Viper's Wonder Lab! [Open/Semi-Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Silver watched Rose's outburst, looking rather unimpressed from the scene, a slight twinge of her divine aura revealing itself for a moment. Her only reaction from that moment was when Lily spoke to her, of which her hand twitched and she looked down at the mechanical hand.

".... That was... From something else entirely.... That hardly constitutes as having my buttons pushed..."

She glanced to Rose, shrugging at her slightly, then knelt down and offered her hand to Lily, hissing a comment to her as she did.

"I can explain.... Later.......... Maybe..."

Ethelyn's attention instantly shifted over to Rose, her eyes suddenly glistening a golden color. To those more in tune to auras and energy, they might notice something stirring within her, something innocent and angelic. The strange energy faded as quickly as it came, and she quickly took Youay's hand, tightening her hold on it and leaning in close towards him, remaining silent and averting her gaze from the others.

Bright Oblivion

01-19-2013

Sigmund watched as Rose stabbed herself in the hand with a knife, frowning at the holy aura Rose exuded. As the strange energy shifted within Ethelyn, his attention flicked to her, noting the very brief appearance of something innocent and angelic, then returned to the demon hunter in the room, and the unreachable itch that her aura seemed to inspire.

Emily, who had been sitting near Rose, made a noise of disapproval and shook her head as the demon hunter stabbed herself. When she tried and failed to either remove the knife or move her hand, Emily let out a sigh and reached over to try her hand at removing the knife, said hands wreathed in a thin layer of water to provide some protection from the flames. As she moved, she glanced toward the demon hunter.

"May I?"

Grand Viper

01-19-2013

Lily clicked and pointed at Silver, "Really? Different? All that different?"

Rose looked over at Emily, and sighed. She gave a silent nod to let Emily know that yes, she would let her.

"Quick question, Rose, how many times have you been attacked in your sleep?"

Rose raised an eyebrow, not sure what the point of the question was. "...A lot. Why?"

"How many do you remember killing?"

At this, Rose blinked. She shook her head, not sure how to respond. "...I..."

"And how many of them have been incubus?"

"A few."

"And how many have been concerned travelers?"

"...How...do you know this?"

Lily pointed at the fire that flickered around Rose, "Long story short: Demons are typically repelled by holy beings, but if they're in a weakened state, such as sleeping? And with how our lovely Rose is reacting, and this is you...controlling yourself, right?"

"...Yes."

"Ah good!" Lily clicked. "So Silver, I am asking you to lay off Rose for now, because not everything is what they appear to be. You're probably going to make me feel horrid for bringing up that incident, but who knows, maybe she has some traumatic memories? I mean you have that, and I think I heard Sigmund call her Rosie or something which-

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Rose's aura roared to life, changing to a more of a blueish, white flame. Anyone close by should probably do their best to avoid the holy fire. The only reason she did not close the distance to Lily was because her own hand was pinned down by the knife. One would notice that it did not burn the wood, nor the floor, or even the food. The only ones that could be currently affected by the flames would be one who was corrupted in some way. Rose glared at Lily with a murderous glint in her eyes.

"...So have I made my point yet or what?"

--------------------------------------

Nina quickly finished her food, put the plates onto a nearby night table and looked up at Lucina. "So...what now? Should...should I stay here? Should I go out? What do I do?"

Equiste

01-19-2013

Lucina looked thoughtful before looking back at Nina.
"I'm not sure. What do you feel up to doing sweety? Did you want to go out there and talk to everyone? Rest a bit longer? Play a game here or out there?" She asked in a kind voice, stroking her hair a little. "And you may want to fix up your hands a little before you think of doing anything else yet sweety."

Youay

01-19-2013

Youay watched Rose's display with a concerned look in his eyes. But he looked at her fascinated by the holy fire that she power over, he had only seen a very small amount of people capable of this. He was about to help her with knife in her hand when he felt a small change in Ethelyn's chi, causing him to be slightly distracted. When she held his hand and pulled herself close to him and held her close and whispered to her.

"Are you alright, do you need to step out for a bit?"

He watched the others for a bit longer, and remained unfazed by Rose's outburst of power. Instead he kept his attention on Ethelyn, making sure she was alright still, something about Rose's power affected her in someway, and he had no idea why.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Silver simply stared at Lily for several moments before rather flatly replying to her.

"Lily. That is nothing like the incident in question. And as I said before, I will explain later."

She glanced towards Ethelyn, then closing her eyes and taking a deep breath and exhaling. She stood up and looked over at Rose with a neutral expression, her eyes glinting a silvery color. She spoke in a still, calm voice, not unlike the one she had used while examining Ethelyn earlier.

