Zilean: Arguably worst dominion champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merriken

04-13-2012

I build AD and AS Zilean on Dominion. It's pretty fun...

konfetarius

04-13-2012

I would say the most important stat on Zilean no matter what build is hitting the CDR cap. It's insane how well CDR scales with spells that reduce cooldowns by flat amount (see Ryze).

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I would say the most important stat on Zilean no matter what build is hitting the CDR cap. It's insane how well CDR scales with spells that reduce cooldowns by flat amount (see Ryze).
yep. cdr+movespeed = zoom zoom

Shaxtenn

04-13-2012

I think the main reason Zilean does well on SR, and this goes for many champions, is that during the laning phase he has a captive opponent. His lane opponent MUST remain in the lane. They're tethered to the creep wave. If they leave, they get no last-hits, they get no exp. This gives Zil the perfect setting to do what he does best: run up, double bomb, retreat, repeat. Eventually the enemy has too little health to risk taking another double bomb, and must recall.

In Dominion he doesn't really have this opportunity because laning is all different. He can go bot, but he's not competing with standard mid lane APs, he's more likely to be up against someone like Yorick/Heimer/Cass, who can push hard, from a distance. And if Zil goes bot, all his team utility - haste, slow, revive - is being spent only on himself.

Also: there's no blue buff. So less spell spam, and more importantly for Zilean, no free 20% CDR.

Zilean can do pretty well on Dom though. You just need to work out the right item build for the right balance of health/survivability, mana, AP, and CDR. IMO this requires you to forget tear/AA staff, pick up ROA + Frozen Heart instead, and be more careful and conservative with your mana.

I have had no real success with Lich Bane or Deathfire Grasp, compared to a standard ROA -> eventual Deathcap build.

He can be either a decent if not great bot laner, or a potentially very useful mage/support top laner.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOTERSS View Post
Zilean = best dominion champ. No joke. His speed wins u the game
So what do you do when I get Frozen Mallet on a champ with range + gap closer or Malphite and Q spam you all day?

SuperSobotka

04-13-2012

zilean is fine for dominion.

characters i find the most useless are taric/sej/sona

sejuni is definately at the top of the list though

Ergheis

04-13-2012

Are you kidding?

With that mana buff, Zilean can max Tear in about 10-15 minutes.

He's one of the stronger Dominion champs.

The Elk

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
i know right, the rest of us are busting our asses with yorick and this guy is just EWEWERWEWEWEQWQ
VICTORY
That is a lie and slander on dear pooterss. He would never use Q. How distasteful! He stops caps with autoattacks.

Bearacolypse

04-14-2012

He's better than Orianna, worse than Janna. Support kits really don't carry well into dominion because they cannot duel 1v1 vs a competent player. The best they can hope to do is not die.

MMKH

04-14-2012

I used to go standard support/AP Zilean before the dawn of Pooterss IMO, would get Tear to AA, and max CDR with tanky or AP items depending on the team. I've taken Zilean bot lane before too, he can be pretty good at clearing waves and harassing. But you would need to have hard carries on the team or for the enemy team to not have too many gap-closing assassins.