Losing due to leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andire

08-09-2010

or AFK's, or DC's. i dont think you should get a loss. or they should not get a win. practice games dont reward xp or ip if the teams are imbalanced, even if the team with less wins. it should be similar for normal games.

Theres just way too many games where my team gets completely smashed, or all of the villains escape or win the team fights with about 100 or less health. where the extra man would have won us the battle. then of course, because this is League of Legends, the other team fills All chat with lol's, fails, your so pro's, etc. and we suck because we cant win while playing short... =/

HerraHirvi

08-09-2010

Dont worry, its just LoL.
Low elo = Leavers
High elo = Afkers

League of legends name should be chanced: LoL > LoC = Lots of Crying

Boloney

08-09-2010

Two problems:

I'm inclined to agree that losing 4v5 shouldn't count as a loss (both in terms of stats and ELO)... but doing that could lead to abuse. In premades, people could "take one for the team" and leave to avoid the whole team getting a loss. In pubs, people might start jeering and abusing someone on their team to try and get them to leave if the match looks like it's lost.

As for the other team not getting a win because they had an advantage... I don't agree with that at all. First of all it could be abused in much the same way. Second, they were there. They spent the time and did what they were supposed to. Not giving them a win would be a punishment... and what for? It's not any more their fault there was a leaver than it is yours. On the other hand, giving one team a win without a loss to balance it out can lead to W/L and ELO "inflation", if you will.

Nice thought, in principle. But I don't see how it could work without causing more issues than it solves.

Andire

08-09-2010

im not just talking about 4v5. cuz 3v5 happens too. in fact, the game i was referencing was 3v5. good point on the abuse thing though. maybe have it set on a timer? similar to afk? with the amount of time gone having to be 75% of the actual game time for the win/ loss thing to come into effect? also it could be similar to practice in that there is no ip or xp given for the match if the teams are imbalanced. win or lose.

and i don't think it wouldnt be a punishment. cuz really they didnt earn much winning 5 on 3. especially for how long those games last. and the abuse could maybe be solved the same way? and i was suggesting that neither team would be given anything, a win or a loss. sorry if that wasn't clear