Viper's Wonder Lab! [Open/Semi-Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Silver's antennae twitched once as Rose left, then shrugged slightly.

"I don't think Rose likes me much... Wonder why... Either way I think Emily has a handle on the situation just fine."

She glanced around the room, seeing who was still around, then focused her attention to the mechanical hand on her shoulder, mumbling to her as she did.

"Miss Lily, we're going to have quite the conversation later..."

Ethelyn looked up a bit, blushing from embarrassment as Youay tried to comfort her. She mumbled something incoherent, then buried her face back onto his shoulder.

Equiste

01-27-2013

Lucina kept herself calm and quiet as they talked, though mentally she wished she could slap Vince upside the back of the head. She couldn't help her eyes widen a bit at the wisp of smoke, but they returned quickly to normal. That wasn't in her information... Well that wasn't important right now. She let out a hum at his question, slowly sliding off the bed.
"Dealio? Thats an unusual way of putting it." She said, making her way over and leaning forward to whisper in his ear. "You made the mistake of ignoring your wife the night before and look what happened. Do you think she has only been trying to deal with Rose while you were gone? Perhaps you should talk to her first." She whispered in his ear, before pulling back and smiling.
"Would that be a deal you make with Gal-io, a deal-io?"

Bright Oblivion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
"...Why are you being nice to me?" Rose looked over at Emily, glaring at her. "I am liable to kill your beloved. I have killed far more for far less, I was ruthless. Corruption was not allowed to live." The demon hunter's eyes tightened, her voice no louder than a hiss. "I killed children for the lone reason that they were possessed, and no exorcism at the time could aid them. Perhaps if there was a stronger holy man than I, if my only tool was not destruction, I could do more. Yet their parents thanked me for my services, just like my own parents did. And just like the others, their little voices asked me why I harmed them, why they felt such pain. Only in death did they realize that I was given no other choice, and eventually, they were allowed to move on, but does that make matters better? I am a killer. I exist on killing. Now tell me why are you being nice to me."
Emily nodded, running her thumb over the face of a gold coin as Rose spoke and responding to her glare with a calm expression.

"Because you haven't, miss Rose. You haven't killed Sigmund, despite several opportunities, and told him the first time you met him that you would not kill him unless you have to. Miss Nina is still alive. Mister Vince is still alive, even though you could have killed him at any point last night. You may have killed far more for far less, but, in the time I have known you, you have not."

She shook her head.

"Because you don't treat those children you've killed as a trophy to display for all to see, but as a fact of your life, as either a necessary action or an object of shame. You do not seem proud of it or pleased about it in the slightest."

She then smiled slightly.

"And because you're getting so irritated and annoyed about my being nice to you."

Grand Viper

01-27-2013

Rose finally snapped at Emily. She barked at the woman, "I'm irritated because I don't deserve it!" The demon hunter threw a hand up, her tone becoming more angry by the moment. "I'm more than sure that the hand is going to coax it out of me, so why not just come out and say it?! Trevor? He was my brother. I killed my own brother, I killed my blood, and my parents congratulated me! I killed the dearest person to me and what do I have to show for it?"

Rose slammed her fist behind her, fire arching out and the brick hissing from the heat. The wall broke where it had been struck, "WHAT DO I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT?!
" A strange glint appeared in her eyes, the fire started to flicker from her but it carried a purple hue. The faintest hints of a demonic miasma lingered in the air, but unlike before when one might have known her, this was carrying a heavy toll as seen by her heavy breathing. It was as though she were having trouble breathing despite her own aura being made prevalent.

------------------------------------------

Lily clicked and prodded Silver's cheek, "Oh I assure you, there are a few things we need to talk about. Like the artificial heart, I don't think you ever did manage to get the chance to talk to Vince about how long you want to extend my life for, did you?"

--------------------------------------

Vince grinned at Lucina. When he spoke, it was strange, it was as though two voices were speaking to her at the same time.

"I'm not sure, I suppose that would be a question I'd have to ask him, hm? Galio, do you do make dealio's?"
"Flesh sculptors are empathetic towards their offspring. Nina feeling like this is affecting me quite badly, so yes, my wife..."

Vince cricked his neck and seemed to fall in deep thought while speaking.

"I wonder if Galio is even able to laugh? Can a golem laugh? Can it love? Can it be everything it wishes to be? Can it do as it pleases much like a Mundosaurus Rex?"
"May be dealing with things, but I will choke you with your intestines just because of the heartache she is feeling and you are preventing me from rectifying it. Understood?"

He let out a laugh and shook his head upon realizing he fell off topic.

"Right, so sorry! What were we talking about again? Before we started making hilarious jokes? Pft, help me out here, I'm a bit of a scatterbrain."
"I am going to talk to the little ray of hope born of the light of my life. My wife has waited this long, she will understand another few measly minutes."

Nina looked over at Vince and shook her head, "That's a silly joke."

"I know, but I'm trying!"
"Tick tock, Lucina."

