Why do people play ranked when they don't play it properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToyWatch

04-11-2012

What is the point playing ranked if you are keeping the attitude of playing a normal game? Hoping for a free ride? In ranked, it is fun because everyone tries to win. Players don't play ranked to do whatever they want, but play ranked to win. The result of 5 people playing together and compromising to achieve the goal of winning a game is the most ranked has brought to me. But srsly, we rarely get that kind of game. I don't know if its just the elo 1200, but people need to know what they need to do in ranked. Today i really have met a lot of trolls in ranked. Here is something that i found so frustrating in ranked:

#1Teammates won't stop splitting and farm on their own in late game.
This is so frustrating because in late game, people with items gank and push powerfully. Splitting and farm alone is just forcing your team to fight a 4vs5, which literally is pushing your team to death. They will always say, why engage i am not here? The game has cc for a reason. As simple as sion, got a boost from teammates, flash then land a stun, then one is gone. Trying to save him might bring to a worse result.

#2 Not playing your roles properly. This always happens on support. They just don't ward, and don't harass. Or, they play nid as an ap carry at bot. This is so frustrating.

Rufilin

04-11-2012

I am Level 29, though I thought getting higher in Levels would mean, better players and better understanding the game. I remember when I very first started a month and a half ago that I didn't know what I was doing, though I figured it out, I asked questions and learned to play the game properly. I like to ward, but having to buy 5 wards and no-one else warding is frustrating. I am wasting my gold on wards and people are not helping by not taking the extra time to place a few wards around the place. I love to jungle, I love playing a AD carry as well. Though I see people not trying to last hit minions, not helping out when there is a ping and if they see someone that has killed them a couple times, they just run and don't fight. This annoys me the most, because like you said, in a team fight and one runs away though they have full health, really makes it hard to win a team fight, unless your team is fed. I see a lot of "gg noobs" and all this after game has finished and you think "really?" that's a bit low. It just annoys me that people do this, sure not everyone is going to play well, but it brings down the others who actually won't to play properly, try their best to play well and play the game to their full advantage.

ToyWatch

04-11-2012

Thats why people like to play ranked. To have a proper league experience.
However, people are starting to ruin it by bringing normal game attitude.

I don't know if its just my low elo, but it is very frustrating.

Rufilin

04-12-2012

I am sort of hoping that it fixes itself up when I hit Level 30, though I am not ready to play ranked just yet. Though I would like to play with a team that will ward, do everything proper, get dragon when needed, etc...

DHCP Server

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

when i get to level 30 i wont be playing ranked until i am completely comfortable playing

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

I play as good as I do in ranked as I do in normals. I do try my best and I like everyone working together.

If I do act kinda spastic in my typing though, its because I want to have fun, not because I dont take it seriously. People get wayy too serious and offensive about a totally useless number and increasing it to a higher, but still useless number.
I understand you want to win and do good, but don't act as if the world is ending if mistakes happen or people arent 100% as serious as you.

Jei

04-12-2012

They should fix matchmaking so that it revolves not only around your rating, but your amount of normal 5v5 wins, so you don't have those people that have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Eggochiggo

04-12-2012

The issue also revolves around the meta, do you think anyone wants to honestly play a support player, people play to kill people whether it be ranked or normal. The meta didn't always require a support, if anything Riot should adjust the game so you can due AD bottom or an AP and an AD bot. People don't want to sit there healing their teammate who gets all the gold, how is that fun for them?

Personally I will play for the team, but people don't want to do that, until you are in the 1500-1600 ELO you won't find supports play correctly in most games. I do blame the player, but I also blame the meta and how it's set up.

Dane Belthound

04-12-2012

I dislike the attitudes everyone brings. Everyone comes to ranked thinking they are number one. They are the best and they don't suck, it is always everyone else's fault.

If you make one mistake or bad decision one of your team mates will claim you suck and you are going to lose and completely ignore all of their own mistakes.

These attitudes also tend to lead to people not working together. I have been on so many teams that refuse to go for blue dragon, or do/bait with baron. I typically play tank and when i ping these things no one comes. When I tell people I am diving a tower, follow me and destroy them when I mumu ult no one follows me because they still think the tower will target them even though it is on me.

Last game I had someone who did not participate in a single team fight. They farmed the whole game, even when minions were in our base. I wish I had friends that would play with me but I don't. So it is random game to game as to whether or not you get team oriented people.

I have also noticed people come into ranked with ONE champion in mind and we will end up with 3 people fighting for mid and being stubborn or no tank. Or we will have two solo top champs or no jungle. So the team comp ends up sucking.

I have gotten to the point when I recognize the game for what it is. I am not a pro, but I am not horrible either. At the end of the day if I have good team mates willing to work together I will probably win, if I don't it is a toss up that lately hasn't been falling in my favor. Other days Ill play 4 games and win them all.

ZOMGTURTLE

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggochiggo View Post
The issue also revolves around the meta, do you think anyone wants to honestly play a support player, people play to kill people whether it be ranked or normal. The meta didn't always require a support, if anything Riot should adjust the game so you can due AD bottom or an AP and an AD bot. People don't want to sit there healing their teammate who gets all the gold, how is that fun for them?

Personally I will play for the team, but people don't want to do that, until you are in the 1500-1600 ELO you won't find supports play correctly in most games. I do blame the player, but I also blame the meta and how it's set up.
You can totally take a non-support bot with your AD carry. It just isn't done often because your AD carry scales best with farm, so you're hedging your bets by trying to make them into a monster at the support's expense. There is a counter-meta strategy to take 2 bruisers with gap closers bottom to shut down their AD carry and send a safer AD carry like Graves or Vayne top, though this is hard to accomplish in solo queue, where most people follow the meta (which exists because it's the most efficient strategy currently).

Also, my ranked rating tends to hover between 1300 and 1400, and I main support (fits my play style best), and constantly go against other good supports. You don't have to be almost gold rating to find good supports.