Riot -- Please stop giving champs "synergy" passives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tN King

08-09-2010

to be truthful its fine the way it is. Of the heroes you listed only kayle is considered top tier or very strong. Vlad is also another strong character but rammus singed and others are not which indicates that this passive does not make a hero "OP".

PhantomChaos

08-09-2010

I think the better question is, when Riot does deviate from the synergy passive craze, what actually will be the next craze?

Sacred123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

I agree, one hundred percent.

The sad thing is, I think this was a poor decision to try and "balance," for example, Singed's stat gain (less mana, therefore, build mana and hey, you're rewarded!)

tN King

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred123 View Post
I agree, one hundred percent.

The sad thing is, I think this was a poor decision to try and "balance," for example, Singed's stat gain (less mana, therefore, build mana and hey, you're rewarded!)
2.5 health for every 10 mana? You know how minor that is?

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

I see nothing wrong with these passives. If Riot wants a champion to scale with a certain kind of stat well to match their intended gameplay for that champion, that's honestly fine.

How else would you make sure Vlad always had a lot of health and AP? What's a better way to make Kayle a hybrid tower wrecker?

Sure, it may not be as interesting, but "Pigeon-holes"? Not anymore than having Malphite's Ground Slam scale off Armor, or having Olaf's Vicious Strikes scale off health, or having Tryndamere's bloodlust proc off crits.

Is it even really that different than having everything Annie does scale off AP? You build Annie either AP heavy, mana heavy, or a little tanky. How do you build Vladimir? Well, either AP Heavy, Health Heavy, or a little tankier (As in defense items). What's the real difference? Would you really be building AD Vlad, or Crit Jax? Would you be building Tank Kayle?

This just seems like a fabricated problem to me. I don't see the difference, and I don't see the issue.

Hacksaurs

08-09-2010

I've found that they stuff these passives on generally lackluster champions to give them the edge over champions that are genuinely good themselves.

Mhm916

08-09-2010

There would be no reason to play Kayle other than her ulti if her passive was not exactly that.

Indexus

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
I see nothing wrong with these passives. If Riot wants a champion to scale with a certain kind of stat well to match their intended gameplay for that champion, that's honestly fine.

How else would you make sure Vlad always had a lot of health and AP? What's a better way to make Kayle a hybrid tower wrecker?

Sure, it may not be as interesting, but "Pigeon-holes"? Not anymore than having Malphite's Ground Slam scale off Armor, or having Olaf's Vicious Strikes scale off health, or having Tryndamere's bloodlust proc off crits.

Is it even really that different than having everything Annie does scale off AP? You build Annie either AP heavy, mana heavy, or a little tanky. How do you build Vladimir? Well, either AP Heavy, Health Heavy, or a little tankier (As in defense items). What's the real difference? Would you really be building AD Vlad, or Crit Jax? Would you be building Tank Kayle?

This just seems like a fabricated problem to me. I don't see the difference, and I don't see the issue.
Be more ignorant. Because few people build those champions other ways, doesn't mean there is no problem.

Heck, I see the problem. After Vlad realse, maybe 2 days I see nothing but AP Vlads. No Health heavy, not tanky, just AP. It's just a only reasonable build for Vlad, because with hp and tanky, he is useless.

I agree with OP. Synegry passives need to stop. Passive turn out to be more of a stat-boosters than fun, interesting addition to your Champion. Or a helpful mechanic.
I just hate, how Vlad buys pure AP item and gains from it more, than I do with Annie.

I also hate, how developers can't come up with other passives, that don't force champions in certain builds.

Lasy note: OP, don't bring into that Lore. It's not valid argument, because lore isn't an important part of the game for a large part of comunity. They don't care and by default are blind to any walls of text.

Zeunchainn

08-09-2010

I like these passive.
In Dota there was primary attribute str, agi, int wich guide your item build path.
I think these kind of passive a similar to primary attribute in dota.