@Riot Ranked Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doonhijoe V

04-13-2012

As awesome as ranked would be, I don't think it is ready yet.

Champ balance is hard on dominion since SR is the main attraction for LoL's competitive scene and dominion balance isn't considered too heavily when they buff/nerf champions.

Also, I don't want people to become Elo obsessed in dominion like they are in ranked SR. I like the more casual, fun environment of dominion, but it still has that intense, competitive feel!

EDIT: Also, stop bumping your thread. The Dominion forums see much less traffic than GD so no need to bump so much. Maybe once a day at most...

Quinessant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

Sorry... you just pointed out to me that it got moved... xD It was originally in GD. and i just have it bookmarked.

Viserys

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonhijoe V View Post
As awesome as ranked would be, I don't think it is ready yet.

Champ balance is hard on dominion since SR is the main attraction for LoL's competitive scene and dominion balance isn't considered too heavily when they buff/nerf champions.

Also, I don't want people to become Elo obsessed in dominion like they are in ranked SR. I like the more casual, fun environment of dominion, but it still has that intense, competitive feel!

EDIT: Also, stop bumping your thread. The Dominion forums see much less traffic than GD so no need to bump so much. Maybe once a day at most...
People love using that reason but it will never be "balanced" people need to look at it in this perspective. Some champs have more advantages in SR some in 3vs3 and some in dominion.

Take starcraft? Zerg benefits greatly on smaller maps for rushing
TF2? Spy is at heaven on badwater basin/egypt.
I am sure you can do this in any multi-player game.

You don't need a fairy tail unattainable leveled playing ground to have a fully functioning competitive scene.

Its like any other game some maps benefit certain classes, heros, champions, characters more than others and the ban system will stomp on the champs that excel to much in dominion.(i hate banning)
That casual experience you speak of won't go away in non-ranked.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-03-2012

I shall bump this for you because it should happen.. with season 2 coming to a close... ranked dominion should happen for season 3. I mean let's be honest here.. you post dominion builds in your champion previews... you gave dominion the new shopkeeper model. Neither of these things you do for Twisted Treeline, which has ranked options. We should all ask ourselves.. Why not Dominion?

A Slime Appears

09-04-2012

bomp