Should the maximum camera zoom out be increased?

Yes! (Any additional reasoning?) 880 88.09%
No... (Why not?) 119 11.91%
Voters: 999. You may not vote on this poll

Camera zoom out is insufficient. Let me zoom out more? Reasoning included.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mochibuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

In my opinion, by admitting that the option is flawed and needs improvement, therefore also insinuating that it should be a viable option, that should make the issue important enough to fix sooner rather than later. That said, I certainly understand why it isn't a high priority. I would prefer weeding out toxic players over fixing locked camera, but I would still like to see locked camera addressed considering how long it has been since the players have brought to Riot's attention that this is an issue. I don't think it's a good idea to let players continue to use an interface option that is admittingly broken or subpar, and I understand Riot stands by excellence in their products.

As a locked camera player, I've learned to work around its flaws and overall I feel my awareness and skill shot level is above average for the level I play at. I will certainly continue to play as is, but I look forward to Riot providing a better gaming experience for me in the future as I trust the entire player base is important to them.

Snowsprite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Please just allow the same level of maximum zoom that is available in spectator mode. That's it!

kxkid17

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Sorry you feel that way, but we do concentrate our efforts on improving the experience of *all* our players. We have limited time and resources to do things and we try to focus in features that have the most impact.

Locked camera *is* the option to accommodate players who don't want to manage a free camera. You are free to use it or not use it, but we make free camera the default because we think it is the best play experience. While I agree locked camera is not as good as it could be, I would say there are many features we have that can be improved. Locked camera just has not come up as something we want to improve in the immediate future.
I hate to put it this way but you keep making excuses for a feature that seems like a quick fix because you believe that there are more important issues. This has been a huge problem for way too long.

If you had spent the last year working on fixing this issue rather than replying to the thousands of posts on this topic you could have made much more progress. The other thread about this is just you trying to support your desire to ignore the cam lock players with your flawed data and the players continuously proving you wrong(it goes on for 50+ pages). If you don't plan on doing anything about this lock these threads, stop wasting your time, and do something worthwhile.

MrJatt

01-16-2013

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way, but we do concentrate our efforts on improving the experience of *all* our players. We have limited time and resources to do things and we try to focus in features that have the most impact.
This does not hold, if the feature being requested was something big, and required a long time to program, this would hold. But since this camera can be unlocked and moved around only thing that needs to be done is simply offset the locking position.

"Limited time and resources" is only you brushing it off.

Quote:
Locked camera *is* the option to accommodate players who don't want to manage a free camera. You are free to use it or not use it, but we make free camera the default because we think it is the best play experience.
Perhaps this has changed, but when I started playing locked was the default. And again why can't I chose my play style?

Quote:
While I agree locked camera is not as good as it could be, I would say there are many features we have that can be improved. Locked camera just has not come up as something we want to improve in the immediate future.
Another excuse that does not hold, just a little browsing through this section of forum which is specifically for feedback on IN-Game HUB, 2 of the most popular posts on the first page are about this issue.

You may think free camera is the best play experience and that's great, but restraining all players to just one play style that you think is the best is absurd.(Restraining, since locked option is just not viable when playing purple)

Please stop making these excuses.

Captain Doomsday

02-09-2013

I, too, would love to be able to zoom out further. Free camera is only viable some of the time and doesn't follow the player, usually just splitting one's focus.
The camera being too close is the primary reason why I don't play DOTA2, and there's no logical reason why it shouldn't be easier to zoom or flip the UI. Excuses could be made, but considering the actual work it would require vs. how many people it would please and therefore keep as potential customers, it makes sense.

LightBike

02-09-2013

This is a point that keeps on being ignored, why not make the view left to right like it is on the Twisted Treeline?
This is actually a big reason why I stopped playing on Summoner's Rift, playing on Purple side was a big hit to my performance because the champions I usually play are skillshot based. On the twisted treeline I never had this problem because I can always see where my shot would hit. I know there are cases where you are in the jungle and have to fight vertically but those fights are usually only at the beginning of the game.
I would love to hear a different point of view on this and hope that this will be resolved.

PHoToS999

03-10-2013

Personally, I really like the idea of choosing where the viewpoint is offset in relation to the champion. Being able to have it locked with my champion in the lower left or upper right would be perfect for PG aram and would achieve the same result as having the camera free.

As well, I play on a laptop, and not having a mouse is a notorious problem. I've gotten exceedingly good at high speed skill shots and such, but having them be under my hud has ruined so many shots, especially when I accidentally click an item I didn't want to.

However, if we could agree on one fix, how many up votes would it take for Riot to take interest?

Setonkeys

03-11-2013

If you could zoom out further then you could almost get rid of the camera disadvantage that Purple Team has. Then champions with longer ranged skills can see the entire range of that ability instead of just half of it.

Limix

04-18-2013

I would enjoy to be able to zoom out a little more myself.

Waymer1911

04-20-2013

Seriously guys just learn to use the unlocked camera. Yeah sure it's hard to get used to but I guess that's what Normal/Coop vs. AI is for. Just play some practice games with unlocked cam and you will perform better.