Should the maximum camera zoom out be increased?

Yes! (Any additional reasoning?) 795 86.98%
No... (Why not?) 119 13.02%
Voters: 914. You may not vote on this poll

Camera zoom out is insufficient. Let me zoom out more? Reasoning included.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskdeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Sorry betatrash but I don't like that as a solution. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice we'll be spending way too much time micro-managing a camera. That's not the kind of gameplay I want for myself or this game. I think we can do better than that.

It doesn't solve the vision imbalance either. It only solves the interface blockage. At any given moment, the person with the wider aspect ratio is still seeing more. All this would do is let us reposition our tiny rectangle... which is something we can already do with an unlocked camera. I'll give you credit though, the added functionality would be nice.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

10-17-2012

I remember asking for this back in day 1 of friends and family beta and seeing threads about this all throughout the beta several years ago. They've always been adamant not to zoom the camera out more. It's an issue that Riot has been away of since the very beginning and I'm pretty sure they've firmly decided against ever zooming out more.
I just don't see them changing their mind based on a few forum threads since they never have before.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

And if people stop making forum threads, they'll just figure it's not an issue and never change it. Keep letting them know there is a problem, and maybe they'll finally take the hint and fix it.

Razkit

10-17-2012

I would love to see this implemented.

InShortSight

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqht View Post
. just turn the camera 180*
ive thought of that 2, another idea would be to make the point where the camera locks in customizable via some hotey or something, that way you can have the same zoom and still get a better view from locked camera position

EDIT: wow im used to gd the last post before me is 9 hours lol

The Sexy Sn1p3

11-25-2012

mh

Neo Cyrus

11-26-2012

Have this poll across all LoL boards and you'll see universally that people want to be able to zoom out more. The handicap of having to play unlocked all the time from the purple side is just too much, just constantly managing the screen is so annoying that it sucks the fun right out of the game. So what that it can be done, it's completely anti-fun, it defeats the reason why I play this game, FUN.

Giving people a narrow "paranoid" view is a weak excuse considering how much of a handicap it causes one side. The total winrate for blue has always been higher despite the matchmaking supposedly putting the more skilled side on purple, that's not a coincidence. Also, I call BS on that supposed balanced matchmaking, I'm on purple 90% of the time, I'm not that skilled.

BrainVentillator

11-28-2012

I frequently play mages, I especially love using xerath for his range, I believe he has one of the highest ranges of any champ if not the highest, I do not unlock my camera because it pulls away from my focus and makes it harder for me to watch for ganks, as well as keeping me from being mobile, a still target is a dead target, being able to zoom out more would be excellent, it would allow me to keep my camera fixed while being able to properly use the full extent of xerath's range and remain able to keep out of harm's way

kobera

11-28-2012

I have to say a couple things. Camera should be totally free for us to use however we want, it makes NO sense to say it MUST stay the way it is. There is fog of war, why would it matter if you could zoom out all the way? It makes no difference whatsoever as far as skill goes. And I don't play with locked camera. I would probably use it all the time to zoom out real quick and zoom in real quick, and we should be able to have a flat overview, and full control of the angles as well, it is retarded if you think the way to make the game more challenging is to lock the way we must look at it. And another thing, WE NEED TEAM VOICE CHAT!!! Every other game has it but one of the games that needs it the most??? Dumb.

Gumperino

12-26-2012

I play with the camera fixed. This puts me at a disadvantage. FIX THE GAME.

To be able to see my full view range playing on one side but only allowing me to see part of my full view range on the other side is BROKEN.

I've payed a lot of money into this game. You need to listen to your paying customers.