Why do people play ranked when they don't play it properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

11-23-2012

Here's what I hate...

First pick bans Kassadin, Morgana, and Shaco

First pick picks Karthus

Enemy team picks Kat... *facepalm*

OR..

Enemy team picks Kat.

Everyone on the team discusses how to counter Kat and counter-picks their lanes and our team comp is looking good.

Last pick picks Karthus.

(For anyone who doesn't know, Kat > Karthus in lane.)

I'm so tired of people who think they can carry a game, and they simply CAN'T.. They don't know how.

I hate ending with between 0-4 deaths, while the rest of my team has 7-15.

I'm tired of my Duoqueue partner, who is quite good at mid, being forced to Support because some idiot who has never won a ranked game playing mid before insists that they are going to carry.

I'm tired of people bringing "troll" champions into games.

Yes AP Yi CAN be effective.

Yes, Mid Soraka CAN be effective.

Yes, SOME Heimerdingers can hold their own and even go so far as to carry.

Yes, Karthus CAN jungle.

But if you pick things like this in ranked, you're trolling your team whether you know it or not.

CZ Slider

Recruiter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyWatch View Post
Thats why people like to play ranked. To have a proper league experience.
However, people are starting to ruin it by bringing normal game attitude.

I don't know if its just my low elo, but it is very frustrating.
Yeah I think that kind of attitude is every where. I was at 1505 because I won a lot of my placement matches and was doing very well. Then I got a bad player who fed and lost it for us (lost 45 elo). Then I lost 2 other games because of players that didn't react. Went down to 1300 and when I started winning, my placement elo was up so now I'm stuck at 1300. It's quite frustrating to get 17 to 6 (overall team kills) in the early game and still watch your team throw the game. People not reacting, people saying "there's always next game its just a game get a life etc.", and other excuses to the "I don't react and I don't play the game properly". I've lost my gold ranking and I don't know how long it will take me to get out of this Elo hell I'm in, but it's not going to be anytime soon because I've played about 10 more games of winning and losing and I'm still only at 1321. I've also seen in a lot of games while I'm at 1300 I'm in a team full of unranked people going a against a team that is currently at gold, also vice versa. I think Riot needs to fix that because I'm on a team not at that skill level while the other team is 200 elo ahead of them.

ChaosBunny1

11-24-2012

Just make a ranked team so you'll always have good teammates. Problem solved.

Phsic

11-26-2012

I find it funny, that this thread is filled with others blaming others, as if mistakes aren't made by everyone at anytime.Assuming when you post or complain, you are automatically in the right and everyone else is in the wrong, that's what's annoying about ranked-failure to acknowledge fault- your own fault.

Jaxller

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phsic View Post
I find it funny, that this thread is filled with others blaming others, as if mistakes aren't made by everyone at anytime.Assuming when you post or complain, you are automatically in the right and everyone else is in the wrong, that's what's annoying about ranked-failure to acknowledge fault- your own fault.
so.... have you ever played a game when bot went 0-8 when you were winning top lane? has a member of team decided to go AD sej because, "hey it's a game!"

welp, obviously it's your fault that you can't carry harder than a fed 12-1 fiora can truck, or do more damage than a nasus with 200 farm at 15 minutes, or recover after your jungle gave ever lane a free kill to the other team.

i understand that the other team deserves to win for being truly better than your team, but it's your 'team' not you, as a player's, fault that this round you got grouped with a bunch of R-tards and you can just hope that next game you play against the same idiots. also, it's worth noting that statistically, if your in "elo hell" you will get out eventually as there is lower chance of your team having a feeder than the other team because you already know that you, (and possibly a duo q partner) probably won't feed but the other team might.

Phsic

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxller View Post
so.... have you ever played a game when bot went 0-8 when you were winning top lane? has a member of team decided to go AD sej because, "hey it's a game!"

welp, obviously it's your fault that you can't carry harder than a fed 12-1 fiora can truck, or do more damage than a nasus with 200 farm at 15 minutes, or recover after your jungle gave ever lane a free kill to the other team.

i understand that the other team deserves to win for being truly better than your team, but it's your 'team' not you, as a player's, fault that this round you got grouped with a bunch of R-tards and you can just hope that next game you play against the same idiots. also, it's worth noting that statistically, if your in "elo hell" you will get out eventually as there is lower chance of your team having a feeder than the other team because you already know that you, (and possibly a duo q partner) probably won't feed but the other team might.
You're failing to acknowledge that at one point, you have fed/ will feed and you'll simply blame it on another's actions. Either that, or you'll ignorantly reply, " I've never fed or lost a lane." I doubt the majority intend to die when they play a game, it's a matter of being outplayed, instead of acting and assisting the majority spend their time complaining. Every once and awhile, you're on the other side...feeding and yelling at your team that it's their fault you've lost your lane.