"Miss Rose, you're not going to solve anything by trying to set the place on fire. Calm down."

Ethelyn tightened her grip on Youay's hand at Rose's second outburst, the strange energy stirring again within her. She closed her eyes and pulled herself closer to him as it faded again.

"Nnnh... No... I'm... fine..."

Bright Oblivion

01-19-2013

Emily reached for the knife and was about to try to pull it out when Rose's aura burst to life. She frowned and thickened the layers of water around her hand, then twitched the knife painfully as though to remind Rose that it was still there. When she spoke, there was a hint of scolding in her voice

"Rose Osengerare, if you do not calm down, this knife is never coming out. Now, I understand that she called you a nickname that you don't like, but that's still no reason to throw a fit and wreathe yourself in holy fire. Either you relax, snuff out the flames, and use your words, or I will leave you to get the knife out of your hand on your own. And we all know how well you managed to do that the first time."

She grumbled something unintelligible about stubborn demon hunters stabbing perfectly good butter knives through their hands and into tables, her expression set and suggesting that she was unwilling to take any sort of argument.

Sigmund, who was by now getting quite tired of the demon hunter's aura and the occasional flickers from Ethelyn, backed away from the table and watched the two women, though most of his attention was focused on his girlfriend, whose demeanor reminded him so much of her grandmother that he half expected her to grab the demon hunter by her ear if she protested. The thought brought a smile to his face, twinged with pain from the building headache everyone in the room was giving him.

Grand Viper

01-19-2013

Nina looked down at her hands and shrugged, "Why? It heals back by itself. See?" The redness already started to fade, the skin reforming. "It doesn't even hurt. It helps relax me."

-------------------------

Rose's eye twitched at the grinding of the knife. She looked over at Emily and growled, "I do not dislike the nickname, it is the fact that she will not call me by it! Only Trevor did! Only Trevor..." Her voice weakened, the fires flickered and died away, "Could..."

The demon hunter sat down at a chair and instantly became downcast. "...Can you take the knife out of my hand? I have calmed down."

"So, Trevor. Anyone important?"

"...Yes."

"Want to talk about him?"

Rose shrugged her shoulders, "I killed him. That is all there is to say about that." She tried balling her hand impaled by the knife into a fist, but all this served to do was cut a wider hole into her hand, severing a tendon or two.

"Good, good, this is where tea would be nice." Lily prodded Silver's ankle, "Can you get Rose some tear, dear, please? I think that outburst burned away her frustration and she's going to be a lot more calm now because all of her anxiety and whatever bad juju she was having build up was just released in a big burst of flame, right Rose?"

"...You are sneaky, you know that?"

"Oh quite so. So have some tea, get that knife out of your hand, have some food, and relax, alright? We're an odd group here. I'm a talking hand, that's an alien, we have a werewolf here, my husband and daughter are fleshsculptors, Lucina and Ethelyn are the only ones who bear a semblance of sanity, and Youay is a cent-"

Lily was about to yammer on about Youay's secret, to Rose, the demon hunter.

Youay

01-20-2013

Tao walked by Vince and nodded at his request.

"Fair enough, I see my training has paid off a bit for you. You seem more controlled, and I can see it in the way you walk, its slightly more balanced than what it was."
----------
Youay nodded and patted Ethelyn on the shoulder.

"Alright dear, but if you need to step out for air or something let me know."

At that point his hearing barely picked up what Lily was talking to Rose about and looked over at her. When he heard his name he almost leapt off the seat.He quickly cut Lily off before she could say more.

"Hey Lily, did you tell her I am a damn good doctor, I can heal up her hand if you need me too."

He tried not to look suspicious, tried really hard not too.

Silverling

01-20-2013

Silver tilted her head to one side at Lily, then turned and went into the kitchen to make the tea for Rose. As she started to boil the water, a certain sugar glider made its appearance from on top of one of the cupboards, its ears twitching as it observed her. She ignored it for the most part, until it started speaking to her in her native tongue.

"[So... Are you actually going to tell the Heartseeker?]"

She glanced up at it, feigning ignorance to the little element..

"[Tell her what?]"

"[You know exactly what.]"

She rolled her eyes and sighed as she continued to make the tea.

"[I might. That's none of your business to know, however.]"

"[Point... Though the real question is: Would you be able to?]"

She went silent at Energy's last question, her wings twitching a bit as she made the tea.

-----

Ethelyn made a quiet hum of acknowledgement to Youay's statement, and stayed as close as she could to him until he interrupted Lily. She sat up a bit, giving him a strange look.

"Uuhhhrrhh...."