Viper's Wonder Lab! [Open/Semi-Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Silver smiled slightly at Lily's remarks.

"Well I couulld tell you... Though I don't think you would like his answer anyways.... And of course, Miss Lily, I'll do whatever you want... Its your heart anyways."

Ethelyn let out a startled squeak when the armor spoke, almost jumping out of her seat when she heard it. She clasped her hands together rather nervously, timidly replying to him as she did.

"... P-please... D-d-do..."

Bright Oblivion

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Tao looked over at Sigmund after taking a few bites.

"So what did we miss while we were out?"
Sigmund glanced toward Tao as he was addressed and shrugged.

"Hmm...Disagreements between miss Rose and miss Lily, disagreements between miss Rose and Silver, and miss Rose being forced into a dress. Other than that, not all that much. Unless you count miss Rose impaling her hand with a butter knife."

-----

Quote:
Rose tapped the side of her head a bit too harshly, blood started to trickle down from her temple though it seemed she did not notice the pierced skin while she spoke. "Whenever I kill something or someone their soul gets trapped in my head. I am a literal prison, that is why I can absorb it and that is why I need to consume them. I could barely hear Trevor's voice at first, but the more I killed, the more clearly I could hear him. He was corrupted, and I could hear his voice. I stopped talking because all I needed to do was talk to Trevor, all I needed to hear was his voice, despite the hundreds, the thousands, of others in my head, I only needed to hear his. And what did I do to repay him?"

Rose snarled at Emily, "I let my hunger get to me! Before I completely snapped, because of my stupidity, I lost him a second time! The only reason I haven't gone and drowned myself is because I'm trying to honor his memory, but it's so hard to! Only Emilia and Claude made me feel comfortable, and one is a dead girl trapped in a crystal fragment and the other is a man possessed by a demon! I am a weapon made useless because of emotions, I can't do the one purpose I was made to have and now I am wearing a dress in the middle of Piltover talking to a complete stranger as though they give even the slightest #!@$ing d*mn about me!"

The demon hunter's miasma started to seep out from her, enveloping her shoulders like a dark cloak that dribbled away into nothingness.
Emily snorted.

"If I don't give 'even the slightest d*mn about you,' why am I out here talking to you? Do you think I enjoy hearing myself talk? Or that a favor for miss Lily is enough to keep me near a demon hunter whose fists just broke a wall if I had no other reason?"

"Can I tell you something, miss Rose? I didn't ask about Trevor. I wasn't going to ask about Trevor. And do you know why? Because only someone close to you would give you a nickname like that, would make you react that way. And I wasn't going to get anywhere near that, no matter how curious I might have been. Believe it or not, I might actually give a cr*p. I might actually see you as more than a broken weapon or a monster, as amazing as that might seem to you."

She took another slow breath, not taking her eyes off of Rose.

"And of course it's hard to honor his memory. Did you really think it would be easy? He was your brother. And if he was the only one you needed to talk to, he must have been a good one. If you want a good start, though, I'd suggest reminding yourself of what he saw, trying to remember that you weren't always a weapon. Just staying alive isn't good enough, and isn't what he would want. Is it?"

She shook her head.

"And even a weapon's purpose can change. If you can't meet the one for which you believe you were made, change it. You can do that. And it's what miss Lily appears to be offering you a chance to do. To protect a child from those who would do her harm, or even use her to do further harm. She may be eccentric, she may be unpredictable, but miss Lily isn't stupid. She sees something in you, or she wouldn't trust you anywhere near her daughter. I assure you of that."

Grand Viper

01-29-2013

Lily laughed her usual laugh. "Can you make me fall in love with a six foot seven Freljordian with washboard abs? Now seriously, I want to be given the choice when I die. I'll explain more when Vince decides to come and talk."

Youay's suit spoke up yet again, There is a 47.421% stress increase in your back. I will repair this.

The doctor's back would start feeling a soothing massage drum away at his muscles.

