How do you build Kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KSHarrison

04-13-2012

AS, AD, CDR, or something else?

She seems like she has a lot of potential, and I have seen some players do well with her.

IS1429332aa9b633

04-13-2012

AS AD yes.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...5-37-19-128-59
You can build something else than kitae, but it's always a good choice against bruiser...

FOODFOOD

04-13-2012

I play a LOT of Dominion Kayle, and this is how I typically build her:

Boots + 2 Daggers + pots
Zerk/Merc
Malady
Wits End
Brut
Phage
Lifesteal item (Sanguine for bot, Zekes for top if with another AD)
Frozen Mallet
Youmuu

I pick up Revive/Exhaust most of the time.

KSHarrison

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I play a LOT of Dominion Kayle, and this is how I typically build her:

Boots + 2 Daggers + pots
Zerk/Merc
Malady
Wits End
Brut
Phage
Lifesteal item (Sanguine for bot, Zekes for top if with another AD)
Frozen Mallet
Youmuu

I pick up Revive/Exhaust most of the time.
So you don't max CDR, and you go primarily attack speed? How's your DPS and armor, since you don't have any? What role is this build, carry, tanky DPS, or utility?

FOODFOOD

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
So you don't max CDR, and you go primarily attack speed? How's your DPS and armor, since you don't have any? What role is this build, carry, tanky DPS, or utility?
The build is a mix of a lot of things, which is what I love so much about Kayle. Early game, you do some AD, but mostly magic damage through on-hit and your E (which is surprisingly high considering your attack speed). Late game is when the real AD damage starts kicking in.

I usually take her bot, so the full build isn't a huge problem to get to. Through Runes/Masteries, I typically get around 30-35% CDR at lvl 18 with just a Brutalizer.

Runes are hp or armor/lvl yellows (can't remember), CDR/Attack Speed blues, MPen reds (for the on-hit), and Arpen Quints.
I make sure to get the Attack speed, arpen, CDR, Mpen masteries in the offensive tree. In the defensive tree, I go all the way up to the CDR.

I've had really solid success with this. There are very few lanes that have beaten me, and I can usually outpush anyone while staying at a safe distance. Her point defenses are also top-knotch.

As a note - Frozen Heart is her worst nightmare, so if you're against AD Malz or Urgot or anyone else that gets it, it's about time to swap lanes.

Ikarurob

04-13-2012

you dont build Fayle.

Stillwin

04-13-2012

It goes by ranking:
1.AD
2.AS/on-hit
Trolling beyond this point:
3.AP
4.Support

IDontWasteFood

04-13-2012

Go bot and farm, build 100% AS, win.

Phantom dancers, kitaes, wits end, w/e. When nice and farmed from bot go top and melt face from behind lines while you ult your team. Guaranteed if you build all AS you'll never care to build anything else because of how ridiculous it is.

Phourc

04-13-2012

I like AS/onhit buuut it's pretty obvious to me that AD is better damage - however if you're building AD you could play just about anything else at that point ):

FOODFOOD

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
When nice and farmed from bot go top and melt face
I can confirm 100% that this is the most awesome feeling ever. Kayle is just obscene late game.