It's time for my first 6300 champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kepszi

04-14-2013

Title.

I've bought quite a few 3150's, one or two 4800's and a lot of 450's. It's finally time for my first 6300.

There's only a smallish list of 6300 champions I'm considering, and I'd like your help.

Zed - I really like his abilities, and I love playing Akali, so I feel like I would love him.
Zac - I've never quite played the tank/bruiser roll, and I feel like zac would be fun to start.
Volibear - I heard he got nerfed; however, he looks like a cool champion and jungler.
Varus - Really interested in him, although people just tell me he's an overpriced Ashe.
Talon - Looks like a really cool assassin, I have never heard anything negative about him.
Rengar - I am in love with the way he looks, but people tell me he got nerfed very hard.
Jayce - I love how you can switch between melee and ranged with him.
Fizz - Someone told me he is so so OP
Kha'Zix - Seems like a really cool jungler.

As for my roll in game, here's who I generally play because I love their play style.

Top - Akali, Pantheon, Teemo

Mid - Teemo, Akali, Katarina

Bot - Vayne, Leona

I have to say Akali is my favorite champion, and I'm pretty good with her. All of my friends however, say that my best champion is Pantheon, and that I'm actually really good with him. Vayne is the most fun ADC in my opinion; however, I don't think she's relevant since no one in my list is an ADC.

I don't really know my favorite play style yet, I love stealth and burst, but I love going all out in team fights.

If there is another 6300 champion I didn't list that you think is even better suited, suggest it anyway.

All I ask is that you tell me why I should get the certain champion you select for me.

Thank you, all guidance is greatly appreciated!

Nanoha Magica

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnosaur View Post
Mid - Teemo
Oh god why.

Tarvex

04-14-2013

I'm just going to post a list in reply to your list, OP:

-Zed: I know next to nothing about this guy, sorry. I do know, however, that he takes a degree of skill to use correctly, but those few that know how to play him devastate with him.
-Zac: A buddy of mine loves to play him in the Bruiser role, and he tends to do so quite well. His passive is also kind of similar to Guardian Angel, in a way, which is nice on a tanky character like him.
-Volibear: A bunch of my friends are just starting to get into this guy. He's an off-tank usually, but he's fairly versatile, to an extent, and one of my friends builds him for AD for some reason. It works, and I have no idea how.
-Varus: Ashe 2.0. I personally think he's better.
-Talon: Talon's Talon. He's an assassin. He does assassin-y things. Heck, he even looks like an Assassin from AC. A friend of mine loves him.
-Rengar: Kind of like Talon, but I would personally buy Talon over him. Rengar's been a bit neglected recently, but it's understandable, as most people don't know how to use him correctly.
-Jayce: Probably the only champ of your list that I'd like to try out extensively. He isn't played very often nowadays, but he's still powerful in the right hands.
-Fizz: Very strong AP caster in the mid-lane, and though I don't like his play style, lots of folks do.
-Kha'zix: He's basically the counter to Rengar, even lore wise. That being said, I'd assume his play style is similar to Rengar. He tends to be more favored than Rengar, too.

Since you love stealth, burst-damage characters, I can firmly recommend you check out Kha'zix. You might want to look into Nocturne too, though he's a bit harder to play, in my experience.

Yogg Sothot

04-14-2013

Zed is really hard to master, so is Kha'zix, I think you should have fun with both of them, they play much like some other champs you got, burst style, I would recomend those 2

Arch Fiend X3

04-15-2013

Talon is good the only thing is he only has burst so once you pop your cd's your basically just auto attacking in team fights lol.

Demigod Manolo

04-15-2013

Go with Zed. People say he is hard, i dont think so. He only has 1 skill shot, which is somewhat close range. Really easy to use Zed and dominate. Just keep poking with your Q, W if you want more range or escapes, and E close range. His ult isnt rocket science, you ult, E and Q, by then they should be dead or really low.

Kaimitsu

04-15-2013

I'd go with Zed. No champion is so hard that you can't pick them up and have fun with them. When people say a champion is hard it just means that it takes more practice with them before you get them down reasonably well. It took me about 10 games with zed before I got him mostly figured out. He is a lot of fun, and can do some crazy tricks with his shadows. Loads of fun.

And you can play him in the jungle, although he works better top/mid like Akali.

Lone Leone

04-15-2013

Zac might be nerfed because somebody migh complain OMG he's OP well he's free this week you can try him but remember if you have fun with a champion even when he/she is nerfed you will still have fun with him
Well Talon Looks Like some Assassin from Assassin's Creed and Zed is like Shredder from TMNT
Fizz is ok but I don't play him
Rengar it's annoying for me that a Rengar just like ambushed me when I'm not expecting him so might be fun if you're the one doing it
Kha zix is from the void and he's ok
Jayce is a poker he just keeps damaging me when I'm on Top lane
Volibear is a tank
Varus is like Ashe well only their only the same because they're both ADC and a bow user has stun has a slow but Varus has a skill that can kill an escaping enemy champion

WazzySheet

04-15-2013

I think you should get Jayce as your a new player and picking him up early will pay dividends later on. He can also fulfil almost any role on a team so he can artificially expand your rather shallow champion pool.

646ttm

04-16-2013

Zed - Really strong champion, hard to master but very strong champion
Zac - Pretty good jungler, crazy sustain
Volibear - Really strong jungler and top, does have a slow jungle route early on but it speads up by a lot and he has good ganks and is good in team fights
Varus - Not my favourite adc but a lot of people really like him
Talon - Personally I didnt really enjoy talon but that is just my opinion and if you like him he is still a strong assasin
Rengar - Since he got nerfed hard he really isnt that great any more, there are some much better jungler out there
Jayce - Not played him much but remeber quite enjoying him when I did play him
Fizz - A lot of people really like fizz but when I played him I didnt like him that much as really sucked with him
Kha'Zix - One of my favourite assasins, really good mid, top and jungle, super good at 1v1s and you said you like akali so I think you might like Kha

Personally out of that list my favourite are zed, kha and voli