---------------------------------

When Rose yelled, it was not a normal yell. The miasma ignited and started to twist and burn around her in an amalgamation of holy flames and eldritch fire, burning the wall behind her. Her voice itself became convoluted, barely recognizable, "THEN WHAT DO YOU SEE?! I HAVE NOT SEEN MYSELF SINCE I WAS TEN! NOT SINCE I KILLED HIM! WHAT. DO. YOU. SEE?!" Rose's eyes flared up, her fists cricked as she tightened them, "Tell me what apparently everyone else sees, but I do not."

--------------------------------

Lily clicked, "Sooo...anyone else hear that yelling?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Silver couldn't help but laugh at Lily's first question.

"I think you should have made that choice a long time ago, Miss Lily. But anyways, we can talk about that later... Perhaps when everyone leaves..."

Her antennae twitched once as she heard Rose shouting. She sighed and rolled her eyes

"Miss Lily, you don't mind peeking outside for a moment, yeah?"

She then walked over to the door without waiting for the mechanical hand's answer, opened it and leaning against the door frame, but not stepping completely outside. She eyed the demon hunter for a moment before speaking rather bluntly to her.

"Seeing as you're asking this question to everyone in the entirety of Piltover, I'll gladly tell you what I see. I see a lost little girl crawling around in an adults body, screaming and crying 'woe is me, no one understands me!' yet she barely gives anyone a chance to try. You're miserable and wallowing around in your own little, disgusting mud pit of the past, yet ignoring the people who are trying to help you out of it. So you killed a few people? Big whoop, so have I. Mothers, fathers, children, you name it, I've probably torn their head off at one point or another. Do I enjoy that fact? No, but I deal with it and continue to function as a 'normal' being. And yes, I see that you have about a billion other problems, but guess what? Its time to be a big girl now, Rose, and face your problems because you're going absolutely nowhere by continuing to sob about them."

---

Ethelyn heard the voice from the suit, and pouted slightly as it spoke. That was her job to help Youay relax. She was about to say something else when Rose started her shouting, and she let out a startled squeak before latching back onto him again and burying her face on his shoulder.

Bright Oblivion

01-29-2013

As he heard the yelling outside, and felt Rose's aura intensify, he tensed. His hands closed into fists and his jaw set stubbornly as he fought against the overwhelming desire to go out and rip into Rose, possibly literally. As Silver spoke, he sat like a very annoyed statue, staring straight in front of him, barely registering the words she said to Rose. Emily probably wasn't going to like that.

---

Emily would have responded to Rose, and told her what she saw, were it not for Silver cutting in and pounding the beehive with a stick. Really? Did she actually think she was helping, or did she just think it was her divine mission to antagonize Rose and ruin anything anyone else was trying to do for her? Mentally, Emily railed, torn between wanting to scream and wanting to strangle Silver for making what she was attempting to do all that much more impossible. Physically, she took a deep breath through her nose before turning to Silver with a very forced calm and speaking in a tone that, despite the politeness of the words, held a sharp edge.

"Miss Silver, please go back inside and close the door."

Her eyes flicked to Lily, almost silently asking the hand for help in dealing with the alien. She had enough on her plate dealing with an irritable demon hunter without Silver's 'help'.

Grand Viper

01-29-2013

Lily waved at Silver on her way out the door, "No no, go ahead, this will be entertaining for the both of us."

Once Silver had finished saying her piece, the miasma grew thicker. Rose's eyes narrowed as she growled at the alien, "And how do you suggest I do that? Almost every single one of my problems was solved by killing it. There is something opposing you? Strike it down. There is someone in your way? Slaughter them. You have emotions? Dismiss them. You have a conscience? Remove it. That is what I was taught, that is what I became, that is what I have done for so many years, so how exactly do you suggest I 'suck it up.' You wouldn't even be hearing about my problems if it weren't for her!"

When Rose pointed at Lily, the flames dripped off her finger and hissed upon touching the floor, purple tendrils curling and disappearing the moment it touched stone.

