Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

~Narl's Pro nOOb Guide~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narlepshin

08-08-2010

Hi! So, you're either new to the game, or level 30 and you STILL SUCK!, well here are some random tips to help you in any game, but I mainly play 3 vs 3, so these might be more towards 3 vs 3 games.

~~~Player tips~~~~~

~Update~
Crying about MIA, you have eyes, watch the map yourself, I do it all the time and never have a problem, why cant you? Calling MIA can be usefull if you call MIA as soon as they MIA, alot of people call it WAY to late as in "MIA!!! while you're already being atked by the MIA". And also, 75% of people don't call MIA that play random pub games, so my reason for not calling it is, no one else does, so just depend on yourself, now if you're playing with FRIENDS calling MIA is a must.

Anyone who cries about “2 vs 1” , “3 vs 1” , or “ganking”. Look, its 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5, it’s not our fault you're dumb and was caught alone. And god only knows that if you were with a teammate and found someone alone you wouldn’t atk them too. Like really….

Talking **** to your teammates only lowers moral, while talking **** to the other team might get a rage quit. <3

Know when to surrender, wasting time isn’t fun. If it fail’s 2/1 (idk how 2/1 fails, silly riot has horrible math) please vote yes time unless the game turns around.

Do your best to learn one tank/dps/magic champ, and pick accordingly to help balance the team.

Crying when in a 2 vs 3 game (and your team still has 3) makes you look like a noob, oh POOR YOU you got ganked ,or POOR YOU someone tower hugged and you got owned by the tower…..its 2 vs 3, you already have a huge advantage. Stop crying. (I’v fed the other team in a 2 vs 3 where I was the 3, just so it will be more fun, easy games are boring)

Know your champ before you play, simple way to learn a champ is…don don don..GOOGLE….Example…champs name then..DON DON DON….GUIDE, as in “shaco guide”. (note guides are just GUIDE LINES, I have seen/read many guides and there will always be pros and cons to each, but the more the know the better, also try random builds, most of the time I have my own personal style of playing which means my own personal style of build)

~~~~~Champ Tips.~~~~

Running to 3 vs 1 Fights when you’re the “1”. Ty for the free kill!

Running into the bush at the start of a 3 vs 3 when you have someone who can check with stealth/skill to see if there is already someone set up to gank you, or being a squishy char with 400 life and checking the bush when you have a tank to do it for you.

Jumping into a 2 vs 1 battle when they are at ½ life thinking you can win, chances are you will just die, its still 2 vs 1.

Any WW jungling in 3 vs 3, yay ty for making it 2 vs 1 for the bottom champ, helps a lot!. (ww junlging at all is ******ed in my eyes but eh, its super ******ed in 3 vs 3)

Turrent diving at a low level for a kill, its fun but still ******ed, once again ty for the free kill.

Anyone who quits after the first 5 mins of the game because of a “bad start”, at least wait 10 to give up. I’v won impossible games, sometimes not giving up is all it takes.

Just because a champ has low life doesn’t mean they are an easy kill, tanks can have low life and still have “a lot of life” left, or champs that have been fed can kill you before you even get a chance to touch them, making them even more fed.

~Update~Chasing a kill can get you killed, sadly 75% of the time its better to let the kill go and move on, getting yourself killed isn’t worth getting a kill, imo anyways. (chasing a kill is ok if 1, you know where the other team is, or two you’re not turret diving, or three you REALLY REALLY hate the champ/player and want them to DIE)
NEOBLAST- "really now, you should chase a kill if it means you dying too if they're on a rampage/killstreak, extra gold is worth the kill~

If you tell you teammates to go somewhere for a kill, and no one starts moving don’t go into battle and complain about “not getting any help”, if no one was around to help you, that’s your fault.

Jumping into battle just because your teammate did seems like a good idea, but sadly it’s not. If you don’t think you will win, just let your teammate die and move on, one death is better then two. This once again depends on the champs being playing, who has been "more fed' and so on, but I still see alot of people crying "why didnt you help", because uh? I didnt want to die along with you?

Always watch you mana, I'v seen alot of players go into battle with little or no mana and just get killed. Also, I have seen people stop chasing me thinking I will kill them, when I have no mana, and would have been an easy kill.

"Backdooring" (passing all the mins and just runing to a turrent/inhib to destroy it) is part of the game and should be done as often as possible, some people look down on it but as i say "I just play the game, i didnt make it".

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason, like in life, like in L.O.L. Enough said.

Knowledge is power!, for reals, the more you know the better your chances of winning. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be adding any tips anyone else has, or any other tips I can think of while playing. The main rule that everyone should follow if any is ITS A GAME, GAMES ARE MENT TO BE FUN!!!!!, I am writing this in hope of bettering the players around me, so I don't feel like I am playing with bots. <3 GG!

