"Dominion is not ready for ranked in terms of balance"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyvernfist

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Basically we need Morello's reworked and vastly improved.
So make a Dominion-only "Bordello's Evil Tomb" (brothel gravestone?) that loses the Mana Regen and gives defensive stats instead.

Phourc

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
My biggest concern is getting into a ranked champ select and having the team captain ban champions he "doesn't like" rather than the overpowered ones. It happens all the time in draft.
I actually just had a game where Rammus wasn't banned and predictably, the enemy team got him and proceeded to slap us silly.

Oddly, we won by a narrow margin, but going to agree that the potential is slightly terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
As an AP caster, you will be looking for damage and survivability. Rylai's is great for hp and kiting. Zhonya's is a near must for the plethora of AD champs. Deathcap is the main source of damage which is sorely needed to compete. By the time these items are gotten, the match is nearly over, and Morello's is coming too late. I'm not sure if this is the problem with AP champions; I am just mentioning why I think Morello's evil tome doesn't fit in quite as well. In fact, I think that the evil tome has the same problem in SR, where a deathcap and survivability come first, and Morello's never ends up being taken.
Am I the only one who vastly prefers DFG's nuke to Morello's slight stat increases?

Barring, of course, on champs that can't work it in their rotation...

@Wyvern: that's pretty much what the community is asking for, as I understand it.

FDru

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Am I the only one who vastly prefers DFG's nuke to Morello's slight stat increases?
DFG is great, can't argue that. However I like Morello's on Ziggs for a couple reasons. Morello's + Ionian + full offense masteries = 39% CDR, then I get a Void Staff. This takes care of all the important side stats rather cheaply, so I can use a 100% AP rune page. He has really good range so I build pure glass cannon, which means I don't want to be close enough to use DFG in the first place.

Basically I think Morello's is good on champs you want to keep distance with and spam spells.

KSHarrison

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
So make a Dominion-only "Bordello's Evil Tomb" (brothel gravestone?) that loses the Mana Regen and gives defensive stats instead.
Wow, I really like this idea. Morello's does need something to compete with the other AP items. It's use is beyond situational, and I never see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I actually just had a game where Rammus wasn't banned and predictably, the enemy team got him and proceeded to slap us silly.

Oddly, we won by a narrow margin, but going to agree that the potential is slightly terrifying.

Barring, of course, on champs that can't work it in their rotation...

@Wyvern: that's pretty much what the community is asking for, as I understand it.
I am with Fdru in that I try not to use DFG on casters that are long range anyways. But otherwise I agree DFG is more useful than Morello's in general.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

Quote:
Brand is my primary AP on Dom, and I prefer Morello over DFG just because i absolutely don't want to be close enough to USE the DFG.

Hugs From Momma

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Brand is my primary AP on Dom, and I prefer Morello over DFG just because i absolutely don't want to be close enough to USE the DFG.
They're both weak items for the cost, but this is definitely a big detraction to DFG.

Basoosh

04-16-2012

I really don't understand why balance plays any part in this discussion. Is Twisted Treeline balanced? Does it have ranked? No matter what you personally think as a player, TT clearly proves that "balance" is not a barrier of entry. Balanced or not - it doesn't matter. You may like to think that ranked play is some holy grail that cannot be tainted by the likes of imbalance, but Riot clearly disagrees. TT is living proof.

So what is the criteria? If you ask me, all that should matter is "are there paying customers that want to play ranked Dominion?" The answer is yes. And it should be a slam dunk.

So why hasn't it happened? Unfortunately, the answer is neglect.

Riot is normally - in my opinion - a great company that listens to their playerbase. League is a great product. But they've completely and utterly dropped the ball with Dominion.