Leavers in ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flubbz

08-09-2010

4v5s are way too common in ranked games, even at decent elo. Whether it is because of disconnects, or people just rage quitting, something needs to be done about it. Since yesterday I've been on the 4v5 team two times, and they have been 4v5 once. In the current system 80% of the people punished aren't the people who did anything wrong.
In one of them I had a teammate who got team captain (very unfortunate since he didn't listen to anyone else on the team) and banned evelynn and another bad character, allowing them to have shaco. "because I don't want an evelynn on my team". He then proceeded to get first blooded by shaco and ragequit on us. Why are 4 other people being punished for his blatant stupidity and bad attitude?
When someone gets flagged as a leaver they should lose 100% of the rating the team would(to discourage leaving). If people start losing 50-70 rating for leaving they will be far less likely to do that. To prevent abuse if they are part of a premade, they should lose rating for themselves and everyone not in their premade, and the person they q'd with should lose their own amount so that people can't leave to save a friends rating.
I understand you can't do anything about the noobs picking terrible characters, or griefing their teammates by taking revive etc, but leavers are something that can be taken care of and it would go a long way torwards maintaining the integrity of ranked games. Season1 has only been going on a few weeks as of yet, and I already saw someone with double digit leaves for season1, why is someone who leaves so much even allowed to play ranked matches?

King of Nihility

08-09-2010

I agree with you 99%....let's be silent for 1 sec for those 1% who encountered sudden events and had to be disc/ected for the rest of the game unwillingly. (Now they are going to pay for their bad luck)

Flubbz

08-09-2010

Better them than them AND 4 others who had no internet problems.