"And why am I the one being blamed here?"

"YOU PUT ME IN A DRESS."

"And I put Vince in one almost every other week...day, whatever, point is so what?"

"The point is why are you keeping me here? Why do you want me to be here? You went out of your way to find me when I was leaving! I am not your problem!" She pointed at Silver, "Or hers!" She pointed at Emily, "Nor hers! Like Silver said, boo hoo, poor me, that is what I get for when I try speaking even the slightest bit about my d*mnable feelings! I am still getting used to talking! This is probably the most I've said in years! I don't remember saying this much in a week nevermind in the past hour with you people!" The demon hunter took a step towards Silver, her teeth bared, her blue eyes now completely lost as even they started to spark with fire. "You don't like me in the slightest, Alien. You have no reason to help me, none of you do, except for something that will benefit you! The hand wants me to stay here to act as a guardian to her child for some gods' forsaken reason! Why me over anyone else?! Why not you, alien, or Emily, or the werewolf, or literally anyone else more trustworthy than I?!"

Rose swatted at the air as she spoke in the an mocking tone. "So thank you for your generous hospitality, give me my whip and I will leave you and take my problems, a lost little girl crawling around in an adults body, screaming and crying 'woe is me, no one understands me, and I will gladly leave because it is not whether anyone understands me! I don't understand how they look at me and don't see what I see!"

Rose grabbed at her face and promptly tore off a healthy chunk of it, showing the muscle that lined her skull. Her free hand's fingernails dug into the muscle and parted it, until she finally showed her cheekbone. On the bloodied bone, one would see the source of the flames, flitting out in little spurts from strange, runic engravings on the actual bone itself. If one knew the glyphs well enough, they would be recognized as angelic glyphs.

"...So Silver, maybe you were a little too blunt there, huh? The girl's kinda nuts." Lily whispered in the alien's ear.

"I am a weapon, through and through! I was made to be a weapon, my entire body thrives on being a weapon, that is all I was taught to do, that is all I am capable of, that is my entire upbringing the moment I killed him. This is my problem, this is my issue, I will deal with it and I will leave you all be. I see no reason for any of you to help me." Rose slapped her flesh back clumsily into place, the miasma reached down and seemed to grab the bloodied mess. They carefully kneaded the skin and muscle back onto Rose's face, and thin scars the only evidence of her injury.

"That is what I see every, single time I look in the mirror. I don't see a person, I see a tool. I see a weapon. I see something that is broken, that doesn't work, that has a single duty and they are not fulfilling it. I see something that is not working. People want to offer me help when it is none of their business, it is not their place, they will gain nothing if they help me save for some selfish desire or want. I will deal with my problems, on my own, without any of you, so go ahead, d*mn me for my talking, insult me for speaking, you were all better off when I was a threat rather than an oddity to point at and wonder about because at least we kept distance from one another, give me my whip and I will leave you all be."

Lily seemed to almost laugh. She clicked quietly into Silver's ear, "Let's see if you and Emily here can do this diplomatically. I can't wait for the two of you to poke holes in her argument." The hand whirred, "On the other hand, Emily's starting to frighten me slightly. Maybe we should do what the nice lady says."

Silverling

01-29-2013

Silver looked as if she were about to say something to Rose, but remained silent as Emily spoke to her. She eyed her for a moment, her antennae twitching slightly. She then shrugged, simply saying one word in response.

"Fine."

She turned and slipped back inside, letting the door close behind her, muttering something in an alien language under her breath. The demon hunter had clearly irritated her in some way, though she wasn't going to be saying why any time soon.

Bright Oblivion

01-30-2013

Emily watched as Silver returned inside, visibly relaxing as the door closed. After a few moments, she turned to Rose.