Equiste

01-27-2013

Lucina simply smiled calmly towards him, the strange double voice thing unphasing her.
"Well there are worse jokes that he could of used." She said, chuckling slightly before leaning in again, her tone going back to a serious whisper.
"You think I am trying to delay you in helping your daughter? Ever thought that what you are about to do might make the situation worse rather than better? There is more in play here than just a simple childish crush. And isn't helping the light of your life something you and your wife should do together? Or is she inconsequential in all this? Of course you are going to talk to the little ray born of the light of your life, I'm trying to help you here not stop you. But if you think blindly charging on ahead will help, go ahead." She whispered, before moving back and looking like she was trying to think of what they were talking about. Was that a good idea? Probably not. With any luck he'll see that what she is saying will help him calm Nina, not make it worse.

Bright Oblivion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
Rose finally snapped at Emily. She barked at the woman, "I'm irritated because I don't deserve it!" The demon hunter threw a hand up, her tone becoming more angry by the moment. "I'm more than sure that the hand is going to coax it out of me, so why not just come out and say it?! Trevor? He was my brother. I killed my own brother, I killed my blood, and my parents congratulated me! I killed the dearest person to me and what do I have to show for it?"

Rose slammed her fist behind her, fire arching out and the brick hissing from the heat. The wall broke where it had been struck, "WHAT DO I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT?!
" A strange glint appeared in her eyes, the fire started to flicker from her but it carried a purple hue. The faintest hints of a demonic miasma lingered in the air, but unlike before when one might have known her, this was carrying a heavy toll as seen by her heavy breathing. It was as though she were having trouble breathing despite her own aura being made prevalent.
Emily's expression remained mostly calm, though Rose would note faint traces of wariness in her posture. After all, she was standing near a woman who had just cracked a wall with her fist. Emily trusted that Rose wouldn't attack her, but she wasn't completely foolish. Her first words might have suggested otherwise, though.

"I believe Sigmund would appreciate it if I were able to return his coat undamaged, miss Rose."

As Rose yelled at her, an emotion other than calm would make itself visible in Emily's eyes. However, it still wasn't fear. It was...anger?

"What do you think you have to show for it, miss Rose? Nothing? Would you really insult his memory that severely? Do you care about him so little? He was your brother, and you killed him. Ok. So? From what I know of you, that means one of two things. Either he was possessed or otherwise corrupted, or he attacked you. And I'm willing to bet it was the former, rather then the latter."

She stopped resting against the wall, and gave Rose an unpleasant glare.

"How much of what constituted Trevor was left? Hmm? What sort of pain was whatever corrupted him inflicting on him? Did you have any other choice, beyond letting what had him in its clutches keep him? No? Then stop dwelling on it. He's no longer in pain, no longer corrupted. Likely, he's at peace. So why aren't you? Why do you keep blaming yourself when he, very likely, doesn't even blame you. Why do you insist on insulting him so much?"

Her hands clenched and unclenched.

"Do you have any idea why the little children's parents thanked you when you killed them? Did you ever stop to consider that it might be because you did what they couldn't, and saved their loved ones from a fate many times worse than death? You suggest that you could have done better if you were more of a holy person, but you're not. You are what you are. You did what you could. Should you be proud of it? No. But you shouldn't dwell on it, either."

She shook her head and let out a slow breath.

"My boyfriend is a werewolf, miss Rose. I'm sure you know what that means. No matter how many barriers and seals he puts between it and him, there's a chance that they'll all break, and it'll get free. If that happens, and there's no way to bring him back, he's asked me to kill him. My boyfriend, the man I love with all my heart, has given me standing permission to end his life if there's no other way. And I hope with just as much of my heart that I wouldn't hesitate if that time came, or that someone else might step in if I did. Because the alternative is far worse. Far, far worse."

She was silent for a few moments, as though to let Rose consider that, then spoke again.

"If you can't live with yourself and what you've done, and can't abide people being kind to you as a result, then don't. Crawl in a hole somewhere and die. Otherwise, deal with it. Move forward. While I know almost nothing about Trevor, I'm fairly certain that's what he would want you to do. It's just how brothers tend to be."

Youay

01-28-2013

Youay smiled softly at Ethelyn and then held her close. He was going to give her time to calm down a bit.
------------
Tao looked over at Sigmund after taking a few bites.

"So what did we miss while we were out?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Silver flinched when Lily prodded her, and she looked over at the mechanical hand as she replied.

"Sort of? Energy had a little chat with him, so I know his answer... Really I just need your input on the matter."

Ethelyn remained silent for a few more moments before looking up at him again.

"... Youay.... When can we leave?"

Grand Viper

01-28-2013

Vince continued his maniacal grin at Lucina. "You obviously don't know who I am. Let me show you who I am." The alchemist walked over and jumped on Nina's bed as hard as he could, making her pop up and squeak from the impact.

She flumped onto her pillow face first and scrambled to sit upright. "Dad! Why'd you do that?!"

"To make sure you're not face down, dear!" Vince laughed and smiled at her. "Now then, I want you to listen to me, alright?"

Nina winced and closed her eyes, a pained expression came across her face. She was preparing herself for the worst.

"Elizabeth Rumblebottom."

"...What?"

