Pantheon and backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niggerr

08-09-2010

Just played a game recently on The Twisted Treeline.

The game was actually fairly well balanced, and at about 40 minutes in, each team had pushed in a lane, claiming an inhibitor. The purple team (Pantheon's), had taken our Nexus tower as well.

We gathered up and pushed bottom, and flirted with engaging them for a little bit. Purple's Amumu grabs one of us and initiates with his ultimate. While he does, Pantheon uses his ultimate, and drops right beside our nexus, and begins to attack it as the previous creep wave had just left.

With amumu and ryze attacking us, we had no chance of casting a teleport back to base, and were helpless to defend the nexus.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Or is it a grin and bear it situation.

Zannypants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

Not much you can do. I wouldn't necessarily call it skill, but it seemed like they/panth knew what he was doing.
You could of kept one person on D, but really you had no way of knowing.
Again, not much you could of done, different comps can pull of different things.

Eppa

08-09-2010

Usually when this situation arises I just defend and hope to ace them and quickly push for a win.

Johis

08-09-2010

Nothing you can do except plan for it and keep someone behind to defend. A number of champions can do this, too, or anyone with Teleport (assuming one wave of creeps is decently close), so if your nexus tower(s) are down, you should always have someone behind to defend. Incidentally, this would be a good time to remind you that your blue pill has no cooldown or mana cost.

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Important note: if you have the summoner skill teleport then only amumu's bandage toss (or panth's aegis of zeonia) on that can interrupt it, but a good backdoor is quite difficult to stop because typically by the time you see it it's too late to stop.

YOURDOOM

08-09-2010

As a quick tip:
Often backdooring might take several attempts. One time I backdoored for my second (or third) time (with pantheon), and found Garen waiting right there for me. It was a free kill for them, and much to my distress the turret/inhib was not taken. If the oposite team has someone with that kind of abillity, e.g. Twisted Fate, or Pantheon, expect that kind of trickery, and if a turret/inhib gets weak, have someone play Defense, as Zannypants suggested.