Do you like this thread?

This thread is boring and uninformed. 19 17.92%
This thread is entertaining and informative. 87 82.08%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

My first ten games of ranked (daily update)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADGarner

04-12-2012

A lot of people want to know what ranked is like before they dive in. They can prepare and prepare but there's actually not a lot of stories out there I've noticed. I've seen a few "my first game of ranked' posts but always thought it was missing a big chunk of the story. I'll be updating this once a day for the next ten days with both the good and the bad. As you can see below my very first one went great. Also you might notice Janna in most of the games. That's my gal. She LOVES Janna.

Match 1.
Janna. Maokai. Sivir. Ryze. Rumble. (I'm Maokai as jungle this game. Girlfriend is playing as Janna support lane)
Vs
Jarvan. Miss Fortune. Alistar. Viktor. Nocturne.

Starting jungle feels very risky. Probably incorrect runes. Glad I did not get early counter jungled. Avoided doing double golems and instead put extra saplings down on wolves. First gank on bottom lane at level four. Attempted to counter jungle Nocturne and got caught in the woods. Turned in to a full on team fight in the river. Janna didn't show in time and I got myself and the carry killed. Bought a vision ward at level eight and went to dragon. Vision spotted defensive river ward and we got dragon. More reluctant to tower dive in ranked. Blew ghost a lot trying to catch up to team fights that started with out me. Not sure on this but it seemed to work out. I had an easy time zoning Miss Fortune out of the fights. Their tanks could not get to Sivir thanks to Janna knock ups and Ryze root. Took dragon three times and baron twice. Went 9.2.21 for a victory.

Learned: Vision wards are worth it for dragon control.

ADGarner

04-13-2012

Match 2.
Janna. Malphite. Sivir. Annie. Singed. (I'm Malphite as Jungle in this game. Girlfriend is playing as Janna support lane.)
Vs
Vladimir. Brand. Amumu. Vayne. Fiora.

Opponents did not invade. Singed DC's early. Loses half his tower health before he relogs. Fiora and Vayne pushing very aggressively. I move in to gank at level four. Flash q,w,e. Vayne and Fiora retreat towards turret at 25%. Amumu counter ganks and lands on Sivir grabbing first blood. Match continues with Vayne and Fiora pushing hard on bottom. Attempt to gank again. Much more successful gank opened with ultimate for a double kill. A few minutes later Vayne and Fiora are pushing again. Grab a few kills but Brand comes down from middle lane and cleans us up for a triple kill. Fight brakes out over dragon. Our team takes dragon but too many stick around including myself and Vladimir cleans up for a triple kill. Every lane has lost a tower and team is at 15/19 so Annie calls for surrender. My team accepts surrender 4 to 1 for a defeat.

Learned: Be mindful of effective counter ganking. Don't run back in to jungle after cleaning up.

~~~~~~~

Please feel free to comment, critique, advise, or whatever else strikes your fancy folks. Especially if you've had similar experiences with ranked games I'd really like to hear 'em.

TeknoWizard

04-13-2012

Please explicitly state what champ you are, and what position you are playing. Apart from that, all cool. :P

ADGarner

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Please explicitly state what champ you are, and what position you are playing. Apart from that, all cool. :P
Thanks for the suggestion. I made edits to the other posts. When I read over them I thought it was easy to figure out who I was playing but I guess a little clarity wouldn't hurt.

King Kappa

04-13-2012

This is cool, I like this. Keep going.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

If you ever need another queue partner you can add McFlatulence and I'll play with you ADGarner.

You seem like a decent fellow.

Fleshpenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Why did you surrender when your score was 15-19?

ADGarner

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
Why did you surrender when your score was 15-19?
Well personally I did not. However we did lose every lane and one tower in each lane. Brand was fed like crazy having achieve a triple kill. We had low cs scores but we had some good team fights. Team turned sour really fast and my girlfriend was on tilt so she surrendered with the rest of 'em. Her and I talked later and agreed that we wouldn't surrender in ranked matches.

For sappy ****ers out there... before the game we hold hands and say "Win or Lose we do it together!". :P Then it's game face! > : )

Fluffyknowsyou

04-13-2012

Very nice thread, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Your girl sounds like a keeper

ADGarner

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
Very nice thread, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Your girl sounds like a keeper
I'll be sure to remind her. Thanks for the great feedback on the thread.