Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patcher bug after restarting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ari Rath

Recruiter

04-12-2012

I was playing a game earlier with some friends and I had apparently not noticed the windows update thing was ticking the background. It started restarting my comp mid game. I was annoyed but I let my friends know I'd be right back (skype was still up after LoL closed). My comp was back on in a couple minutes, I opened up League, and the League patcher went to 33% and stuck there doing nothing. I waited then closed and reopened it, it went to 33% again and this time it started checking files. It did this for at least 15 minutes before doing anything else. When it finally finished checking there was nothing to update. I have had the patcher check some files very quickly before, but this was very different.
I could easily have made it back within five minutes had the patcher functioned properly. I found this quite frustrating. It didn't end up being that big of a deal in my case (my team was able to win without me, I got a leave, but I don't think I have many, or any others) however this could have been quite unfortunate had my team lost because of this or had it been a ranked game.