Drankou

08-08-2010

Most of these are good tips but some of them are kind of rude. Such as the one about talking trash to the other team, that just goes to show that the community if bad cause you think you are better than others. As for the one about Warwick jungling, I have won 3v3 cause I had a Warwick jungle and in 5's it gives the level advantage to the team who has him jungling but the Warwick has to know what he is doing to be able to do it effectively.

madstermind

08-08-2010

Not all of us can write MFing guides like Condon. Sadly you're included. Looks like you're trying too hard.

Johis

08-09-2010

This is really not a helpful guide at all. Calling MIA is an important part of team coordination. You don't want to encourage people to "live without it." While it is forgivable for a person to miss calling MIAs, they should still be reminded that calling them can be a huge help to the team, particularly when your teammates are too busy--you know--playing the game to be focusing on a lane that they are not in.

You should also know that, especially for new players (this is a New Player forum, right?), it's not always possible to avoid a gank--that is, unless you tower hug the whole game. Even then, a tower dive from champions like Pantheon can spell a quick end to less resilient heroes like Soraka. Some characters are just very good at ganking others, even solo, making it difficult to always anticipate ganks (especially when that other player has some sort of teleport spell--let's see you avoid ganks from Twisted Fate without playing like a derpderp the whole game). Getting ganked a few times doesn't make you bad by default, and sometimes it is frustrating when there appears to be absolutely nothing you can do to stop it, like when you're playing a caster and someone has fed Tristana.

Talking trash to teammates is sometimes appropriate, especially in ranked games. It could make them lolmad, sure, but anyone with half a wit knows it's cake to turn someone's opinion of you around in a heartbeat. If someone is calling you a roflotard and isn't saying why, consider asking. Knowing what they think you are doing wrong can help you decide if you agree. (Duh.) That's why people flame in these games. There's nothing quite like watching someone first pick Sion or Tristana only to see five minutes into game when the player is 0/5/0, "lol first time with this champ." There is just a certain low bar for general intelligence in ranked or matched games. Exceeding that bar is, more or less, punishable by utter abuse unless and until you literally lrn2play. I'm fairly sure getting them to leave or AFK is generally the point of trash talking in these cases.

I could go on, but really man, your guide is basically the opposite of helpful. The language of it all makes you sound like a crybaby noob who regularly gets yelled at for doing stupid things in matched or ranked games, and regardless of whether that is the case, writing and posting a guide for the purpose of vindicating those sorts of mistakes is wtfstupid. Not all of your tips fall into this category, but enough do that I really have to say: bra, guide writing just ain't for you.

Narlepshin

08-09-2010

yea, i was never really a good at helping others, but ill stand by what i'v said. I Just don't understand how people can get to level 30 and still be "bad" players. As for being rude, eh it's who I am, and yea it's part of it is "crying" because I'm sick of either getting stuck with idiots, or playing vs idiots who make the game rather boring because they just sit and feed me kills. Any advice I give are things I have seen people do OVER and OVER again and its like, Don't you learn from your mistakes instead of just repeating them? Idk maybe i need to start playing only ranked games, because the avg norm games have got pretty bad.....

Kureno

08-10-2010

Quote:
Narlepshin:
yea, i was never really a good at helping others, but ill stand by what i'v said. I Just don't understand how people can get to level 30 and still be "bad" players. As for being rude, eh it's who I am, and yea it's part of it is "crying" because I'm sick of either getting stuck with idiots, or playing vs idiots who make the game rather boring because they just sit and feed me kills. Any advice I give are things I have seen people do OVER and OVER again and its like, Don't you learn from your mistakes instead of just repeating them? Idk maybe i need to start playing only ranked games, because the avg norm games have got pretty bad.....

Why lvl30's suck? Look, I've seen one or two with ~0 wins. How? People get exp from losing games too, apparently.
Why are you getting stuck with them? I have no bleedin' clue, Matchmaking should PREVENT that if their ELO should be so bad.

And on the OP, did you openly support leaving at the 10 minute mark? o_O

Ceazy

Recruiter

08-10-2010

This is a terrible guide. New players, stay away.

finalformeskimo

08-10-2010

someone plays alot of TT

SearZocom

Recruiter

08-10-2010

theres one big thing u forgot to mention HAWTKEYS they helped me in hon/lol/dota and they will help u as well

ILoveHelloKitty

08-10-2010

i think this guide is useless, your just complaining about other people complaining and other stuff that most people already know. really now, you should chase a kill if it means you dying too if they're on a rampage/killstreak.