Why do people play ranked when they don't play it properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steNchdot

04-12-2012

Just started playing Ranked some of the players play worse then bots im surprised they reached level 30

Powerstoned

04-12-2012

Hoping tat the other 9 people are more likely to take the game seriously.

Madraac

04-12-2012

Egg - have you ever played a support player? They can be extremely rewarding, even moreso than carries. Your job is to save your team and often, if you do this right, you are the real difference between winning all team fights.

Think MMO's.... a skilled healer is always in demand, just like a tank, but dps are a dime a dozen often. Do not criticize the meta because you think it should be different, instead, learn more roles.

To the OP, yes it is a major issue as low elo = playing the same way as ranked. However, once you ping 30 and get 200+ wins in PvP games, you start to group with more and more players that are knowledgeable to some degree. There is nothing like the satisfaction of a non ranked game where you see people move to the jungle to protect Blue and Red, or outright full invade the enemy jungle with no complaints, only positives.

The issue that I see with the game, is the negativity of everyone. How many times has any of us been called for feeding, and you look at the scoreboard and realize the person who is saying it has just as many deaths or more, but has 1 more kill than you, so it must be your fault. Negative attitudes are attributed to more losses than anything else in my opinion.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
I dislike the attitudes everyone brings. Everyone comes to ranked thinking they are number one. They are the best and they don't suck, it is always everyone else's fault.

If you make one mistake or bad decision one of your team mates will claim you suck and you are going to lose and completely ignore all of their own mistakes.

These attitudes also tend to lead to people not working together. I have been on so many teams that refuse to go for blue dragon, or do/bait with baron. I typically play tank and when i ping these things no one comes. When I tell people I am diving a tower, follow me and destroy them when I mumu ult no one follows me because they still think the tower will target them even though it is on me.

Last game I had someone who did not participate in a single team fight. They farmed the whole game, even when minions were in our base. I wish I had friends that would play with me but I don't. So it is random game to game as to whether or not you get team oriented people.

I have also noticed people come into ranked with ONE champion in mind and we will end up with 3 people fighting for mid and being stubborn or no tank. Or we will have two solo top champs or no jungle. So the team comp ends up sucking.

I have gotten to the point when I recognize the game for what it is. I am not a pro, but I am not horrible either. At the end of the day if I have good team mates willing to work together I will probably win, if I don't it is a toss up that lately hasn't been falling in my favor. Other days Ill play 4 games and win them all.
Nailed it on the head.

Especially the "one champion in mind". If you don't know at least 3 characters in every role to a decent skill cap then you shouldnt be in ranked. It's stubborn and outright annoying to have someone say "oh i cant support" or "i dont play AD".

Making mistakes is normal, but you can be carrying and STILL get blamed. I remember I was like 12/5/10 Ahri or something and carrying the team. I accidentally get caught out of position ONCE and the Maokai starts blaming everything on me, even though he's like 2/10. Yes we lost Baron, but apparently the fact everyone else got hit by the sejuani ultimate doesnt count, just that I died before they baron'd. People are just morons.

The attitudes people bring are sour, rude and completely arrogant. EVERYONE thinks they belong in like 1.5k ELO, everyone blames everyone else and cant admit to mistakes. Everyone also acts too serious. It's like calm down, its a game. I know you want to do well, but its only a number.

My normal ELO is higher than my ranked ELO. This is because in normals I play with friends and we can work together and carry together. Solo/duo queue ranked isnt just about being good, its your potential to carry 1-4 people on your back. If I do say so myself, I'm an excellent team player, and I can have some amazing scores, but I'm not perfect and I don't have the certain traits required to single handedly carry a game.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraac View Post
Egg - have you ever played a support player? They can be extremely rewarding, even moreso than carries. Your job is to save your team and often, if you do this right, you are the real difference between winning all team fights.

Think MMO's.... a skilled healer is always in demand, just like a tank, but dps are a dime a dozen often. Do not criticize the meta because you think it should be different, instead, learn more roles.

To the OP, yes it is a major issue as low elo = playing the same way as ranked. However, once you ping 30 and get 200+ wins in PvP games, you start to group with more and more players that are knowledgeable to some degree. There is nothing like the satisfaction of a non ranked game where you see people move to the jungle to protect Blue and Red, or outright full invade the enemy jungle with no complaints, only positives.

The issue that I see with the game, is the negativity of everyone. How many times has any of us been called for feeding, and you look at the scoreboard and realize the person who is saying it has just as many deaths or more, but has 1 more kill than you, so it must be your fault. Negative attitudes are attributed to more losses than anything else in my opinion.
I played support all the time if I'm one of the last picks, usually soraka or alistar. The point is I would rather play something else, nobody goes in thinking I'll play a support this game (majority of people don't). Trust me I know what you mean with MMOs, I've played FFXI hardcore and then WoW through the first two expansions, healers never start out as wanting to heal, they switch to healing when they realize how much easier it is for them to be a needed commodity. You always have more DDs than healers/tanks, but at least in MMOs you know you are getting some that wants to heal.

In league it isn't like that, you can get stuck where nobody is willing to support and if I'm second pick I'm not taking support because as most people know, if you get stuck supporting you can't carry a team to victory, it's probably the hardest roll to impact your team to the point you win games. I've been bot as soraka/cait and we must have been 10/0 and tower down in the first 10 mins, but the AD carry can't kill fed tanks/tanky dps from top/mid/jungle.

Fluffy1

04-13-2012

only difference between ranked and normal is ranked shows your elo. thats all.

Frychikn

04-13-2012

ya the worst is these people can easily be in gold elo.

or maybe even in gold people are garbage... not sure.

but ya these people need to gtfo rank

DroppinBombs

04-13-2012

A.) They think they can handle it.

B.) They want to get better, and honestly normal games are just full of trolls.

C.) They are trolls and don't care about any one else's ratings, nor their own.

Or D.) All of the above.

Powerstoned

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
only difference between ranked and normal is ranked shows your elo. thats all.
actually there's also at least a 1% chance of less leaver's/afker's in ranked.

All I want is a 5v5, not a 3or4v5, with 9 other players that try all game long, and don't pull the "phone call" or "bathroom break" or "knock at the door" or "my mom needs to give me a bath".

My best chance at acheiving this, is choosing Ranked, regardless of elo. Riot needs to change this.

Anzila

11-23-2012

I prefer playing support in Ranked. The only role I don't really feel comfortable playing is ADC; I can usually hack by in unranked, but half the time our other bot drives me crazy. I usually end up either as jungle or support, depends if we get one of the support/adc duos. I can understand tunnel-vision, and not understanding every champs abilities or whatever. The people who consistently autoattack minions and push their lanes without wards or a strong poke are the ones that make me scratch my head.