Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you like this thread?

This thread is boring and uninformed. 19 17.92%
This thread is entertaining and informative. 87 82.08%
Voters 106 .

My first ten games of ranked (daily update)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Current Event

04-14-2012

You guys sound super lame, in the coolest way possible. Keep at it and just enjoy the game!

ADGarner

04-14-2012

Quote:
Thedthy:
You guys sound super lame, in the coolest way possible. Keep at it and just enjoy the game!

Lame as in unskilled? :P Or lame as in total dorks?

PDiddy

04-14-2012

total dorks imo ^

in the coolest way possible ;P

ADGarner

04-14-2012

If you've played any ranked at all I'm sure you've all experienced this. Good start but then every thing starts to go wrong. Like so many things go wrong it's hard to tell if that guy who DC'd or not really would have made much difference.

~~~~~

Match 3.
Janna. Tristana. Udyr. Kennen. Jax (I'm Tristana as AD carry this game. The girlfriend plays as Janna.)
Vs
Taric. Caitlyn. Skarner. Fiora. Ahri

Opponents blue invade. We repel them with three kills and two casualties. Kennen DCs. Caitlyn pushes me against tower with her harass. Literally poking the tower she's harassing and attempting to zone so hard. Creep score starts to get absorbed by tower. 15 minutes in and no gank by Udyr despite being pushed against tower nearly the entire time. Behind by 40 creep. Kennen returns. We have a fight outside dragon. Fiora scores a quadra. We stick it out till bitter defeat. I finish the game and April (my Lady!) notices that Skarner has 466 ranked wins. Skarner then gives me advice on how to deal with Caitlyn poke and ride out those long painful lanes.

Learned: If paired with Janna on bottom get some life steal to provide own sustain. If behind in farm a Wriggles can help catch me back up.

SavageWolves

04-14-2012

That is a pretty nasty comp you had to deal with there, although Janna does pretty well in keeping Skarner away.

ADGarner

04-14-2012

Quote:
SavageWolves:
That is a pretty nasty comp you had to deal with there, although Janna does pretty well in keeping Skarner away.

Yeah and that Skarner really knew what he was doing too. As far as team composition goes I notice that the game can really fall over fast if bottom lane gets crushed. Taric and Caitlyn is a tough lane for Tristana because until about level 9 Caitlyn way out ranges Tristana. But if Tristana gets close enough to creep then Taric will try to stun her.

So you're up against turret trying to creep. You know Taric is in the bush. If Janna's tornado comes he just shifts and moves back. So if you hang away from the bush Caitlyn tries to poke at you there. If you try to juke the shots by being close to the bush Taric comes out to stun you so that Caitlyn can shoot you any ways. If you choose to fall back you lose lots of creep off the tower.

Very very tough lane. I learned after wards that certain characters like Caitlyn will require me to change up my items, runes, and masteries to compensate for all that harass.

Z linkin

04-14-2012

what?

Onyx of Darkness

04-14-2012

This is a good read dude, and the fact is, that you are basically documenting what you learn from each match, possibly helping others with item choices/paths. I'll keep reading for sure.

Hyosun

04-14-2012

smartest and most relevant thread I've seen on this forum in months. Good job and I'll keep reading, as I'm learning too.

SavageWolves

04-15-2012

Another thing you can get from this is that Taric + anyone ranged AD with a skillshot nuke or stun (Cait, Sivir, Vayne, Graves, Kog'Maw, even Ashe) can be set up by taric's stun, or by a good alistar combo. Or by a Janna nado or Lulu Q with very very good timing.