The Rise Has Began

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chexmate

04-12-2012

We had a member once who asked "What is the purpose of this clan" at that moment I didn't have an answer for him because no one ever asked such a question before, and a day later that person left our clan. The clan that we are known as today came from a game called GunZ, five years ago. Our very first goal was to make new friends and become bigger. As our clan grew we became more popular threw our competitive game play and kindness we gave to every player. At first we made it clear that we were just playing for fun but we began to realize what our new goal had to be, to be the best clan on GunZ. Unfortunately doing this task would be reaching beneath us to try and take the title of a game that has been dead for years now and it would be unfair for the previous clans before us. We are to achieve more, reach greater heights, while some might go reach for the moon, we'll say "F**k the moon". were going to Pluto. and when we do reach Pluto we will continue to go on and never look back. We are a group of like minded individuals who will dominate every game we participate in, Some will say we will never be the best, but we can always be better then the rest. We are the wild card in every deck, the pocket aces in the final hand and we have arrived and are waiting.

The Rise of Top Deck has began.

nickchan85

04-12-2012

have begun*

KhromeZ

04-12-2012

im confused

Chexmate

04-12-2012

I'm sorry but it's began, since this is not the first time, nor the first place i posted this post. Thanks again though

WoLF42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Chexmate, please, do some research before you tell people what you think is the right grammar. Perhaps you are wrong; and in this case you are. Since you are using the auxiliary verb "have", the word begin turns into its past participle, not just past tense
--------------------------------------------
http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/as...articiple.html

2) Part of a verb:

e.g. The stove has heated the room. (Verb: "has"; Part of a verb: "heated")

As a part of a verb, the past participle occurs with the verb HAVE (have, has, had).

Past tense refers to a verb. (Please note that, past participles are not verbs.)

e.g. The stove heated the room.

-------------- The above quoted from the link--------------------
I began playing LoL 2 weeks ago
Server updates have begun.

Please, Chexmate, "has began" makes no sense. Even if it is not the first time, you are using the auxiliary verb "have", thus you have to turn the verb into a past participle.

TLDR; BEGUN IS CORRECT.

Edible Knickers

04-12-2012

Thumbs Up! I love Your Engrish

Chexmate

04-12-2012

We are in the past and future at same time. Can't argue with full ******.

Edible Knickers

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbus85 View Post
have begun*
Bench Warmer... I believe its "Has Begun"