A couple of questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kev006

08-09-2010

1) Does magic resist help decrease enemy tower damage?

2) How much does the Baron's buff actually effect your stats? It doesn't actually give a number in game, it just says something like it increases your damage and such.

3) Is there anything that affects the speed at which minion waves spawn? Do they ever slow down or speed up spawning for any reason?

4) What are the stat caps in this game? The only one I know is there is a max of 40% cooldown reduction. Are there caps for crit chance, attack damage, attack speed etc?

5) If you're a level 15 summoner for example and you solo queue, is it possible you can have a level 1 or a level 30 summoner on your team/enemy team or is there some sort of matchmaking that puts you with people of similar level?

Thanks for any info

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can...

1) Does magic resist help decrease enemy tower damage?

Turrets deal physical damage, which it mitigated by armor.

2) How much does the Baron's buff actually effect your stats? It doesn't actually give a number in game, it just says something like it increases your damage and such.

After Baron Nashor is slain, all living players on the team that killed him gain a buff with the following attributes:

Each player on the team is also granted the following:

3) Is there anything that affects the speed at which minion waves spawn? Do they ever slow down or speed up spawning for any reason?

Nope, same rate all the time.

4) What are the stat caps in this game? The only one I know is there is a max of 40% cooldown reduction. Are there caps for crit chance, attack damage, attack speed etc?

That's the only hard cap I know of. Some stats like armor have diminishing returns however.

5) If you're a level 15 summoner for example and you solo queue, is it possible you can have a level 1 or a level 30 summoner on your team/enemy team or is there some sort of matchmaking that puts you with people of similar level?

In the old match-making system levels had little effect on your queue, so at level 11 I'd be facing 5 level 30's. It sucked pretty bad. The system was changed and now you generally should be within +/- about 5 levels of your opponents, though if you group with level 30 friends that will change.

Thanks for any info

I hope it helped!

Controlled By Me

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akal View Post

That's the only hard cap I know of. Some stats like armor have diminishing returns however.
As far as I know, Attack Speed is capped at 2.500

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Crit chance is also capped at 100% (think about it).

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Technically there is no cap on Armor, or Magical Resist, but eventually you do experience diminishing returns.

R66Y

08-09-2010

Dodge is multiplicative and not additive (so having 10% dodge and 10% dodge would give you an effective 19% (100*.1 + (100*.1)*.1) dodge).

AS is capped at 2.5 as noted
Crit is not capped, but there is no reason to go over 100% currently as there is no way to reduce an opponents crit %
Movement has several soft caps in place resulting in diminishing returns (generally only comes into play if you are stacking movement items), although there is no hard cap. Look up in the stickies on this board for more clarification.

And to clear up a misconception: Armor/MR is generally not considered diminishing returns as the math is usually looked at as each point of armor/MR giving you 1% EHP (effective hit points) regardless of your existing armor/MR. All this means is that it is best to balance between armor/MR and HP.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Fine, I should have said cost wise it is not as effective as just getting more health, when you reach a certain number of Armor/Magic Resist.

because of the EHP approach. I personally prefer the reduction approach. The point of the matter is to get the most benefit you need to balance flat health vs. Armor/MR. Think of those two as x and y on a cartesian coordinate system. To get the maximum benefit you try to make the largest rectangle possible. You can start to see why going for a square area is the most cost effective.