless your impatient and already spent your money.

Dragoon130

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardstar View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1396158 Shameless plug of a good idea for a 5v5, since apparently people really want a new one
I would go back to college to learn how to program to help make that map.

My Right Ear

04-16-2012

riot has to be the best gaming company i've seen (... but i've only played this and runescape, and jagex where ****ing terrible at player communication and where great at pissing us off)

so much communication, i like it, keep up the good work and i'll throw more money at my screen