"You say that you're a weapon, miss Rose, that your sole purpose is to kill others. You say that that's how you've been raised, that it's all you're capable of. And yet, the only person who has been physically harmed this morning is you. Despite being ravenously hungry, despite being absolutely furious, you've only spilled your own blood. Not mine. Not Sigmund's. Not miss Lily's. Not even miss Silver's, as infuriating as she can be sometimes. If killing is all you're capable of, shouldn't someone be dead by now, at your hands?"

Emily shook her head, regarding Rose calmly.

"But everyone's still alive, and all you've done is hurt yourself, something that no weapon can do. I can't dispute that killing is all you've been taught to do, but it's clearly not all you're capable of."

For a few moments, Emily went silent as she examined Rose, then nodded to herself.

"You want to know what I see? I see a woman who has enough strength to withstand the loss of her brother not once, but twice, both times at her hand. Killing is all you know. It's been all you've done for so long that you think it's all you're capable of. But something changed. All your emotions, all of the human things like hunger, pain, and exhaustion, everything that you've hurled into a box and buried away? It's all broken loose. And all you seem to want to do is lock it away and go back to the way things were. You don't like it. You aren't proud of it. But it's what you know, what you're comfortable with."

She smiled sadly and shook her head.

"I'm not sure how you could get back there, if you could get back there. And I don't think that your brother sacrificed himself just so everything could go back to how it was, in any case. Do you?"

She nodded.

"Yes. What you are has changed, and you're not able to do what you've been doing. But if there's little to no way to change what you are, then you have to change what you're doing. Right?"

Another pause.

"Miss Lily wants you to serve as the guardian of her child. Why you, and not me? Because I'm a healer, miss Rose. I'm not a protector. I deal with problems after they happen, but I'm not the best at stopping them. Why not 'the werewolf'? Because Sigmund is too busy trying to protect everyone else from himself. And because the demon hunters would enjoy nothing more than if they found him while he was trying to protect miss Nina. I'm sure you realize that."

She glanced toward the door and the alien behind it.

"Why you and not miss Silver? I don't know. Miss Silver doesn't know, and it probably irritates her. Miss Lily has her reasons. Good luck getting them from her before she wants to tell you, though."

Equiste

01-30-2013

Lucina moved out of the way, simply watching what he was going to do. Like she said, she wasn't here to stop him from doing anything. She remained there, quietly listening in. She wished her mother had done something like that with her incidence. But she couldn't help but feel he missed one of her points. When he mouthed to her she gave him a 'with any luck' smile. She moved to the wall, leaning up against it.
"I think I'm fine over here." She said with a friendly smile. She felt she should leave the room, but also felt that the wall was more comfortable than it should be.

Grand Viper

01-30-2013

Once Silver went back inside, Lily clicked, "Silver, a few things. Do humor me, please, because there is a point to this. Do you remember the last time our friend Jack was here? Do remind me, what was the last thing you did to him?"

---------------------------------------------

Rose stared at Emily, not responding to a single one of her questions. The fire eventually died down to mere flickers, the miasma started to recede. The demon hunter looked away, leaned back on the wall and quietly thought. It was as though she was trying to process what was said, and how she would respond.

"...I don't...want to be a burden. To anyone else." Her blue eyes flicked over at Emily, finally making eye contact with the woman once more. "I'm not sure why I'm here, but if I stay, I will be a burden. Anyone who associates with me, ends up hurt. Dead. I draw in danger. Do you remember when we met at the restaurant? Your werewolf was nearly ready to attack me, not because of his own accord. I'm..." The demon hunter tilted her head, trying to find the word to best describe her. "I'm a beacon. It is hard not to notice my aura, my signal, anything. I'm...I'm honey, that attracts...flies?"

Rose shook her head, "That's stupid, that's not the saying. How did it go...?"

-----------------------------------------

Vince patted Nina's head affectionately, "There we go, dear. Feeling a bit better?"

"Mhm..."

"Good. Now I'll be in the kitchen. Lucina, stay here with Nina for as long as you want, if anything is up, come get me. Alright?" He looked over at the little girl, "Is that alright with you, dear?"

"Mhm."