Dominion forum is best

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

04-14-2012

Getting bored with blind pick, and solo queue in general. I'll probably stop playing until Riot releases Ranked Soon(TM).

urmamasllama

04-14-2012

razzy comes in and trolls from time to time but thats about it

Stralucire

04-14-2012

As much as I hate to say it, I think a large part of the Dom forum ethos comes from the tiny community. It's that whole anonymity-begets-bad-behavior problem. We're too small to feel anonymous here, so we act like decent people. Which is great. I just hope it doesn't go down the drain if Dom ever gets super popular.

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I hope it's a good thing when I come in your mind, not a bad thing.
MmMm... would love for you to come in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
As much as I hate to say it, I think a large part of the Dom forum ethos comes from the tiny community. It's that whole anonymity-begets-bad-behavior problem. We're too small to feel anonymous here, so we act like decent people. Which is great. I just hope it doesn't go down the drain if Dom ever gets super popular.
I act like myself; a raging narcissistic *******.

larkhill

04-14-2012

o lot of what stops people from raging and flaming is the fact that we dont have a strictly defined meta with strictly defined tier lists for champs.

in SR, people all use the 1 top 1 mid 2 bot 1 jungle route. everyone knows shyv and mundo r the best junglers, with a rough estimate of how good other junglers are and what they do well. a lot of the raging ties back into people going against the meta. a lot of the discussion is centered around figuring out how good champs are in relation to said meta.

in DOM, its much different. theres really only 2 tiers. theres the top tier of champs like rammus, yorick, wukong, urgot, and a few others that are considered pretty op, every other champ is just situational. theres very little hierarchy and almost every champ can be used effectively. theres very little arguing over champ effectiveness because we have people who use all champs differently.

as soon as we get a guy like elementz who makes a tier list that everyone follows, we'll probably see more hostility.

Panzerzs

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Getting bored with blind pick, and solo queue in general. I'll probably stop playing until Riot releases Ranked Soon(TM).
Don't Worry Brah, we got cho back, we'll try party with u every now and then haha Good Times? At least we can give our Dominion Mates some challenge =) and of course, challenges to the ones who always make other Dominion begginners feel bad

Panzerzs

04-16-2012

in DOM, its much different. theres really only 2 tiers. theres the top tier of champs like rammus, yorick, wukong, urgot, and a few others that are considered pretty op, every other champ is just situational. theres very little hierarchy and almost every champ can be used effectively. theres very little arguing over champ effectiveness because we have people who use all champs differently.

as soon as we get a guy like elementz who makes a tier list that everyone follows, we'll probably see more hostility.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and on top of that, there are some nice counters to the champions that are considered too powerful on dominion xD (Kassadin maybe an exception...idk)
It takes time and practice, but yea, not sure how Riot will tackle this, people say its the main reason why they don't like Dominion, unbalanced champs....

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
o lot of what stops people from raging and flaming is the fact that we dont have a strictly defined meta with strictly defined tier lists for champs.

in SR, people all use the 1 top 1 mid 2 bot 1 jungle route. everyone knows shyv and mundo r the best junglers, with a rough estimate of how good other junglers are and what they do well. a lot of the raging ties back into people going against the meta. a lot of the discussion is centered around figuring out how good champs are in relation to said meta.

as soon as we get a guy like elementz who makes a tier list that everyone follows, we'll probably see more hostility.
Xd some players act like that, some instalock something they want to play and they say something like "hey i heard X champion is good here and we're lucky he's on free week" and then procceed to bash on people and threaten to troll the game and that the team will lose because nobody picked X champion, not everyone does that but is enough to be a noticeable growing problem.

Edit: also Dominion players never take tier lsits seriously, this game is a fighting game (lol in general) meaning that every champion is somewhat able to fight(1) and what usually defines tier lsits on Sr is the ability to farm -_- and be overequipped istead of the ability to fight.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

I think because we're such a small group, once we hit a certain elo range we know each other pretty well. The fact that we have the dominatedominion chat with over 100 members helps a lot too.

*sigh* i remember when we only had 8

inFe eD

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerzs View Post
Don't Worry Brah, we got cho back, we'll try party with u every now and then haha Good Times? At least we can give our Dominion Mates some challenge =) and of course, challenges to the ones who always make other Dominion begginners feel bad
chea brah, arranged queue all day erry day, noct bot es #1