IP boost (not enabled)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanctima

04-12-2012

I have been playing for a few days now and after the match is over it would display the ip gain in segments so you would know where its coming from. Last night i noticed that there was a segment that was greyed out that said IP boost (not enabled).

I have never bought the ip boost with riot points so am i doing something wrong where im missing out on ip?

Jurgrady

04-12-2012

No. Up to a certain point, you get the boost for being new. It's like the way they give you 400 RP for hitting level 4 or something. After a while the boost goes away, but it still shows you. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think that bar goes away to. But I could just be ignoring it because I know it doesn't mean anything anymore.

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

For new accounts, they give you ip boosts to help you get a bit of ip to buy your first few champions. It disappears after some time (not sure if its time or level based) to avoid you gaining a ton of extra ip for free.

Sanctima

04-12-2012

Ok thanks for that info, that's a shame its going to take alot longer for me to save up points now. I have only been playing intermediate and beginner players vs bots. Is the ip gain alot more for pvp?

TheCarryKid

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctima View Post
Ok thanks for that info, that's a shame its going to take alot longer for me to save up points now. I have only been playing intermediate and beginner players vs bots. Is the ip gain alot more for pvp?
No. I haven't found this to be the case. It's about the same. It's just a lot more fun imo.

Shinako

04-22-2012

I'm pretty sure the IP you get for bot games is half of what a PVP game of the same results would give you.

Sylvrr

04-25-2012

the bonus stops at lv10. play pvp its fun and different! it can go by much faster and you learn new tricks, rather than watching the same bots do the same robotic actions.

LoneBarren

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPewPew View Post
For new accounts, they give you ip boosts to help you get a bit of ip to buy your first few champions. It disappears after some time (not sure if its time or level based) to avoid you gaining a ton of extra ip for free.
its not for free u still need to earn it, but it would be good if it went on longer because not everyone has $50 to spend on riot points, I'm trying to save for rengar and it really sucks that we get such low ip points we get maybe 90 a game if we are really lucky that is over 40 games

ACGIFT

09-29-2012

You get an IP boost (I think it's like +33% or something) for all your matches until you hit level 10. Afterwards, you can use Riot Points to buy an IP boost; one that lasts a set number of days will give you the bonus described, where all matches will yield double IP.

As for what botmatches yield, once you hit level 10, beginner-level botmatches will start yielding lower IP & EXP, going down every few levels. Similarly, intermediate-level botmatches start giving reduced IP & EXP once you hit level 20.

You don't gain a BONUS for PvP matches, it's just that no matter the level, they are not penalized in what you're rewarded, so until you hit level 10, they all give the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneBarren View Post
its not for free u still need to earn it, but it would be good if it went on longer because not everyone has $50 to spend on riot points, I'm trying to save for rengar and it really sucks that we get such low ip points we get maybe 90 a game if we are really lucky that is over 40 games
Keep in mind that there's a lot of less-expensive champions, that are certainly no-less powerful; a lot of the most-banned and complained-about champions are 1,350 IP or less: Teemo is a scourge of below level 30, while Malphite is seen as broken and OP across the board. Alistar's always been one of the top bans in ranked, yet you can get him for FREE.

As for earning IP, you should look into PvP matches: they will wind up giving more once you're level 10+, and can readily give you 100+ IP for a win. Also, don't forget you get +150 IP on TOP of your earnings for your "First win of the day."

PlaneShaDowClan

Recruiter

10-24-2012

im lvl 15 and i have had my ip boost till yesterday and i only bought one with rp but that ended a really long time ago so any idea what happened?