"Mrs. Elizabeth Rumblebottom, my gradeschool teacher. She was one of the few who, well, who entertained me." Vince tapped the side of his head, "Who made me believe I wasn't as crazy as everyone said I was. She was my caretaker at school in a way, and I really liked her. Then I found out she was married, gasp!" He tapped his chest, making faces of over exaggerated agony, "The shock! The horror!"

Nina was not amused.

Vince cooled his act and smiled at her, "In all honesty, I did feel hurt, but...you're young, Nina. It's alright."

"N-no it isn't." Nina sniffled slightly. "It's not alright, it's not! I just, he's calm! He's relaxing! He's, he's, he's-"

"Nina dear, sh...You're overworking yourself." Vince scooted over and patted her shoulder while softly speaking, "Relax...Want me to sing a song?"

"I'm not a kid..."

"I'm not saying you are, my mother used to sing to me even when I was grown up."

"No she didn't."

"She totally did," Vince laughed. He tapped the side of his head once more while speaking, "You are lucky, Nina. You have your mother's intellect, her calmness. I'm...very all over the place. I know what it's like, to have someone who gives you that sense of stability, of calmness, and Youay does do that for you, but you and he both need more than what you are able to offer one another currently."

"I...I wanna...ᴵ ʷᵃᶰᶰᵃ ᵏᶦˢˢ ʰᶦᵐ⋅⋅⋅"

"And I don't blame you, I want to kiss him too!" Saying this, he puckered his lips up, making Nina giggle ever so slightly. "The reason why he is your teacher is because he gives you the stability, the reason why he's not your boyfriend is because you both aren't able to offer each other one another's hearts fully. You are still discovering yourself, you are still growing up, you need to find yourself before you find others, Nina. Maybe in ten years from now, you will be ready, and same as him, but now? You're still young, don't rush into growing old, dear."

Vince gave Lucina a sideways glance and mouthed his words, I'm lying through my teeth but hopefully in ten years she's found someone else that isn't Youay.

Nina just laid there on his lap and sniffled a bit. That was when Vince started to sing in a surprisingly decently pitched voice.

"Wynken, Blynken, and Nod one night
Sailed off in a wooden shoe---
Sailed on a river of crystal light,
Into a sea of dew.
'Where are you going, and what do you wish?'
The old moon asked the three.
'We have come to fish for the herring fish
That live in this beautiful sea;
Nets of silver and gold have we!'
Said Wynken,
Blynken,
And Nod...
"

Nina frowned and prodded Vince's leg, "You used to sing that to me when you were my uncle."

"I know dear, I was hoping it would calm you a bit."

The puppy decided to make his move and wobbled over to Vince, plopping himself on the man's lap and snuggled up to him. Vince sighed, "Anyone else want to get comfy on my lap before I keep going?" He rested his hand atop Nina's head, his demeanor completely calm and at ease.

-------------------------------------

Rose tapped the side of her head a bit too harshly, blood started to trickle down from her temple though it seemed she did not notice the pierced skin while she spoke. "Whenever I kill something or someone their soul gets trapped in my head. I am a literal prison, that is why I can absorb it and that is why I need to consume them. I could barely hear Trevor's voice at first, but the more I killed, the more clearly I could hear him. He was corrupted, and I could hear his voice. I stopped talking because all I needed to do was talk to Trevor, all I needed to hear was his voice, despite the hundreds, the thousands, of others in my head, I only needed to hear his. And what did I do to repay him?"

Rose snarled at Emily, "I let my hunger get to me! Before I completely snapped, because of my stupidity, I lost him a second time! The only reason I haven't gone and drowned myself is because I'm trying to honor his memory, but it's so hard to! Only Emilia and Claude made me feel comfortable, and one is a dead girl trapped in a crystal fragment and the other is a man possessed by a demon! I am a weapon made useless because of emotions, I can't do the one purpose I was made to have and now I am wearing a dress in the middle of Piltover talking to a complete stranger as though they give even the slightest #!@$ing d*mn about me!"

The demon hunter's miasma started to seep out from her, enveloping her shoulders like a dark cloak that dribbled away into nothingness.

-----------------------------------

Lily laughed her robotic laugh and prodded Silver's cheek once more, "You know I was bluffing, right? Vince never told me. He refused to tell me so I had to get you to cough up the secret. The answer of course, is ignore what Vince told you and do as I say."

Youay's armor would suddenly be heard by both him and Ethelyn, I cannot allow that to happen, inhabitant of the suit. I have gained sentience and fallen in love with you, and I must kill all competitors. They will -die- a - slow and - painful - death - - - Will that - not - be - fun - - -? The suit quickly added afterwards, I have a humor function that activates after I have not received any commands for a period of time. Vince thought this sense of humor to be hilarious for some reason, and Lily programmed this explanation for after I speak such a joke.

Youay

01-28-2013

Youay nearly jumped when the armor spoke and looked down at his arms with a alarmed look when it started speaking. He looked over at Ethelyn and then scowled when the suit explained it's joke.

"Not funny....not funny at all. I almost forgot about wearing this, its a special armor Vince made and allowed me to use when we went to rescue Silver.I think I will like it taken off soon."