I'm in your game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

I'll waste your time if you are being unkind. Sorry, bra.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GildedFox View Post
I rarely will accept a surrender. There's always a chance for a comeback, I've won games with every single building but the nexus down on my side. There is a very rare case when I want to surrender, and it's usually when I'm the only one who hasn't died 20 times on my team and I can see it's pointless to try to lead those people to victory.

Of course, people like those in this thread ruin it by raging and ignoring any attempt to come back, and just sit in base and play pokemon (had this happen) or watch youtube or whatever. People give up far too quickly and far too easily. I've cancelled far too many votes too many times on games that I've won to believe in surrendering. It has its uses, but for the most part, it's not worth it. I like having games be fought to the end. Even when I'm completely destroying another team I hate it when they surrender, or when I'm being completely destroyed, it's a very unsatisfactory end to a game.

inb4 "cool story bro"

Cool story bro. Nah, seriously, I agree with you 100%.

TheNat

08-09-2010

any of you guys ever try surrendering when you're winning, just to annoy a rager on the team? did it a few nights ago with a 4 man premade. guy was raging all game, even when we were winning, so right before we took out the nexus turrets we surrendered. never saw anyone rage as hard as he did in the after chat.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNat View Post
any of you guys ever try surrendering when you're winning, just to annoy a rager on the team? did it a few nights ago with a 4 man premade. guy was raging all game, even when we were winning, so right before we took out the nexus turrets we surrendered. never saw anyone rage as hard as he did in the after chat.

you fail at team play... it's a funny story, but ultimately it's dumb, you deny yourself a win because someone is making u mad??? that's ridic. You ultimately are giving this person control over the outcome and over yourself...

I'll spare you the psychological lesson but you shouldn't let anyone control you, ever. (unless it's your parents or teachers or it's private property, and even then with an authority figure, it has to be a reasonable amount of control)

ps. there is an ignore button, I often use it on people like your rager, you should try it some time!?

SF Jumper

08-09-2010

I don't surrender because there's always a chance! BELIEVE IT!

Memorylame

08-09-2010

I hate quitters regardless of chances of winning.

If you are playing chess and you start to lose would you quit? If you were in a fist fight and the other guy is stomping your face in...do you stop punching and blocking and frame your face for the rest of the beating? If you are playing monopoly and you land on Boardwalk w/ hotel do you mortagage your face off and continue your death march or make a stupid face and start putting all the pieces away?

Now alot of you read that and thought 'comparing apples to oranges - moot point'. All I am doing is highlighting one missing factor in the quitters attitude...mettle. Show a bit of mettle, show a bit of 'heart', continue to fight when all is lost and do it everytime without fail, from the greatest challenges in life to the most meaningless tasks,.......and you will never feel spitefull or angry when you lose (exhausted or deflated certainly). It is empowering to inflate your self pride through REAL excercises in futility. This is also when gettin stomped becomes fun...the whole defeating the undefeatable 'out in a blaze of glory' attitude is what fuels this 'fun'

Waste of time. Say you are winning a ranked match and it's close...the phone rings and you ignore it (I'll get back to rl after this match). Well you just deemed that phone call to be a 'waste of your time' compared to the task at hand. The match turns favor and now you are getting stomped....you quit. You proceed to your phone....'unkown caller'. Uhm, what did I just miss? Probably nothing. Why the difference in the value of your time? Because the way your fingers stroked the keys of a man made time wasting gizmo, possibly coupled with incompetant team and/or 'unfair design, allowed for the pixels on your monitor to create a gloomy picture of loss rather than win ...? I like shiny pixels.
Everything in life just wastes away the time.

All in all pointless rant. I think that seeing the brave warrior desparately trying to fend off his 2v5 in a drawn out and painfull slow death....would make me think just that 'brave warrior'. Now if his k/d/r was godly whilest fighting his way to 'defeat'....I would think 'brave warrior - awesome player'
If a player quits/surrenders for anything other than 'real life'...I think 'quitting waste of space' and that is regardless of k/d/r or performance.

TLR - I hate quitters.

Dzung

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
I hate quitters regardless of chances of winning.

If you are playing chess and you start to lose would you quit? If you were in a fist fight and the other guy is stomping your face in...do you stop punching and blocking and frame your face for the rest of the beating? If you are playing monopoly and you land on Boardwalk w/ hotel do you mortagage your face off and continue your death march or make a stupid face and start putting all the pieces away?

Now alot of you read that and thought 'comparing apples to oranges - moot point'. All I am doing is highlighting one missing factor in the quitters attitude...mettle. Show a bit of mettle, show a bit of 'heart', continue to fight when all is lost and do it everytime without fail, from the greatest challenges in life to the most meaningless tasks,.......and you will never feel spitefull or angry when you lose (exhausted or deflated certainly). It is empowering to inflate your self pride through REAL excercises in futility. This is also when gettin stomped becomes fun...the whole defeating the undefeatable 'out in a blaze of glory' attitude is what fuels this 'fun'

Waste of time. Say you are winning a ranked match and it's close...the phone rings and you ignore it (I'll get back to rl after this match). Well you just deemed that phone call to be a 'waste of your time' compared to the task at hand. The match turns favor and now you are getting stomped....you quit. You proceed to your phone....'unkown caller'. Uhm, what did I just miss? Probably nothing. Why the difference in the value of your time? Because the way your fingers stroked the keys of a man made time wasting gizmo, possibly coupled with incompetant team and/or 'unfair design, allowed for the pixels on your monitor to create a gloomy picture of loss rather than win ...? I like shiny pixels.
Everything in life just wastes away the time.

All in all pointless rant. I think that seeing the brave warrior desparately trying to fend off his 2v5 in a drawn out and painfull slow death....would make me think just that 'brave warrior'. Now if his k/d/r was godly whilest fighting his way to 'defeat'....I would think 'brave warrior - awesome player'
If a player quits/surrenders for anything other than 'real life'...I think 'quitting waste of space' and that is regardless of k/d/r or performance.

TLR - I hate quitters.
most chess matches end with a surrender.
anyways, i vote no if there's a jerk on my team haha