How do you build Kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyGothic

04-13-2012

I've been converted to the 25% CDR club. Partly for the convenience of E uptime, but largely because building glass cannon (how else would you build Kayle!?) makes you very reliant on your ult. By late-game, the extra 25% AS from Berserker's becomes negligible when you have 100%+ AS from your DPS items.

Dagger + Dagger + Boots (top) or Stinger + pots (bot)
Stinger
Ionian

Then I choose on-hit or AD depending on the game. I generally prefer AD due to the lifesteal and scaling on Q, but if the enemy is building armour then on-hit is win.

FOODFOOD

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
but if the enemy is building armour then on-hit is win.
That's generally why I build on-hit early game, since a lot of intelligent people build armor no matter what.

Drakylon

04-13-2012

I prefer an AS/on-hit build:

Boots + Dagger + Amp Tome + Pots or Stinger + Pots
Boots -> Ionian's or Zerks
Dagger -> Malady or (Dagger ->) Stinger -> Nashor's
Finish the other

Current cost (w/o pots): 5610g

Nashor's + Ionians gives you 40% CDR, and Nashor's gives you a nice chunk of AP and AS. Malady has that on-hit and AS.

After this, I tend to go into situational items, including:

Kitae's Bloodrazor (2725g): Best against HP-stacking enemies, and gives a nice chunk of AS. Probably my first consideration after the core.

Wit's End (2000g): Nice to have if I'm having trouble against AP, though a well-timed ult should be enough to handle bursters.

QSS (1440g): Useful against teams that have a lot of CC. I tend to get it early to mid game if I feel I need it.

The Lightbringer (1750g): A nice cost-effective item that's useful against stealth champs. Again, I generally get it early-mid game if I feel I need it.

Glacial Shroud (1250g): Useful to have if I'm having trouble against AD champs, and its CDR can take the place of Ionian's. The mana also helps with skill spamming. It doesn't give me any damage, though.

NavyGothic

04-13-2012

I'd highly recommend skipping Nashor's Tooth until the rest of your build is complete (which isn't going to happen in most games). Stinger is amazingly cost effective, but upgrading to Nashor's means you're paying 1700g for 15% CDR and 65AP.

Given how undervalued AP is for Kayle, and the lesser value of CDR beyond 25%... it's really not worth it.

IMSOJUICY

04-13-2012

i've 1v3'd people as AD kayle.

i can't even beat a mundo with a spirit visage as AP kayle.

Panwar

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I like AS/onhit buuut it's pretty obvious to me that AD is better damage - however if you're building AD you could play just about anything else at that point ):
This is how I kinda feel when I play her. If I wanted on-hit I would play Kog or Teemo, if I wanted AD I would play...well, any ranged AD.

You can pull some pretty awesome clutch ults though.

Jelly Rev

04-13-2012

prospectr blade
zerkers greaves
zekes
triforce
----late game---
IE
PD

becomes a complete beast if gets to IE
kayle is a better AD carry in dom bc there is more 1v1's where you auto win bc of ulti, with enuff damage to kill any carry before ulti runs out...remember with ulti carries cant lifesteal makin them super squish

Does great against nearly all champions, but some tanky DPSers do pose a problem, champs like wukong are pain in butt.

Genericke

04-16-2012

I find I go zergs, stinger, ionic spark, bloodthirster, black cleaver, phantom dancer. I find once I start building into my bloodthirster I can take down literally anyone in a 1 vs 1 fight. You do so much damage, and your ult is gamechanging.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

I much prefer to go for a more traditional AD carry build.

I go Sanguine Blade or Black Cleaver into Phantom Dancer, and from there get a Frozen Mallet. Makes you quite a monster if you complete all 4, and you become very difficult to kill in the process. I find I don't need much cdr because either I'll kill them during my E's up-time, or I'm going to need to run because I'm not going to kill them regardless. I use attack speed reds, health/lvl yellows, cdr/lvl blues, and movement speed quints, and it works pretty well for me.

MMKH

04-16-2012

I've tried AD/AS, on-hit magic DPS, and tanky AP/CDR and they can all work depending on team comp. AD/AS starts pretty slow in the beginning IMO but late game you will wreck any enemy carry. I've had better luck with tanky AP/CDR because I can have my ult up almost every 30 seconds and just ult the allied carry so I don't have to waste it on myself, and be able to soak up a bit of damage and support better.