Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac compatible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumie Bear

08-08-2010

I just want to know if LoL is Mac compatible so I can play on my brother's laptop. His Mac is way better than my computer, so that's why I want to see if it can play LoL.

Kajitii

Recruiter

08-08-2010

Word on the street is that Riot is working with another company to produce a Mac-compatible version of LoL.

xpsychedelico

08-08-2010

Last I heard, Riot's planning to release a Mac version by the end of this year.

If your brother doesn't mind, create a Windows partition using Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp. You will need a Windows installation disc. Boot camp gives you detailed instructions and pictures on how to get this done. It's very simple and works like a separate computer that runs on Windows, you can't run both Mac OS and Windows at the same time. It will allow your brother to also play any games that are not Mac compatible. You can choose to remove this partition at any time and it will revert back to a part of his Mac.

Sawl

08-09-2010

I have a mac but sadly it isn't mac compatible. I play with bootcamp and windows 7 and the game runes very well.

It really doesn't take all that long to set up - maybe 3 hours.