League 64-bit crashes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gato Muerto

04-11-2012

Never had an issue, running Win7, x64. Odd thing is that Starcraft2 crashes on my machine like no tomorrow. :P

BSoD tends to be RAM or Video related. Check drivers, check the error logs. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Look in the "Windows Logs" for System as well as Application after a crash for additional information on what is failing.

ZetsubouFallen

04-11-2012

"This Stop message usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, either main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer. Another cause of this Stop message is the installation of a buggy system service. Disable the service and determine if this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows 2000 Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. Antivirus software can also trigger this Stop message. Disable the program and determine if this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this Stop message. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. Restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk. Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it. For more troubleshooting information about this Stop message, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support."

Faulty ram maybe, try to run a memtest to stress your ram a lot in a long activity time, like 4 hours.

if some error shows up..better get RMA on it.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

The particular Stop Error you got is usually caused by types of bad Ram, or an overzealous Anti Virus.

It can also be caused by bad system services.

Please note the emphasis on Anti Virus and System Services. These both are on an elevated privilege level from typical software, making it HIGHLY unlikely League is the culprit.

TJPetrakis

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v N i C k View Post
I built my own system. Here, I'll give you specs.

Manufacturer: I built it
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz (quad core)
RAM: 8gigs, Corsair Vengeance series.
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Power Supply: Thermaltake 500w
Yea you definitely need an upgrade on video card. You got a lot of power running for such a bit of need. You'll definitely be able to stand an upgrade on video.

Vuliev

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCTX View Post
League has been known to do hard crashes on 64 bit Windows 7.

No true solution was given to me in the help sub-forum, after ruling out any other possible cause, I was asked to submit logs and other files but no answer was given back after that.

The error comes and goes on different patches, I currently suffer from it in the LoL adobe air client (I suspect this little piece of software is the culprit) but only after several minutes of inactivity. Once in-game I've never hard-crashed like this.

Sorry bro, we just have to live with it
I've been running Win7 64bit for almost two years now, and I haven't had a pagefault bluescreen in 18 months. My video card's been overloaded a couple times, but not the particular BSOD you guys have had. Like a couple others have said already, it might be your RAM--check that out and make sure everything's okay in that department.

El Gravy

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPetrakis View Post
Yea you definitely need an upgrade on video card. You got a lot of power running for such a bit of need. You'll definitely be able to stand an upgrade on video.
A 460 is more than enough for League.

fireworkmuffins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

1 - He doesn't need a new video card
2 - I have 64 bit, built my own machine, similar specs but i have the 560 ti graphics card
3 - It's a ram issue, it was happening to my old machine before I built this one. I decided to "screw it" and just start from scratch since everything in it was out dated.

N0G00dN4m3sL3ft

04-12-2012

I'm on 64 bit, no BSOD, but League randomly completely locks up the system. You really need to analyze the dump file created when a BSOD happens, it will most likely tell you what the problem was. You should also run memtest, or some other such memory check program to see if its good.

Ridiculed

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCTX View Post
League has been known to do hard crashes on 64 bit Windows 7.
[...]
This is bull bro. Don't lie like that. Ever issue that RIOT has responded too has ended up being a hardware fault. I've been playing for 2 years on a 64-bit system. The only time it's crashed was when I fried my RAM. He should run vtest and memtest before complaining that it's the client.

You ever herd the term 'pebkac'?

blkplsgo

04-12-2012

It does for me. I would take a screen shot but oh wait....

Seriously though, it doesnt do it when I play WoW, HoN, Dota2 or Skyrim. However, it could be a ram issue.

It only does this when LoL is running.