Do you like this thread?

This thread is boring and uninformed. 19 17.92%
This thread is entertaining and informative. 87 82.08%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

My first ten games of ranked (daily update)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LanguidSquid

04-19-2012

Mui Bueno. Kepp it coming XD <3333333

ADGarner

04-20-2012

Match 9.
Janna. Maokai. Jarvan. Ahri. Kog Maw (I'm jugling as Maokai. Girlfriend is... wait for it... wait... okay she's Janna.)
Vs.
Gangplank. Warwick. Riven. Cassiopeia. Graves

Game starts out with Jarvan getting first blood on Riven. That is prety sweet and then Kog gets a kill on Graves. Warwick tries to gank Ahri. Gangplank starts roaming. I protect Jarvan from Gangplank roam. Give blue to Ahri. Ahri gets ganked by Warwick immediately afterwards giving blue to Cassiopeia. Ahri gets bullied in lane. Enemy team has a lot of AD and knows it. They constantly split push the lanes whenever some one is missing. Two bad team fights trying to save middle. Opponents smell blood and the game quickly crumbles apart from relentless split push on every lane against a fed Graves and Cassiopeia.

Learned: Be careful about giving out blue buff. Also consider teleport (even when jungling) if opponents have a heavy AD team. That non-stop split push can make it hard to get any thing done.

~~~~~
Such a down turn for us. Three games ago we're 4 to 2 and had 1277 elo. Now we're 4 to 5. We're learning but some thing is definitely making things tough. Notably I seem to have bad luck if Ahri is on my team and even worse if I play the carry lane. Despite the bad turn of events though April and I commit to finishing our placement matches with dignity! One more to go.

ADGarner

04-21-2012

This is the last one folks. Thanks for all the feed back. This thread should help people who are tentative about ranked play get a view of what it's like just going feet first with only a few characters under your belt.

Those of you who read this thread and haven't played ranked yet. "Master" one character for each lane. Find a buddy you've played with and get out there and compete!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match 10.
Janna. Tristana. Warwick. Katarina. Xin Zhao (I play as Tristana in bottom lane. Girlfriend supports me as Janna.)
Vs.
Teemo. Master Yi. Malphite. Fizz. Nunu

Strange comps on both sides. Yi Teemo bottom. Xin Zhao Jungles with out smite. Our Xin Zhao plays very aggressively and scores a bunch of kills in the early game and at one point we're 10 to 3. Teemo and Yi can't force Tristana out of lane so I have an easy time farming despite the fact that they constantly pushed. Eventually the opposing team takes full advantage of their gap closers and start ganking Katarina non stop. She and Xin both play very aggressively and get counter ganked constantly. Eventually they have a ten kill lead on us and we're just begging Xin to stop playing Rambo. Eventually Warwick and I get farmed and we agree that it's up to the three of us to do this. We make the "stick with Warwick" pact. Warwick and I both have Frozen Mallets thus bringing our own cc. Three team fights later and finally we're on top and fully fed. We then take Baron and seal the game despite 19 deaths on our Xin and 16 on our Katarina.

Learned: It is possible to carry a game even one where your team mates start feeding hard. Keep a cool head. Don't go where the enemy tries to make you and focus on a bright late game. In the end though good team work makes the difference. Now I'm Ten games later, five wins, five losses, elo 1206, with a top 1277. Just another average Joe enjoying league with his gal.

Kushsloth

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
Learned: It is possible to carry a game even one where your team mates start feeding hard. Keep a cool head. Don't go where the enemy tries to make you and focus on a bright late game. In the end though good team work makes the difference. Now I'm Ten games later, five wins, five losses, elo 1206, with a top 1277. Just another average Joe enjoying league with his gal.
These are my favorite part of this thread. It's really cool to see new players actually reflecting after their games and learning.

Keep having fun, and make your other half pick up a new role.

ADGarner

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPGUTER SMOOTHIE View Post
These are my favorite part of this thread. It's really cool to see new players actually reflecting after their games and learning.

Keep having fun, and make your other half pick up a new role.
Well she LOVES support. She actually plays a ton of different characters but I guess she just feels the most comfortable with Janna.

I think the only support she doesn't own is Zilean. She likes support lane so much that when Lulu was released let's just say her purse released too. :P

Kushsloth

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
Well she LOVES support. She actually plays a ton of different characters but I guess she just feels the most comfortable with Janna.

I think the only support she doesn't own is Zilean. She likes support lane so much that when Lulu was released let's just say her purse released too. :P
That works, the only reason I suggest it is because there are actually quite a few players in solo queue that are the same way and it's easier to adapt if she has more options.

You two should play some normals and have her play the ranged AD while you play support, that way she'll still be comfortable in lane, for the most part anyway.

ADGarner

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPGUTER SMOOTHIE View Post
That works, the only reason I suggest it is because there are actually quite a few players in solo queue that are the same way and it's easier to adapt if she has more options.

You two should play some normals and have her play the ranged AD while you play support, that way she'll still be comfortable in lane, for the most part anyway.
Well before we did ranked we made sure that she had some characters that she would be willing to play for each role just in case there was some possiblity that some one would take support. Interestingly in ten games no one ever wanted support.

Her other picks were going to be

Galio for middle, Shyvana for jungle, Sivir for carry, and I think Shyvana again for top. It just never came up. At that level no one wants to play support it seems which is good for her cause she likes support best.

MennaVirus

04-21-2012

i must say im highly impressed here. remember to keep communication going if u see it getting tense try and make ur team laugh hell i had a game we were sucking everyone screaming so i scream in all chat "ima f*ck that nexus with my sword!" I was trynd of course they followed i hit my ult ran around base flashed over wall spinned to win over another wall ran into river recalled while we took 2 towers instant mood changer people forget this is a game (yes this was in ranked) also headgames work really really well! try and make em think ur stupid and then take em by surprise people always under-estimate people nowwdays i really enjoyed ur ten games and thought the commentary was funny GLHF GG