Do you like this thread?

This thread is boring and uninformed. 19 17.92%
This thread is entertaining and informative. 87 82.08%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

My first ten games of ranked (daily update)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scorpsan

04-15-2012

ive always like taric and cait lane because if on skype together taric stun cait lays trap behind them and thats a good 5 auto attacks and a piltover whcih at low lvls is guaranteed death or making you go b

Hyura

04-15-2012

Great thread, planning to play rankeds soon
But two DCs? =/

ADGarner

04-15-2012

Let's just say after that last match we wanted to give them a taste of their own medicine. So April picks up Taric and goes to town.

Match 4.
Taric. Malphite. Maokai. Kassadin. Graves (I play top lane as Malphite this match. Girlfriend is Taric.)
Vs
Alistar. Nidalee. Fiora. Kennen. Ashe

Played as Malphite versus Nidalee on top lane. I didn't know what to expect so I took clarity. People frown on that but I find that Malphite can't sustain and I thought Fiora might top lane and Alistar could jungle. Their picks were interesting in that way. During the draft I found myself making rune and summoner decisions based on four potential match ups. Nidalee also has clarity. Seems to try some sort of pounce spear combo. Trades are nearly even in damage but Nidalee has that movement power. Get ninja tabi and start working on Aegis to counter spears. Lane goes well. With all the push power I can check on Fiora's blue buff or snag the golems. I even had time to leave for dragon. Girlfriend on bottom lane lines up stuns on Ashe and Graves gets very fed. April vision wards dragon and I could teleport directly on to dragon from top lane. Graves needs to take a piss and we have a few tense minutes. He returns and we take baron and push out towers for a victory.

Learned: Malphite can push his lane aggressively with ground slam and then leave to check the opposing jungle or gank middle and teleport back if tower is in trouble.

Fluffyknowsyou

04-15-2012

Interesting jungle idea. XD Have you tried warding the opposing buff around 6 minutes? This way you are almost always assured to have vision on its next respawn.

ADGarner

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
Interesting jungle idea. XD Have you tried warding the opposing buff around 6 minutes? This way you are almost always assured to have vision on its next respawn.
I do it a lot when I'm jungling but not when I'm top lane. I use my ward from Wriggles to cover my river and force them to go through the tribush. (Forwhatever reason I tend to be on purple side a lot.)

ADGarner

04-16-2012

Sorry for the late update today. I normally practice with my team on Mondays. We've been doing premade drafts until our AP mid hits 30 and then we're gonna do some ranked. This match just posted was super stressful. They had such annoying champions like Sona, Tryndamere, and Singed.

Match 5.
Janna . Maokai. Nasus. Ziggs. Graves (I play as junle Maokai this game. Girlfriend as Janna)
Vs
Sona. Tryndamere. Singed. Viktor. Kogmaw

Noticed Trynadmere during draft picks and asked team to grab ignite. We had two ignites and an exhaust. Tryndamere did not take smite and their team did not start with a Jungler. I decided to start on blue side blue buff. Shortly there after giving purple side blue to our Ziggs. All lanes were pushed very hard and it was hard to keep up. Opponents were timing their blue buff to gank me. Got me once I learned quick. Opponents take first three turrets early and snatch Dragon. Our team is behind in kills and gold. Their Sona buys an early Oracles and sweeps out our vision. Their team pushes hard on our Turrets but get caught out of position thanks to girlfriend's well timed Janna ultimate. We start making favorable trades defending turrets. Nasus is becoming super farmed. Lose a fight over baron and nearly lose the whole base with Nexus exposed in middle and on bottom. Nasus has to stay back to prevent Tryndamere back door. Game becomes 4v4. Nasus is able to hold Tryndamere's back door and our team crushes with a full compliment of aura items for a victory.

