Riot -- Please stop giving champs "synergy" passives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akyio

08-09-2010

It seems like they are just running out of ideas for passives
I think the next few champions will have passives like this :

AP increase for % of attack speed bonus you have
AP increase of bonus extra movement speed
AP increase of p.def

Is there anything left?

Gooze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

You forgot Shen, stacking Health gives him Pure Damage every 8 seconds(lowered by attacking him).

On a side note, Rammus' Passive sucks big time, you won't be doing alot with your "1337" damage with your 0.8 attack speed.

sehakoziel

08-09-2010

I am pretty new to the game, but I can immediately agree with the thread from a game design perspective. I have a ton of xp from shadowbane, and I can tell you that when vampires first came out, they were absolutely deadly because they didn't have to worry about mana. Instead, they were putting all that would be mana points into additional health / intelligence, and low and behold they were tanks that could dps you to death.

Fact: Reducing the number of abilities that the champion needs to focus on to succeed inevitably gives an advantage as was mentioned. It is common sense and cannot be argued against.

And lastly, Vlad is OP IMO. Not only because he doesn't have to worry about mana, but even just his spells alone are really really strong with very low cd.

Edit: typos typos !

soupdelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

So I've been an avid Kayle fan for a long time.

So.. right now our ability ratios keep getting nerfed but we get free ability power.

Why couldn't her ability ratios and damage be balanced and then she gets a passive? It's lame.

Arcanist

08-09-2010

There are plenty of characters that are very creative and can be build in different ways. If people want to bore themselves with these champions, let them. Their synergy passive limits them to a certain build so it evens out.

Canti

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearingHeat View Post
/sarcasm

Yeah, I wish all heroes had awesome passives, like Pantheons kill-stealing one.
where he gains a shield every 4 attacks that blocks the next attack that does more than 10% of his HP? @_@?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acranist1 View Post
There are plenty of characters that are very creative and can be build in different ways. If people want to bore themselves with these champions, let them. Their synergy passive limits them to a certain build so it evens out.
Is annie a viable tank? would you stack HP on her? why not? because it would make her damage useless, same with dps.

vladimir on the other hnd gets AP from his HP so he can go tank, and not lose damage, so opposed to annie, he has 2 builds (annie has 1: AP)

same with soraka, can she go AD? no because it would gimp her heals, but kayle can go AD and still heal like a pro, because of her passive

also kogmaws passive is almost universally considered bad, same as karthus' and most of the others mentioned, the best passives are the simplist;

annies, twitch, garen, WW, nasus, master yi etc etc.

jerzy

08-09-2010

I hate this thread.

Arglist

08-09-2010

+1 OP

I love Riot, but these synergy passives have to go. Very boring and unoriginal.

KevinPJH

Master Recruiter

08-09-2010

There fine.. Just leave it..

AGCrew Bloodwolf

08-09-2010

There? Oh u mean "they're".

Honestly, I agree with the OP. Every new hero gets the "get X to get Y and get Y to get X" mechanic on his/her passive. It's not that this is bad, it just gets old if EVERY new hero gets this so much in a row. And it does make it seems less interesting than say, a new and interesting mechanic on the passive (like Kog Maw's).

I remember when the QQ was about the reduced dmg passives (Panth/Poppy). It now seems it's the synergy's passive turn.