Zilean: Arguably worst dominion champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doonhijoe V

04-13-2012

Hi, I am curious as to what the more seasoned Dominion players think of Zilean.

I love Zilean on SR, but I can never seem to do that well on Dominion.

He's okay bot, but the fact that he falls off lategame in SR is only made more obvious Dominon.

At top his CDs and utility seems less impactful and I always feel like I'm a weight on my team and potentially am the reason for losing.

I build him AP with some CDR mixed in with Ionian boots, but I still feel as if he is just...not that good.

Thoughts?

Orphane

04-13-2012

build him POOTERSS

problem solved

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

I've found him to be effective if you prioritize W and E over Q, and spend your time supporting the team. Max CDR and rewind/slow spam all day. You won't kill much 1v1, but you're hard to catch and you can guarantee kills with the slow.

The Elk

04-13-2012

I have been trying to make non-Pooterss zilean work with varying degrees of success. I think that he is better than people give him credit, but I need to do more testing.

Conventional wisdom is that there are much better supports and he is not very good.

Doonhijoe V

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
build him POOTERSS

problem solved
What is POOTERSS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elk View Post
I have been trying to make non-Pooterss zilean work with varying degrees of success. I think that he is better than people give him credit, but I need to do more testing.

Conventional wisdom is that there are much better supports and he is not very good.
I agree that his overall utility is less then other supports, so I rarely have played him like that.

I play him as a mage, but what is this POOTERSS build?

EDIT: also, I totally read that as PROTOSS at first. My SC instincts...

Orphane

04-13-2012

Pooterss is an infamous player who picks Zilean, takes CDR/movement speed items and does nothing but backcap enemy points the whole game.

Well, doing this without having your team agree to it is likely a guaranteed 4 reports, if not more, but probably a better way to build Zilean, like all other supports, is tanky with max CDR. You're there more for utility and support, not to kill people.

Doonhijoe V

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Pooterss is an infamous player who picks Zilean, takes CDR/movement speed items and does nothing but backcap enemy points the whole game.

Well, doing this without having your team agree to it is likely a guaranteed 4 reports, if not more, but probably a better way to build Zilean, like all other supports, is tanky with max CDR. You're there more for utility and support, not to kill people.
Hmmm...I guess I will experiment more with a tanky/CDR build, but I feel his utility is lacking with only having a speed/slow (while it IS very strong) and a rivive that isn't as strong as it could be. Plus no real damage from his Q which is what I love about Zil

The Elk

04-13-2012

Pooterss plays a backdoor variant of Zilean. He focuses on movespeed and tankiness. While much maligned earlier, his strategy (or at least his skill at it) has attracted top players to join his cause. It has a mixed view among players.

Discussion of the style:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1944345

Replays from the last tournament:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2007976

inFe eD

04-13-2012

I've experimented with him tons, and it's sad when my AD variant has found the most success at all levels of play. He needs too much to be effective: levels + CDR/Mana/Tankiness, when most supports can just skip the mana and be fine.

ImCoolerOnline

04-13-2012

If ur not using him as a backdoor champ like pooters than Lulu does all his tasks better in terms of damage and support compare them.

Rather than going thru this in detail, just look that zil has one dmg skill that is aoe if the enemy plays poorly, a speed/slow that is only that and only 55% and an ultimate that is generally 90% useless since most the time u revive and just insta die again...

Lulu slow is 80% and dmgs all champs hit, has a speed boost of 35% + AP boost or can virtually stun an enemy with morph, then she has a site ability that also does damage to a single enemy or she can use on a teammate to provide a shield. Then her ult is a 600 health insta heal plus aoe slow.

Basically there are a lot of other champs that can do 90% of what zil provides but do it 100% better, more consistently and not run out of mana as quickly. + theses other champs have ults that are almost always useful, where zils can either be ignored or just insta kill the ulted champ when they respawn.