Learned: Baron control has a lot to do with timing. We managed to snag it the second time with no resistance because we were there shortly after it spawned. Also Kogmaw is very easy to snipe if Exhaust is up during a team fight.

set

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Tips for solo que:

Never surrender. Regardless of score.
Learn to play ALL rolls when needed.
Ward your lane.
FARM FARM FARM, Last hit creeps all day.
Don't smack talk to your team.
Learn to counter pick.
Learn the current strong champs.
Itemize depending on who you're going against.
I'd say not to duo que, ruins the game to be honest.
Hope for good luck, solo que is mainly about that.
Learn to jungle low elo aka 0-1500's. Junglers dominate. (a good jungler dominates regardless of the ELO, but low elo people rarely to never ward, or learn from what you are doing, so you can snowball with a champ like Lee Sin.)
Do NOT be negative..........or say negative shiet.
Let people on your team play they're best champ for whatever roll they are doing. Don't risk them playing something that is actually really strong but they aren't good at.
Read guides, even on champs you don't play.
Watch streamers.
Learn from other players experiences and take what they have to say in consideration.
Get dragon control, aka pink wards/oricals.
Barons can turn a game completely around, you could be down 10 kills, then get baron and a fight soon after and win.
Baron control.
The jungle meta isn't about ganking, its about clearing your jungle, counter jungling, jungle control as in buff control. Ganks are good if you can fit them in, but controlling buffs are much more important.

Most popular AP's right now: Cassio, Kennen, Vlad, Ahri, Morgana, TF
Ban worthy AP's: Cassio, Vlad, Ahri

Most popular Junglers right now: Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr, Noct, J4. Shaco, Maokai, Lee Sin
Ban worthy Junglers: Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr (These are the best junglers in the game right now) Maio (i ban him because he annoys me)

Most popular solo tops right now: Riven, WW, Lee sin, Wukong, Vlad, Kennen, Yorick, rumble, Shen, Udyr, nid, Renekton, malphite sometimes, gangplank sometimes,

Ban worthy tops: WW, Lee Sin, Shen

Champs you should try picking. SHEN...is broken. WW is incredibly strong. Vlad is just annoying, not OP but just annoying. Mundo is annoying, Shyvana annoying, Lee Sin in the right hands is scary and annoying. Udyr with MS quints and that jungles correctly is annoying. Cassio, high dps and scary. Ahri, good roamer and can dive towers with team mates when she has ult. I GUESS Shaco..i never ban him or pick him anymore, i think riot ruined him after the jungle nerfs+giving him buffs he didnt need, all you need to do is play passive early on, let your jungler counter jungle all game and you should win.

Other ban worthy champs.
Janna ( i always ban her, if your team can play her then pick her. )
Urgot ( real broken, no one seems to pick him under 2k elo )
Olaf ( snowballs, scary, viking )
Panth ( jungle pantheons are annoying, you really only see them in 2k elo and above)

Panchocobroh

04-16-2012

almost 30 and about to start ranked with a couple friends. This has been a great read for me. I've been playing draft to get ready for it, and this thread is actually giving me hope that I won't get stomped =)

ADGarner

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t panchocobro View Post
almost 30 and about to start ranked with a couple friends. This has been a great read for me. I've been playing draft to get ready for it, and this thread is actually giving me hope that I won't get stomped =)
I'm glad this thread is giving you hope panchocobro! Which parts of my stories are helping you out? When I typed these out I didn't want them to be slogs to read so I just focused on what I thought were interesting details and I'd like to know which parts stick out to you.

ADGarner

04-17-2012

Match 6.
Janna. Malphite. Fiddles. Fizz. Sivir (Went Top lane as Malphite this game. Girlfriend as Janna.)
Vs
Soraka. Sion. Udyr. Ezreal. Vayne

Went top lane with Malphite versus Sion. Extended slightly out of position during early lane and Udyr flashed in for bear stun followed by Sion stun and I was clobbered by the two of them. Purchased ward and covered top lane. Sion seemed uneager to trade. I was able to stop the lane and farm very well eventually achieving 150 creep by 20 minutes and having the most farm out of all champions including opposing team. Worked with our Fiddles to keep Udyrs red buff warded and counter jungled him hard. Our Fizz destroys Ezreal in lane killing him five times before taking first turret. Noticed four of my team mates about to gank bottom lane decide to use teleport to jump in. End up cleaning clocks but accidently garner Sivir's killing blows. Late game there's another team fight near dragon that goes 3 for 3. I ask the team to all go to baron after respawn and also drink up on Elixirs. We take baron easily and tower dive them until gg.

Learned: Test the waters with lane opponent early. There is a possiblity that they will play as if at a disadvantage and then you can free farm and create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Inversely if I feel I'm at a disadvantage then I know I need to find some way to still remain dangerous other wise my opponents will free farm.

Also right after this game it started show us at rating 1277. We were really excited to do our next four matches.